ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Best Monsoon Treks In Nepal
Total Articles: 17
Trekking Nepal in autumn offers the crystal clear skies; but trekking during the monsoon (from mid-June – early September) has its own advantages. Some trail should be avoided while it’s great to trek that region which avoids rainfalls even in monsoon. The trail during monsoon are embellished with blooming flowers and the views are simply magical.
Here are the list of top place to visit in Nepal during Monsoon, but having said that it is possible to conduct the treks throughout the year:
Upper Dolpo Trek
Located far to the western Nepal, Upper Dolpo trek takes you to the one of the most secluded and least explored region of Nepal. As it falls behind the rain shadow area of Dhaulagiri massifs, trekking in Dolpo is best monsoon treks in Nepal. Here we get the close glimpse of Himalayan life with rustic flair and amazing view of mountain peaks, green valleys, arid landscapes and more.
Due to its remoteness and relative inaccessibility, very few trekkers have made their way to Upper Dolpo. Trekkers must be physically fit as they have to cross more than four high passes during the trek.
Upper Dolpo Trek is restricted for trekking, so trekkers must obtain special trekking permits to enter the area. It costs USD 500 for first 10 days and USD 10 for each additional day.
Upper Mustang Trek
Protected by the rain shadow area of Annapurna massifs, Upper Mustang Trek is probably the best monsoon treks in Nepal. It is relatively accessible and trekking trail is near to popular touristic place of Pokhara.
Trekkers can either drive on 4 Wheeler Jeep to Upper Mustang or choose to trek via several passes to Lo Mantang. If you want close peek to mountainous landscapes and seek in-depth cultural knowledge, Upper Mustang trek is perfect for you. If you are adventure junkies, the off-road drive to Upper Mustang is sure to satisfy your adrenaline quest.
Annapurna Circuit Trek
Annapurna region is one of most popular place for trekking in Nepal, for good reason. Trekking in Annapurna is relatively easy to get to by road or air via Pokhara. The trail are well-trodden and hospitality of local are intriguing.
Significant parts of Annapurna circuit lies beyond the rain protect area and therefore will be wet and slippery but the upper parts towards Manang, Tilicho and Thoraong La Pass to Mukitnath in lower Mustang remains significantly dryer and well worth the effort.
Rara Lake Trek
Rara National Park is the smallest National Park in Nepal but it is home to the largest lake in the country – Rara Lake.
Rara Lake lies in remote western region; trekking trail can challenging as the road condition and flight departures are subject to disrupt the lowlands.
This region is not dry as Mustang and Upper Dolpo, the crystal clear waters of Rara Lake and the surrounding alpine meadows, exotic floral and faunal species all around makes the trip worthwhile even if you do have to face the occasional showers.
Note: If you are okay with occasional downpours, we suggest you to go for short trekking in Nepal - Sikles villages Trek and Annapurna Base Camp Short Trek might be the best option.
Travel Articles1. How Car Rental Services In Odisha Is Doing Decent Business
Author: Bhubaneswar Taxi Service
2. Choose Easy Trekking Tour In Nepal To Explore Beautiful Himalayan Peak
3. Kanchenjunga - Amazing Trekking Destination In Nepal
4. Top-level Transport For A Destination Wedding Including Family In Dc With A Charter Bus Dc
5. Quell Your Pre-wedding Jitters With Calming Wedding Limo Service Near Me
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
6. Book A Taxi Cab Online For Hassle Free Travel Experience
7. Amazing Wildlife Tours: The Rewards Of Bonding With Wildlife
8. Amazing Advantages Of Having A Good Time With Animals If You Are On Tour
9. Hire Cheap Taxi To Luton Airport From London
Author: jack pero
10. Cherish An Outstanding View Of Himalaya And Naini Lake Whilst Enjoying Other Facilities At Best Hote
11. 7 Not To Miss Travel Apps, But You Missed
Author: Amit Singh
12. Fully Participatory Destination Wedding Arrangements With A Party Or Charter Bus Phoenix
Author: John wick
13. Adventure & Exciting Andaman Tour Packages For You & Your Family
Author: Chalo Emerald
14. How Can The Best Andaman Tours & Travel Agency Make Your Holiday Of Dreams Come True?
Author: Chalo Emerald
15. Lake Norman Airport Transportation Offers A Dependable And Responsible Way To Airport
Author: Hussein Hegazy