ALL >> Health >> View Article
Gastric Bypass Surgery – The Best Weight Loss Surgery
Total Articles: 14
Obesity is a big problem nowadays. It not only affects your body but mind as well. Slowly one starts getting prone to a number of diseases thereby bring down the quality lifestyle of an individual. That is when the Weight Loss Surgery comes into action and does the work for you. It is one of the effective ways to lose weight and put an end to obesity. Now you might be thinking as what is done in this surgery that you start losing the weight. In such surgeries, the main emphasis is on your stomach. Surgery is done to regulate the amount of food your stomach takes in. Lesser the amount of food you eat, lesser will be the absorption and so the impact will be directly on your weight.
Now the Weight Loss Surgery is also of different types depending on your BMI and health. The doctor can best suggest you as which surgery will be suitable for you and accomplish the purpose. In this article we will talk about the gastric bypass surgery.
Gastric bypass surgery
As the name indicates, this is the surgery wherein the focus is on the stomach as well as the intestine. The surgery is done to regulate the amount of food taken by the body and the way it is absorbed. In this kind of surgery, the size of your stomach decreases. This means you will eat less and still feel as if your stomach is full. Also not all the food that you eat will get into the stomach and intestine thereby reducing the calories your body takes. This will definitely have an effect on your body weight and slowly you will feel the difference. http://www.cuspsurgeons.com/what-is-weight-loss-surgery/
Usually laparoscopic surgery is done in this case. Thus it will be a pain-free experience for you and the recovery will be a faster one.
How gastric bypass surgery is done?
Before the surgery is begun, you are given general anaesthesia. You will feel unconscious and will not feel any kind of pain during the surgery. Now there are two steps in the process.
• Firstly the size of the stomach is reduced. This is done by dividing your stomach into two parts, the upper smaller one and the bigger bottom one. The upper portion is your stomach which takes in food. So once it is reduced, you will eat less and so is the absorption of the food.
• Once the stomach size is reduced, the bypass surgery is done. A small opening in your intestine is made and connected to your stomach. So now whatever you eat will not go into the intestine but the new opening. As the space is small, it will absorb less food thereby affecting your weight.
Once the surgery is complete, instruments are removed and stitches are given. If you are looking for a specialist of Weight Loss Surgery, get in touch with the experts of CUSP Surgeons that include Dr Vikrant Sharma, Dr Saleem Naik and Dr Nikhil Gupta. They are professionals in weight loss surgery and can help you in the right way. Best Gastro Surgeon
CUSP Surgeons Specialisation in metabolic & bariatric surgery, weight loss surgery, gastric sleeve surgery, mini gastric bypass.
Health Articles1. Sensory Integration|best Pediatric Physiotherapists In Hulimavu,bangalore
Author: Sumitha Hemavathy
2. Everything About Vitamin B12
Author: DR. Sarika Nair
3. Modafinil Tablets Boost Executive Functions
Author: Lewis Paul
4. The Significance Of Dental Care To Your Overall Health
Author: Donnell Nash
5. Can Counselling Get You Out Of A Bad Relationship?
Author: Richard Gosling
6. 6 Herbal Extracts That Treat Daily Health Concerns Naturally
Author: Quantum Naturals
7. Tips For Ivf Success By Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
8. Pros And Cons Of Plastic Surgery
Author: Kelly Sanchez
9. How To Know The Effect Of The Invisalign Treatment?
Author: Joseph Donald
10. Heart: Care For It And Live Longer
11. How To Find The Perfect Orthodontist In Lafayette?
Author: Thomas Mark
12. Chose The Best In Orthopedic
Author: Sandeep Tomar
13. How Effective Are The Lung Test Devices And How Can It Keep You Healthy?
Author: Natasha Adhikary
14. The Best Cardiologists In India: Dr Naresh Trehan & Dr Ashok Seth
Author: Medical Services of India
15. Why You Should Go For Fermenting Foods And Vegetables
Author: Kriben Govender