ALL >> Health >> View Article
Paresthesia Could Cause Loss Of Male Organ Sensation
Total Articles: 1144
Proper male organ sensation is absolutely crucial for enjoyment of sensual activities, whether they involve a partner or one’s own hand. Most of the time, paying adequate attention to one’s member health helps to ensure no diminishment in male organ sensation. There are, of course, issues outside the general realm of male organ health that could still impact the manhood and its sensitivity - and something called paresthesia is one of these.
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke says that paresthesia "refers to a burning or prickling sensation…which happens without warning, is usually painless and described as tingling or numbness, skin crawling, or itching." Often the sensation is described as kind of "numbness" or deadening of feeling.
Paresthesia can be either temporary or chronic. Most people have experienced a mild form of temporary paresthesia, such as happens when the arm or leg "falls asleep." This resolves itself soon after the removal of pressure on nerves that caused the numbness in the first place. Other causes of temporary paresthesia include lack of blood flow, dehydration or a panic attack.
A chronic case of paresthesia - one which recurs or lasts for a long time and which doesn’t resolve when obvious pressure on a nerve is relieved - indicates issues such as an underlying neurological or circulatory cause, diabetes, connective tissue disorder, etc.
Male organ sensation
Although it is more common to experience paresthesia in the arms or legs, some men do experience it in the member. Why would this be? There can be several reasons.
- A guy may have been lying on his member in such a way that the nerves felt "pinched." This should be a very temporary form of paresthesia, and should wear off within a few minutes of shifting position so that there is no longer weight bearing down on male organ nerves.
- There may be an impediment in the blood vessels which is keeping an appropriate amount of blood to flow into the manhood during the tumescence phase. The lack of sufficient blood can in some instances result in a diminishment of male organ sensation.
- Nerves in the member may have become damaged due to rough use. This is probably the most common cause of paresthesia in the manhood. The damage comes about, for example, because a man is self-stimulating with a "death grip," i.e. a grip around the organ that is too tight and which causes minor nerve damage. Often lack of lubrication is also involved.
In many cases, paresthesia in the member is quite temporary. However, if it is chronic, a man definitely needs to see a doctor - especially if he experiences similar numbness in other parts of the body as well. He should let the doctor know where the numbness has occurred, how often, etc. so that the doctor can determine the appropriate course of treatment to recommend. (That treatment will depend on a diagnosis of the underlying cause of the paresthesia.)
When paresthesia results in a loss of male organ sensation and the cause seems to have been rough handling of the manhood, a man may find some relief by regularly applying a first rate male organ health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). The key to success in this area is to find a crème that includes L-carnitine in its ingredients. L-carnitine is an amino acid that has been shown to protect against peripheral nerve damage caused by friction, compression, and other common injuries. It also helps if the same crème contains a potent antioxidant; alpha lipoic acid is an excellent one. Alpha lipoic acid helps fight against excess free radicals and the oxidative stress they can cause. This will help strengthen manhood skin and better protect delicate male organ nerves.
Visit www.menshealthfirst.com for more information about treating common male organ health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of male organ sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important