ALL >> Education >> View Article
The Rise Of Fashion Design Institutes In Mumbai And The Courses They Offer
Total Articles: 179
"For years, fashion has been used as a medium by celebrities to create impactful statements. Fashion not just plays around with styles but also immerses itself in trends, colours and fabrics. Dating back to the nineteenth century, Charles Fedrick Worth had set up his own design studio in the mecca of fashion, Paris. He advised the customers how and what to wear.
In Mumbai, the trend is slowly and steadily catching up. When fashion design industry entered the Mumbai market, aspiring students had few colleges to choose from. With the rise in a number of individuals opting for the profession, there are several government and private institutes available in Mumbai.
Where can one find best fashion designing courses in Mumbai ?
National Institute of Fashion Technology, Navi Mumbai: Spread over 10 acres of area, NIFT was established in 1995. The aspirants are presented with top-class infrastructure, highly equipped labs and machine rooms. The girls and boys are also offered hostel facilities. NIFT has numerous undergraduate courses and postgraduate programs in place. Apart from them, NIFT also has continuing education programmes that last for 1 or 6 months.
- B.Des in fashion design
- B.Des in accessory design
- B.Des in textile design
- B.Des in knitwear design
- B.Des in fashion communication
- B.Ftech in apparel production
- Master of Design (M.Des)
- Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M)
Indian School of Design and Innovation, Mumbai: ISDI gives students the best fashion designing experience of their life. Here the budding designers receive the opportunity to be in the thick of Mumbai’s top fashion events like Lakme Fashion Week (LFW), India’s Top Model and Sketch to Store. They also have fashion design and fashion communication courses in place.
Their fashion design course is panned out for four years, divided into eight semesters. Under the 4-year fashion design communication, applicants can gain expert skills. They get a break to work with renowned designers like Bandana Tewari, Narendra Kumar and Shivan & Narresh. ISDI’s courses focus on:
- Fashion journalism
- Fashion illustration
- Social media and e-commerce
- Fashion trends and forecasting
- Fashion show production
- Fashion photography
Rachana Sansad, Mumbai: One of the oldest art institute in Mumbai, Rachana Sansad has diploma and fashion certificate programs for the go-getting designers. Their diploma in fashion and textile course is for three years (part-time), and the certificate course in fashion design spans for 11 months."
Author Bio:- Ritwik Kapoor is a lecturer in one of the top designing school in India. Through this write-up, he informs the readers about fashion designing courses in Mumbai. Being a lecturer, he is also a passionate blogger who keeps individuals updated on new designing courses. His other passion includes travelling and reading.
Education Articles1. Guide For Final Year Engineering Student
Author: Ravi Gupta
2. Node Js Learning Institute In Delhi
Author: Dixit Mishra
3. Accredited And Recognized Management Institute
4. The Most Effective Method To Turn Students Into Responsible Digital Leaders
Author: Manish Ranjan
5. 4 Hidden Features In Java 9
6. Job Interview Tips: Interview Style Tips For Men And Women
7. Extremely Useful Php Tools
8. Guide To Select The Right It Training Institute For Career
Author: Smita Patel
9. What Are The Advantages Of Enrolling In A Hr Management Courses
10. Why Should Your Child Attend A Preschool In Albuquerque?
Author: Shirley Padilla
11. Java Gets Free Intellij Idea Licenses
12. How Devops Certification Is Important For Your Career
13. How Important It Is For Everyone To Enrol Into A Pte Institute
Author: Mia Seal
14. Why Should You Send Your Kid To The Child Care In Erskine Park?
Author: Katherine Harris
15. Buying Dashboard Cam Guide
Author: toni allen