ALL >> Education >> View Article
Understanding Product Design And Related Courses In India
Total Articles: 167
"Designs touch our lives in profound ways. Today, doodling has become more of a stress buster. However, designs are not just restricted to doodling or creating impactful banners. With the rise in digitalisation, there is demand for product designers. In fact, product design is a growing concept in India. To become a successful product designer, one needs to think out of the box, understand consumer trends and have a strong design thinking.
Where can one find suitable product design courses in India ?
Indian School of Design and Innovation, Mumbai: ISDI believes in three principles: creativity, innovation and sustainability. ISDI delivers the same through their 4-year intensive product design program that is divided into eight semesters. At the end of the undergraduate course , designers will receive the opportunity to work with either Falguni & Shane Peacock or Shoppers Stop, House of Napius or Indelust or Herringbone & Sui. The course focuses on:
- Research, design and development
- Models, mockups and prototypes
- Process drawing and digital presentation
- Computer-aided product design
- Design methodology, systems thinking
- Design concepts and applications
- Liberal arts
- Portfolio, publication and dynamic media
The criteria include:
- Candidates who have passed X and XII from any board with interest in design and innovation
- Upper age limit is 21 years
Pearl Academy, Mumbai: Pearl Academy also gives 4-year course to ambitious designers that are segregated into foundation diploma, basic diploma, advanced diploma and professional diploma. The basic qualifications needed are:
- Passing of XII from any recognised board
- NATA 2017 scores are accepted
Learnings from the course?
- Exploring new materials
- Understanding of wide variety of production processes
- Holistically examine systems and ecologies
- Manage business imperatives like research, conceptualising and executing
MIT Institute of Design, Pune: MIT helps the learners to understand various processes, systems and approaches for creating tangible products. MITID’s product design course is unique as it carters to undergraduates as well as postgraduates.
While undergraduate program comprises of eight semesters, their post-graduation courses are divided into four. The graduates are open to further explore opportunities in the market. How?
- Can build a career with organisations dealing with consumer durables, consumer electronics, automotive and personal products
- They can also land themselves jobs with organisations involved in infrastructure and basic amenities
- Design studios or small to medium enterprises or engineers from different universities can also join hands with MITID’s designers."
Author Bio:-Ritwik Kapoor is a lecturer in one of the top designing school in India. Through this write-up, he informs the readers about everything they need to know about product design courses in India before enrolling themselves into one. Being a lecturer, he is also a passionate blogger who keeps individuals updated on new designing courses. His other passion includes travelling and reading.
Education Articles1. What Qualifications Are Important To Get Into The Nda Exam?
2. For Studying A Digital Marketing Course Or Join A Company As A Digital Marketing Trainee?
3. Looking For Day Care Near Manchester?
Author: Nichola Moss
4. Why Ux Is Not 100% Ui
5. Best Digital Marketing Course In Delhi| Top Digital Marketing Institute In Delhi
Author: Gaurav Dubey
6. Led Lcd Tv Repairing Course In Delhi
Author: Mr. A
7. How You Should Analyse Your Mock Tests
Author: Kishor Rathod
8. Things To Keep In Mind For Ssc Cgl Descriptive Test 2018
Author: Tina sharma
9. The Best Among Ux And Ui Design
Author: Career LiftUp
10. 10 Non-traditional Nursing Jobs You Can Opt For
Author: John Noels
11. Advantages Of Child Care Centres In Eastern Creek
Author: Katherine Harris
12. Salesforce Career Path Made Simple
Author: Riley Louis
13. All About Managing Successful Program (msp) Training & Certification
Author: Olushola Ogunseitan
14. C Program
Author: karpagam s
15. How I Passed My Comptia Security+ Sy0-501 Exam In The First Attempt?
Author: Angela George