ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
5 Ways To Find Great Deals On Used Cars
Total Articles: 47
Searching for a used vehicle is often a daunting process as you search for the vehicle you want while trying to find the best deal possible. Therefore, we put together a list of ways to increase your chances of getting that dream car at a price that is better for your budget.
Best Time to Buy a Car
You may not know this, but there are better times to shop for vehicles than others to save the most money. Do your research, find out how the dealerships operate, know the best time to strike, and get the best deals. You will know when the dealerships are anxious to finalize deals just to move more vehicles.
• Time of day: You will notice that a lot of dealers seem to be more willing to negotiate later in the evening. That’s because most sales professionals want to go home and relax. Even if you get a good deal,
remember that you don’t have to make the decision right there. Be sure that you are confident about the vehicle before you make up your mind.
Dealerships are willing to let you take your time and hold the offer for a couple of days, especially if it’s on the weekend as most financial institutions are not open.
• Time of month: Most dealerships have monthly quotas that are set every month. If you wait until close to the end of the month, there is a chance that dealers will work very hard to negotiate lower prices. They do this to avoid losing a potential customer.
• Time of year: It may sound strange but even the time of year can affect how dealers negotiate pricing. It is said that the best time of year is early fall. The dealerships are getting ready for new models to come in and want to make room for the new inventory, so they will really try to negotiate many areas of the purchase to move the cars out.
Check the Car’s History
The history of the vehicle is important, so be sure to get the vehicle history report. Remember to have the vehicle inspected before you buy it. Sometimes there are unseen damages that might have occurred. Having the vehicle history and inspection reports will provide information on major damage and maintenance work that the vehicle has had. Some dealerships offer a free vehicle report or you can obtain one for a relatively low price. This report can help save you from expensive repair bills in the future.
Don’t Bring Up Your Trade-in
Remember you do not have to have a trade-in to get the best deal on a vehicle purchase. It is best to not discuss putting down any money or your trade-in until a final price of your new vehicle has been settled on. Be sure to have your own vehicle inspected and research the value of your car both the one you trading in and the one you want to buy. Typically, you get a better price for your car by selling it yourself. Dealerships often try to get vehicles for less because they have to resell it and they will need to make a profit.
Tell the Dealership You’re Shopping Around
Be sure that the salesperson understands that you are comparing prices with other dealerships. The sales people will try to convince you that they have the lower price. If you come in with a list of quotes, spreadsheets, or even checklists, the dealership may be willing to make a deal at a lower price instead of risking that you may take your business somewhere else.
Take Your Time
Remember that you are in control; not the dealership. Do not let them try to make you buy something that exceeds your budget. Most sales people are there to help you and take your needs into consideration, not just to make a sale. Do not be pushed or pressured into something you cannot afford. Remember to stick to your budget.
Automobiles Articles1. Cad Jobs: What Are The Different Options?
2. Being A Driving Instructor, A Challenging Profession
Author: Nate Mcgahey
3. Add Style, Elegance And Luxury To Weddings - Hire Wedding Cars
Author: Padraic O Reilly
4. How To Check Out Any Local Garage First For Auto Repairs?
Author: Mark Josesh
5. Why Mobile Sinks Are More Beneficial Than Steady Sinks?
Author: Amy Mosis
6. Find Great Deals Of Portable Hand Washing Station With Hot Water
Author: Amy Mosis
7. What To Expect From Driving Lessons On The First Class With Your Instructor?
Author: Nate Mcgahey
8. 5 Common Myths About Sun Control Window Film
Author: Ryan Amari
9. How To Modify Your Car On A Budget For Best Performance
Author: Dashiell John
10. Performance Tuning - Diesel Chip Tuning
Author: Performance Tuning
11. How To Refinance Your Car At The Right Time?
Author: Williams Orchard
12. Why Is Car Care Considered As Most Important?
Author: Suraj Sharma
13. Why Used Car Parts Are Better Than New A1 Auto Parts
Author: Used Car Parts Used Cash For Unwanted Cars
14. Cash For Unwanted Cars Save Auto Scrap Yard
Author: Used Car Parts Used Auto Parts
15. Finding The Right Electric Mobility Scooters
Author: Hampry Gomes