ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Advantages Of Owning An Electric Moped Scooter
Total Articles: 12
Also called as electric scooters, electric mopeds in the UK have become popular choices of people living in the cities. They are great alternatives to cars and gas motor scooters because they are smaller and friendly to the environment. Aside from these common advantages, electric mopeds today offer more benefits.
As the name implies, electric mopeds are battery powered. But compared to the first models of electric moped scooters, modern models have smaller and cheaper batteries and are therefore much lighter than they used to be. Some of the lightest models today weigh only 75 kg in net weight. This means that they are easier to control or manoeuvre around crowded areas or traffic jams.
Of course, the price depends on the model and added features you want for your electric moped. But purchasing and maintaining electric mopeds in the UK is generally cheap. Prices range from £1,000 to £2000. Premium models only cost as much £3,000 at most. What's more, you don't have to register your electric moped or pay for any tax.
• Maintenance Free
Aside from not paying for gas, you also don't have to spend money on maintenance unless you are replacing old batteries. If you choose a model that runs in lead-acid and lithium battery, then it is maintenance free.
• Reasonable speed
Electric mopeds in the UK have a speed restriction of up to 30mph although they can go as fast as much as 45mph. For everyday city driving, the speed is reasonable. You can safely arrive at your destination faster while avoiding heavy traffic.
So how do you choose a good model of electric moped scooter? Look beyond the aesthetic appeal. What's the use of a fancy-looking moped if it is not durable? For your safety and comfort, choose a model that has front and rear drum brakes and a 1170 mm wheelbase. Also, opt for an electric moped scooter that can accommodate up to 100 kilograms of weight. Once you’ve checked all these specifications, the next thing to consider is appearance. You can choose from a wide range of electric moped styles from reliable manufacturers by purchasing from online retailers where it’s easier to see more models and compare them.
This article is written by Amit Parmar, the sales manager at The Electric Motor Shop. The Electric Motor Shop is amongst the leading online stores that provide quality electric vehicles online. The electric vehicles provided at their store includes electric bike, electric car, electric moped and many more. These products are provided at their store at the most affordable rates.
Automobiles Articles1. Armstrong - Best Quality Tyres Uk
Author: Estella Philips
2. Mazda Dealers Perth Report: Top After Sales Service Satisfaction Performance
Author: Adam Butler
3. How To Know Tips In Choosing An Auto Repair Shop?
Author: Mark Josesh
4. The Best Platform For Buying Bike Accessories Online
5. Choose An Efficient Driving Instructor And Hit The Busy Road
Author: Oliver Sanan
6. Tips To Get A Good Driving Instructor
Author: Oliver Sanan
7. The Best Nissan Dealer In Nj - Nissan Jersey
Author: Bridgewater Nissan
8. Why To Choose Reputed Office Cleaning Services To Take Care Of Your Office In Melbourne?
Author: Sumudu Chaminda Udawatta
9. What Should You Settle On? Modified Vehicles Or Factory Made Beast
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Things You Need To Know Before Choosing Your Driving School
Author: Nate Mcgahey
11. When Should You Consider Repairing Or Replacing A Damaged Windscreen?
Author: Anna Lampasona
12. All-new Hyundai Satro Spotted Ahead Of Its Unveil
Author: Amit Vats
13. Why There’s A Movement Happening To Own A 49cc Motorized Bicycle!
Author: Kyle Craw
14. Used Cars Butler Nj For The Best Price – Precision Jeep
Author: Precision Jeep
15. Benefit From Professional Cdl Training
Author: Gabriel Fulton