ALL >> Education >> View Article
All You Need To Know About Fashion Management
Total Articles: 179
"Fashion is a billion-dollar industry. However, it takes more than avant-garde clothes and chic models in making fashion a hit. Fashion management plays a major role in making this profession a success. Apart from traditional management duties and keeping the employees happy, fashion managers must ensure the daily operations are in coordination, work simultaneously with production and manufacturers.
To simplify, fashion management is how well one can multi-task and overlook the business not just in terms of quality but quantity as well. These are the people who possess tactical as well as entrepreneurial knowledge.
Some schools in India offer specialised fashion management courses :
Indian Institute of Fashion Technology, Bengaluru: IIFT is a leading fashion designing institute in Bengaluru that offers finest courses to the student. They cover all aspects of fashion: from designing to conceptualising to merchandising to management. IIFT’s master of fashion management course is in collaboration with Karnataka State Women’s University. The course is designed to help students develop advanced knowledge in management and economics. The 2-year graduation program is divided into four semesters.
National Institute of Fashion Technology (PAN India): NIFT has always set a benchmark for producing quality fashion professionals through their design, management and technology courses. Having total 16 networks across India, NIFT provides Masters of Fashion Management (M.F.M) under their postgraduate courses. This 2-year program started in 1987. Students undergo in-depth education in management, marketing, merchandising, retailing, forecasting, international marketing, international trade practices and project formulation.
Indian School of Design and Innovation, Mumbai: ISDI’s fashion business management postgraduate course places aspirants at the intersection of fashion, business and design. Here the students have access to latest technology, mentors, resources and nurturing environment. The heart of ISDIs program relies on a blend of creativity and business acumen. ISDI believes in the approach DICE (Design, Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship). This presents the fashion industry with 21st-century fashion designers. Their 2-year package is divided into three terms. The area of focuses are:
- Socio-cultural fashion contexts
- Fashion digital design
- Design concepts and construction
- Fashion textile design
- Fashion business and systems thinking
- Historical fashion contexts
- Fashion industry sustainability
- Fashion entrepreneurship and professional practice
- Omni channel retail
Vogue Fashion Institute, Bengaluru: Yet another fashion institute in Bengaluru has a 2-year master’s degree in fashion management. The 4-semester curriculum is effectively designed to combine the management concepts related to the fashion industry that includes business modules like design, production, marketing and merchandising.
Youngsters receive opportunities to work on industry related projects, fashion events, visit leading branded stores, design studios and merchandising units.
Author Bio:- Ritwik Kapoor is a lecturer in one of the top designing school in India. Through this write-up, he informs the readers about everything they need to know about fashion management. Being a lecturer, he is also a passionate blogger who keeps individuals updated on new designing courses. His other passion includes travelling and reading.
Education Articles1. Guide For Final Year Engineering Student
Author: Ravi Gupta
2. Node Js Learning Institute In Delhi
Author: Dixit Mishra
3. Accredited And Recognized Management Institute
4. The Most Effective Method To Turn Students Into Responsible Digital Leaders
Author: Manish Ranjan
5. 4 Hidden Features In Java 9
6. Job Interview Tips: Interview Style Tips For Men And Women
7. Extremely Useful Php Tools
8. Guide To Select The Right It Training Institute For Career
Author: Smita Patel
9. What Are The Advantages Of Enrolling In A Hr Management Courses
10. Why Should Your Child Attend A Preschool In Albuquerque?
Author: Shirley Padilla
11. Java Gets Free Intellij Idea Licenses
12. How Devops Certification Is Important For Your Career
13. How Important It Is For Everyone To Enrol Into A Pte Institute
Author: Mia Seal
14. Why Should You Send Your Kid To The Child Care In Erskine Park?
Author: Katherine Harris
15. Buying Dashboard Cam Guide
Author: toni allen