ALL >> Service >> View Article
Important Considerations Before Laying Industrial Pipeline
Total Articles: 39
Industries that deal with oil and gas often need to lay pipelines to distribute to the required stations. However, after laying, maintenance is also an important part to keep up the functionality and enhance safety. This is the reason, surveying has a special significance under the category of maintenance to understand the flaws and drawbacks.
Well, surveying right away is one of the most difficult parts of any project. As pipelines cross miles of terrain covering the entire area often becomes difficult. This brings issues inevitably and the surveying problem may go to a greater extent especially if the pipeline passes through privately owned lands. Therefore, you need to inform the property owner to establish easement in the project while giving you the right to access the pipeline. When it comes to pipeline surveying make sure you hire a professional team of surveyors in Sheridan.
The planning of pipeline
The shortest route for surveying is not always possible as physical obstacles arise with environmental limitations. To mitigate the over-expensive oversights surveys must be done with the help of qualified topographic engineers who have knowledge on geography, boundary, environment and in-depth data. This is useful in determining:
• Corridor selection
• Route survey
• Foreign pipeline investigation
Selecting an appropriate route
Surveying the pipeline helps in determining the final or preferred route. It highlights the map and constraints the route corridor. Negotiations can then begin construction limitations and potential impacts addressed, schedules made, construction method(s) determined and a traffic management plan prepared. The survey should involve the following:
• A detailed survey of the route and the pipeline’s construction environment.
• Access roads, construction camps, staging, facility, cathodic protection, and mainline valve sites should be surveyed at this stage.
• Pipeline corridor design and above-ground facilities locations should be completed in the field.
• Surveyors should contact appropriate authorities/third parties to obtain information about unknown development or encroachment along the route, underground obstructions, as well as other pipelines, services, and structures that may be in the way. Surveyors should also meet with landowners and land agents along the proposed route.
• Land and environmental corridor surveys should be wide enough to cover sufficient width and depth around the provisional route and have sufficient accuracy to identify all features that could adversely influence installation and operation of the pipeline.
• The selected route should be recorded on appropriately-scaled alignment sheets that include significant point coordinates and contour lines.
P.O. Box 6106
Sheridan, WY 82801
Contact Us: 307-752-0109
Service Articles1. 3 Best Types Of Breathtaking Photography In Ireland
2. Problems Caused By Not Hiring Aprofessional Mold Removal Company In Toronto
Author: Luis Cleanfirst
3. Corporate Events Provider In Bangalore-sri Mayyia Caterers
4. Ground Spur & Helical Gears Shops In Bangalore -anil Anc&gears
5. How To: Toshiba Laptop Virus Removal | Computer Troubleshooters
Author: Toshiba Support
6. Billing Software-wondersmind
7. Conduct Warehouse Inventories With Warehouse Mobile Application:
Author: brilliant info
8. Haloteck E-commerce Solutions
9. Domestic, International Courier & Shipping Services - Uds India
10. Upvc Doors And Windows Manufacturers | Upvc Doors And Windows Suppliers
11. 5 Axis Machining In India
Author: Prasad Ugle
12. Individual Therapy Den Haag Connects You With Your Innate Wisdom!
Author: Angelika Matthias
13. How To Maintain Shine And Softness Of Your Clothes
Author: Hudson Moffitt
14. Sevenmonies Managed Service Provider
15. Electronics Import By India To Touch $300 Billion In 3 Years
Author: Rajesh Kumar