ALL >> Education >> View Article
Things To Keep In Mind For Ssc Cgl Descriptive Test 2018
Total Articles: 2
As you all might know that SSC CGL now involves a Descriptive Test as its Tier 3 exam. Many are scared by the mere thought of it but there is absolutely no reason to be scared. By the descriptive test all the Staff Selection Commission intends to check is whether the candidate they are selecting is conversable and he/she is able to express their ideas and views properly and efficiently.
All you need to be is a little descriptive and hone your writing skills. Writing in any language is not a matter to worry unless one is well versed with the language and its grammar but for students who lack the basic knowledge of a language, it is definitely a matter to worry about. To help you get rid of the fear of writing in English, read this article thoroughly.
While you read, try to bring the things mentioned in daily practice so that you are left with no hassles in the eleventh hour. Since any language cannot be mastered in a day so try and be as rigorous as possible with your practice. Before we look at the tips to keep in mind for the Descriptive Test, let us look at the SSC CGL descriptive exam pattern
Overview of SSC CGL Descriptive Exam Pattern
• The SSC CGL Exam involves 4 stages – Tier 1, 2, 3 & 4.
• Out of the 4 Tier exams, Tier 3 is the descriptive test.
• Tier 3 will be of pen and paper mode, an offline exam.
• It will be of 100 marks an1-hourur duration will be given.
• The topics are Essay Writing/ Summary/ Letter Writing.
• The paper will be Bilingual (Hindi/English).
Descriptive Exam Essentials for SSC CGL 2018
Now that you have taken a look at the exam pattern of SSC CGL, it is time that we now look at the things to remember for SSC CGL Descriptive Test 2018.
Go through the Format & Writing Style of Essays and Formal, Informal Letters.
Read as much as you can so that you don't fall short of words and content while writing on any topic.
Read newspapers, articles and political magazines as much as possible.
Also, if you choose English as the language you have to pay attention to grammar rules, prepositions and punctuation, similarly for Hindi Language.
Take any school level book and learn the basic grammar rules the language chosen.
Make sure that you are up to date with worldwide happenings because these facts that will help you frame and write a better content.
Everyday try to make a draft in the language you have chosen and evaluate it.
Re-read your draft once to rectify mistakes unknowingly done.
Try to infuse idioms and proverbs wherever appropriate while writing an essay whether in Hindi or English.
For letters always be on point and present your writing in a proper format.
Time bound yourself whenever you sit to make a draft as in exam you will get only 60 minutes to complete the paper.
Get in mind that accuracy will matter a lot, so from the very beginning take care of grammar and word usage.
Do not fall for long sentences whether in Hindi or English, try to precise, crisp and correct.
Do not beat around the bush in letters and applications be very on point while writing your draft and of course the final write up.
Be very well informed with the topic you chose to write on as not only your language but also the opinion you put forth will be under scrutiny.
Try and be as neat as possible with your write-ups and also try and write in readable handwriting.
With these tips, we have come to the end of the article. With a hope that you all be benefited, wishing you good luck with exams.
Education Articles1. Give Your Career A Right Direction With Data Science Training Program
2. Cisco (sase) 500-651 Real Exam Questions
Author: Alexia Aurora
3. An Insight To Ielts Programs And How They Help Aspirants
Author: Mia Seal
4. Institute Of Vedic Astrology Reviews For Astrology Online Courses
Author: Aashish Patida
5. Valuable Software Testing Trends - Selenium To Follow In 2018
6. A List Of Top Job Oriented Mechanical Industries In India
7. Scholarship For Girls In Jharkhand
8. Different Jharkhand State Scholarship In All Courses
9. A Demand Technology-plc Scada
Author: Aptron Solutions
10. Talend Training In Bangalore,marathahalli,btm
11. The Current State Of Java Value Types
12. Getting Job In Salesforce Via Training Online Now
Author: Riley Louis
13. Blue Prism Training Institute In Hyderabad
14. The Top Llb College In Bhopal
Author: Megha Sharma
15. New Zealand Study Visa Consultant In Jalandhar Punjab