ALL >> Education >> View Article
The Rise Of Fashion Design Institutes In Mumbai And The Courses They Offer
Total Articles: 167
"For years, fashion has been used as a medium by celebrities to create impactful statements. Fashion not just plays around with styles but also immerses itself in trends, colours and fabrics. Dating back to the nineteenth century, Charles Fedrick Worth had set up his own design studio in the mecca of fashion, Paris. He advised the customers how and what to wear.
In Mumbai, the trend is slowly and steadily catching up. When fashion design industry entered the Mumbai market, aspiring students had few colleges to choose from. With the rise in a number of individuals opting for the profession, there are several government and private institutes available in Mumbai.
Where can one find best fashion designing courses in Mumbai ?
National Institute of Fashion Technology, Navi Mumbai: Spread over 10 acres of area, NIFT was established in 1995. The aspirants are presented with top-class infrastructure, highly equipped labs and machine rooms. The girls and boys are also offered hostel facilities. NIFT has numerous undergraduate courses and postgraduate programs in place. Apart from them, NIFT also has continuing education programmes that last for 1 or 6 months.
- B.Des in fashion design
- B.Des in accessory design
- B.Des in textile design
- B.Des in knitwear design
- B.Des in fashion communication
- B.Ftech in apparel production
- Master of Design (M.Des)
- Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M)
Indian School of Design and Innovation, Mumbai: ISDI gives students the best fashion designing experience of their life. Here the budding designers receive the opportunity to be in the thick of Mumbai’s top fashion events like Lakme Fashion Week (LFW), India’s Top Model and Sketch to Store. They also have fashion design and fashion communication courses in place.
Their fashion design course is panned out for four years, divided into eight semesters. Under the 4-year fashion design communication, applicants can gain expert skills. They get a break to work with renowned designers like Bandana Tewari, Narendra Kumar and Shivan & Narresh. ISDI’s courses focus on:
- Fashion journalism
- Fashion illustration
- Social media and e-commerce
- Fashion trends and forecasting
- Fashion show production
- Fashion photography
Rachana Sansad, Mumbai: One of the oldest art institute in Mumbai, Rachana Sansad has diploma and fashion certificate programs for the go-getting designers. Their diploma in fashion and textile course is for three years (part-time), and the certificate course in fashion design spans for 11 months."
Author Bio:- Ritwik Kapoor is a lecturer in one of the top designing school in India. Through this write-up, he informs the readers about fashion designing courses in Mumbai. Being a lecturer, he is also a passionate blogger who keeps individuals updated on new designing courses. His other passion includes travelling and reading.
Education Articles1. What Qualifications Are Important To Get Into The Nda Exam?
2. For Studying A Digital Marketing Course Or Join A Company As A Digital Marketing Trainee?
3. Looking For Day Care Near Manchester?
Author: Nichola Moss
4. Why Ux Is Not 100% Ui
5. Best Digital Marketing Course In Delhi| Top Digital Marketing Institute In Delhi
Author: Gaurav Dubey
6. Led Lcd Tv Repairing Course In Delhi
Author: Mr. A
7. How You Should Analyse Your Mock Tests
Author: Kishor Rathod
8. Things To Keep In Mind For Ssc Cgl Descriptive Test 2018
Author: Tina sharma
9. The Best Among Ux And Ui Design
Author: Career LiftUp
10. 10 Non-traditional Nursing Jobs You Can Opt For
Author: John Noels
11. Advantages Of Child Care Centres In Eastern Creek
Author: Katherine Harris
12. Salesforce Career Path Made Simple
Author: Riley Louis
13. All About Managing Successful Program (msp) Training & Certification
Author: Olushola Ogunseitan
14. C Program
Author: karpagam s
15. How I Passed My Comptia Security+ Sy0-501 Exam In The First Attempt?
Author: Angela George