ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
5 Ways To Find Great Deals On Used Cars
Total Articles: 57
Searching for a used vehicle is often a daunting process as you search for the vehicle you want while trying to find the best deal possible. Therefore, we put together a list of ways to increase your chances of getting that dream car at a price that is better for your budget.
Best Time to Buy a Car
You may not know this, but there are better times to shop for vehicles than others to save the most money. Do your research, find out how the dealerships operate, know the best time to strike, and get the best deals. You will know when the dealerships are anxious to finalize deals just to move more vehicles.
• Time of day: You will notice that a lot of dealers seem to be more willing to negotiate later in the evening. That’s because most sales professionals want to go home and relax. Even if you get a good deal,
remember that you don’t have to make the decision right there. Be sure that you are confident about the vehicle before you make up your mind.
Dealerships are willing to let you take your time and hold the offer for a couple of days, especially if it’s on the weekend as most financial institutions are not open.
• Time of month: Most dealerships have monthly quotas that are set every month. If you wait until close to the end of the month, there is a chance that dealers will work very hard to negotiate lower prices. They do this to avoid losing a potential customer.
• Time of year: It may sound strange but even the time of year can affect how dealers negotiate pricing. It is said that the best time of year is early fall. The dealerships are getting ready for new models to come in and want to make room for the new inventory, so they will really try to negotiate many areas of the purchase to move the cars out.
Check the Car’s History
The history of the vehicle is important, so be sure to get the vehicle history report. Remember to have the vehicle inspected before you buy it. Sometimes there are unseen damages that might have occurred. Having the vehicle history and inspection reports will provide information on major damage and maintenance work that the vehicle has had. Some dealerships offer a free vehicle report or you can obtain one for a relatively low price. This report can help save you from expensive repair bills in the future.
Don’t Bring Up Your Trade-in
Remember you do not have to have a trade-in to get the best deal on a vehicle purchase. It is best to not discuss putting down any money or your trade-in until a final price of your new vehicle has been settled on. Be sure to have your own vehicle inspected and research the value of your car both the one you trading in and the one you want to buy. Typically, you get a better price for your car by selling it yourself. Dealerships often try to get vehicles for less because they have to resell it and they will need to make a profit.
Tell the Dealership You’re Shopping Around
Be sure that the salesperson understands that you are comparing prices with other dealerships. The sales people will try to convince you that they have the lower price. If you come in with a list of quotes, spreadsheets, or even checklists, the dealership may be willing to make a deal at a lower price instead of risking that you may take your business somewhere else.
Take Your Time
Remember that you are in control; not the dealership. Do not let them try to make you buy something that exceeds your budget. Most sales people are there to help you and take your needs into consideration, not just to make a sale. Do not be pushed or pressured into something you cannot afford. Remember to stick to your budget.
Automobiles Articles1. 3 Top Tips To Beat Holiday Traffic In The New Subaru Xv
Author: Ben Sporn
2. Snow Driving Techniques
Author: Jessie Allen
3. Is It Legal To Drive In High Heels? Mazda 2 Perth Dealer Advice
Author: greg dean
4. Wise Or Otherwise: Should You Buy Your Next Car From A Friend?
Author: Williams Orchard
5. Taotao E3-350 Electric Dirt Bike For Kids - Best Fun Of Riding On Backyard And Driveway
Author: TX Power Sports
6. Simulators Always Valuable For Industries
Author: Eesha Zaveri
7. How To Pick The Right Auto Repair Shop
Author: Mark Josesh
8. Looking For The Best Canton Nc Ford Dealer Of Used Car
Author: Hammond Rauers
9. Don’t Travel Alone, Travel With Your Loved Ones And Collect Great Memories
Author: Max Brier
10. Gift Yourself A Hunter On Your Birthday This Year And Make Yourself Proud
Author: Levi Fysh
11. 2018 Research:unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (ucav) Market Forecast 2026 Report
Author: Kavita Joshi
12. Hid Ballast 101: Everything You Need To Know About Ballasts
Author: Nathan Howard
13. 5 Important Benefits You Should Know About Skip Hire
Author: Emma Denton
14. Things To Consider While Purchasing The Best Lube Truck For Your Business
Author: Scott Lee
15. Advice For Driving Your New Subaru Levorg While Pregnant
Author: Ben Sporn