ALL >> Education >> View Article
Understanding Product Design And Related Courses In India
Total Articles: 179
"Designs touch our lives in profound ways. Today, doodling has become more of a stress buster. However, designs are not just restricted to doodling or creating impactful banners. With the rise in digitalisation, there is demand for product designers. In fact, product design is a growing concept in India. To become a successful product designer, one needs to think out of the box, understand consumer trends and have a strong design thinking.
Where can one find suitable product design courses in India ?
Indian School of Design and Innovation, Mumbai: ISDI believes in three principles: creativity, innovation and sustainability. ISDI delivers the same through their 4-year intensive product design program that is divided into eight semesters. At the end of the undergraduate course , designers will receive the opportunity to work with either Falguni & Shane Peacock or Shoppers Stop, House of Napius or Indelust or Herringbone & Sui. The course focuses on:
- Research, design and development
- Models, mockups and prototypes
- Process drawing and digital presentation
- Computer-aided product design
- Design methodology, systems thinking
- Design concepts and applications
- Liberal arts
- Portfolio, publication and dynamic media
The criteria include:
- Candidates who have passed X and XII from any board with interest in design and innovation
- Upper age limit is 21 years
Pearl Academy, Mumbai: Pearl Academy also gives 4-year course to ambitious designers that are segregated into foundation diploma, basic diploma, advanced diploma and professional diploma. The basic qualifications needed are:
- Passing of XII from any recognised board
- NATA 2017 scores are accepted
Learnings from the course?
- Exploring new materials
- Understanding of wide variety of production processes
- Holistically examine systems and ecologies
- Manage business imperatives like research, conceptualising and executing
MIT Institute of Design, Pune: MIT helps the learners to understand various processes, systems and approaches for creating tangible products. MITID’s product design course is unique as it carters to undergraduates as well as postgraduates.
While undergraduate program comprises of eight semesters, their post-graduation courses are divided into four. The graduates are open to further explore opportunities in the market. How?
- Can build a career with organisations dealing with consumer durables, consumer electronics, automotive and personal products
- They can also land themselves jobs with organisations involved in infrastructure and basic amenities
- Design studios or small to medium enterprises or engineers from different universities can also join hands with MITID’s designers."
Author Bio:-Ritwik Kapoor is a lecturer in one of the top designing school in India. Through this write-up, he informs the readers about everything they need to know about product design courses in India before enrolling themselves into one. Being a lecturer, he is also a passionate blogger who keeps individuals updated on new designing courses. His other passion includes travelling and reading.
Education Articles1. Guide For Final Year Engineering Student
Author: Ravi Gupta
2. Node Js Learning Institute In Delhi
Author: Dixit Mishra
3. Accredited And Recognized Management Institute
4. The Most Effective Method To Turn Students Into Responsible Digital Leaders
Author: Manish Ranjan
5. 4 Hidden Features In Java 9
6. Job Interview Tips: Interview Style Tips For Men And Women
7. Extremely Useful Php Tools
8. Guide To Select The Right It Training Institute For Career
Author: Smita Patel
9. What Are The Advantages Of Enrolling In A Hr Management Courses
10. Why Should Your Child Attend A Preschool In Albuquerque?
Author: Shirley Padilla
11. Java Gets Free Intellij Idea Licenses
12. How Devops Certification Is Important For Your Career
13. How Important It Is For Everyone To Enrol Into A Pte Institute
Author: Mia Seal
14. Why Should You Send Your Kid To The Child Care In Erskine Park?
Author: Katherine Harris
15. Buying Dashboard Cam Guide
Author: toni allen