ALL >> Business >> View Article
Baking Paper – One Of The Most Essential Things In Your Kitchen
Total Articles: 21
If you are still using aluminium foil for cooking, it is time to make the switch to parchment paper or greaseproof paper. Like plastic containers and margarine, aluminium foil has overstayed its welcome in the kitchen, and there is now a much better option. So, next time when you are baking a cake or roasting up vegetables or wrapping a cooked food, reach for baking or parchment paper instead.
Parchment paper is ideal for cooking a papillote, wrapping moist foods, and for cutting a makeshift lid for a skillet to trap the moisture of vegetables cooking on the stovetop. It can also be used for lining a baking pan because it can withstand high temperatures and it is non-sticky. Baking paper is also widely used in the food packaging industries, industrial packaging supplies and hospitality supplies.
Even though the baking paper is expensive when compared to waxed paper and aluminium foil, it can be a better value since it is versatile and can be reused as a pan liner. You can buy a roll of parchment paper or from packaging suppliers who provide wholesale packaging supplies at an affordable price.
Why choose greaseproof paper?
Greaseproof paper (preferably unbleached) is versatile than when compared to foil. Greaseproof paper is designed for baking and toasting. When baking a cake or biscuits the layer of greaseproof paper on the tray helps keep the baking tray clean and prevents from sticking. It can also be used for wrapping foods like pizza, chips, popcorn, sandwich, burgers etc. Foodstuffs which are wrapped in the greaseproof paper maintain their flavour and appearance.
Contrary to what you might have heard, a greaseproof paper is not wax paper. Actually, wax paper is coated with wax, and though it is a good substitute for covering a workspace for easy clean-up, it does not go well in the oven; the wax can melt or may even catch fire.
Handy uses for baking paper:
- Parchment or baking paper will keep the pan clean so that you can say goodbye to the roasted vegetable residue, crusted-on cookie crumbs and more.
- Do not throw the sheet which is used for baking. Yes, it can be reused for multiple batches of cookies. As long as the paper is dry and debris-free, you can use the sheet.
- You can wrap the cooked foods with the help of parchment paper. Also, you can wrap your cheese before storing them in the fridge. It helps to extend the shelf life of cheese by allowing it to breathe and release moisture.
The author is a reputed wholesale packaging supplies manufacturer. He is also a blogger who specialises in the supply of premier quality eco-friendly packaging supplies to various industries. Visit http://www.superiorpaper.com.au/ for more details.
We are an Australian owned paper converting firm that specializes in supply of superior quality packing paper products. For more than three decades we have specialised in converting sheeted paper and delivered superior paper to different kinds of industries across Australia. With Manufacturing plants in Sydney & Brisbane and Satellite distributions in Melbourne and Adelaide Superior Paper reaches to all businesses across Australia.
Business Articles1. Be A Security Guard And Live A Life With Dignity While Protecting Commoners
Author: George Hoover
2. Have A Plan
3. Our Year Round Services Include Part - Iii
4. Best Smart Security
Author: SecurPoint Security
5. Choosing The Best Security Guard Company In Delhi
Author: Sushma Deshwal
6. Siddhakala Renewable Energy System Pvt. Ltd
Author: SIDDHAKALA RENEWABLE ENERGY SYSTEM PVT. LTD
7. Why You Should Use Professionals To Deal With Your Bed Bug Issues
Author: Steve Stein
8. Bed Bug Exterminators And The Solution To Your Bed Bug Problem
Author: Steve Stein
9. Chief Sand Supplier In Hyderabad
Author: Sand Suppliers
10. What Do Hvac Repair Technicians Do?
11. Professionally Expert Technician Of Air Condition
Author: Honestair Systems
12. Why Live Chat Script Is Necessary
Author: Surabhi Joshi
13. How Does Advertising Use Your Imagination?
14. Export Compliance Needs – What People Should Do?
Author: Fred Danny
15. Hair Removal Products & Epilators Review
Author: Smooth Life