ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Hid Vs. Led Headlights: Dealing With The Car Lighting Dilemma
Total Articles: 3
Over the last couple of years, the automotive lighting industry has been on a ‘brighter’ growth trajectory. It started with simple incandescent bulbs and halogens. And now, you can opt for better and innovative technology such as HID and LED. But, it also poses a dilemma for car owners. Is HID conversion kit a better option or one must choose the newer LED bulbs for efficient headlamps?
HID vs. LED – The Big Decision
Making a choice between two technologies is never done in a New York minute. You need to consider both the technologies, learn your preferences and make a conscious choice. But, before you seek other options, understand why you should avoid halogen bulbs.
Why move away from Halogen Bulbs?
The bright light of halogen bulbs, easy availability and low cost made it the preferred choice of auto manufacturers. If you are not a frequent driver, you can still use halogen bulbs that usually produce 1200-1300 lumens. But, they are many brighter options available now. It is essential to remember that halogen bulbs consume high amount of energy and they are not very eco-friendly. There is another issue of the emitted light not begin focused. If you drive on a regular basis and want to opt for more efficient alternatives, you can consider HID or LED lights.
HID Headlights – What’s the Deal?
The first challenger of halogen bulbs are HID lights that were introduced by BMW in 1990s. HID stands for high-intensity discharge. Sometimes, they are also referred as Xenon bulbs because of the Xenon gas used in the process. Currently, large numbers of auto manufacturers use them for high-end cars.
1. HID bulbs emit a bright white or blue light that not only illuminates the road but also adds to the beauty of the car. It offers superior visibility on the road.
2. Useful for people who have to mostly drive at night.
3. HIDs are more efficient than halogen bulbs. Even though they take more energy to start up, they consume less energy later.
4. The bulbs offer thrice the lumens than halogen bulbs.
5. They are long-lasting. For example, a 35watt HID bulb can last for as many as 3200 hours.
If you are interested in installing HID headlights, consider your vehicle. Is it HID-ready? You will require a ballast and an ignitor for proper functioning of the technology. Also, you need to choose a HID conversion kit that performs best in projector housing.
LED Headlights – Are they Better?
The name comes from Light Emitting Diodes (semiconductors) that are used in LED bulbs. As electrons pass through the semiconductors, they give out light. LED lights are slightly costly than HID bulbs but their durability outweighs the cost. Many manufacturers including BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Toyota, Audi, etc. use the technology in their cars.
1. Although every technology is different, we can say that the level of illumination of a typical LED bulb is between a halogen bulb and a HID bulb.
2. They are the most energy-efficient bulbs in the market and consume less energy than the traditional halogen bulbs.
3. Car enthusiasts prefer LED lights for effective strobe lighting.
4. You do not require a ballast to fit LED bulbs. And, the installation process is simpler than HID bulbs.
5. Previously LEDs were used for indicators and rear lights. But, now there are LED bulb options to be used for high and low beam headlights.
Even though LED lights do not require ballast, you need to consider the heating issue. It can heat up the neighboring assemblies in the car. So, they need accompanying cooling systems. It means you need to spend money on buying quality LED bulbs that offer safety.
The Final Word
As with any other decision, you have to consider the price and your preference. Halogens are cheap and offer decent beam length but, they consume more energy and you can always take advantage of improved technology. LED and HID technologies work on different principles. If you require maximum illumination, you can opt for HID headlights. And, if you are looking for a stylish, futuristic technology, consider LED headlamps to enjoy flexibility and glare-free illumination.
When it comes to upgrading the car lights, car owners trust the expert. We are a reliable online automotive lighting store has a wide range of HID bulbs and LED headlights. Enjoy incredible price, premium-quality product and free shipping benefits on your order.
Cars are an essential part of the American life. That’s why; it gives me great pleasure to be working with a leading car lighting company that makes cars stylish and safe for Americans. Underground Lighting is a pioneer in the automotive lighting industry. It believes in bridging the gap between car owners and innovative technology.
Automobiles Articles1. 3 Top Tips To Beat Holiday Traffic In The New Subaru Xv
Author: Ben Sporn
2. Snow Driving Techniques
Author: Jessie Allen
3. Is It Legal To Drive In High Heels? Mazda 2 Perth Dealer Advice
Author: greg dean
4. Wise Or Otherwise: Should You Buy Your Next Car From A Friend?
Author: Williams Orchard
5. Taotao E3-350 Electric Dirt Bike For Kids - Best Fun Of Riding On Backyard And Driveway
Author: TX Power Sports
6. Simulators Always Valuable For Industries
Author: Eesha Zaveri
7. How To Pick The Right Auto Repair Shop
Author: Mark Josesh
8. Looking For The Best Canton Nc Ford Dealer Of Used Car
Author: Hammond Rauers
9. Don’t Travel Alone, Travel With Your Loved Ones And Collect Great Memories
Author: Max Brier
10. Gift Yourself A Hunter On Your Birthday This Year And Make Yourself Proud
Author: Levi Fysh
11. 2018 Research:unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (ucav) Market Forecast 2026 Report
Author: Kavita Joshi
12. Hid Ballast 101: Everything You Need To Know About Ballasts
Author: Nathan Howard
13. 5 Important Benefits You Should Know About Skip Hire
Author: Emma Denton
14. Things To Consider While Purchasing The Best Lube Truck For Your Business
Author: Scott Lee
15. Advice For Driving Your New Subaru Levorg While Pregnant
Author: Ben Sporn