ALL >> Home-Based-Business >> View Article
7 Ideas To Repurpose Old Furniture At Home
Total Articles: 3
Find the thought of discarding old furniture painful because of the sentiments and the memories attached? The solution is simple! Revamp the out-dated pieces with a little creativity to transform them into something chic and eye-catching! We have listed seven wonderful ideas to give old furniture a completely new look, purpose and appeal.
1.Old Crates as Floating Shelves:
Wooden crates perceived as useless are often thrown out. They are in fact extremely versatile and can spruce up any room. A wee bit of sanding followed by a coat of primer and fresh varnish can turn crates into floating wall shelves for holding books or exhibit collectables.
2. Bench from two discarded Chairs:
Have two identical chairs from an old dining room set lying around? Why not convert them into a beautiful outdoor bench for your portico. Dismantle the front rungs of the chairs and clamp elongated planks to form the seat of the bench. You can retain the rustic appeal or use spray paint for a modern twist.
3. Old door as a Headboard:
The old 5-panel solid wood door languishing away in the storeroom can be refashioned to adorn your master bedroom. Sand the rough areas and add a little decorative trim to the frame. Brush a few coats of paint or apply a natural furniture polish for a lovely finish. Tip the door sideways, and you have the perfect headboard for your bed.
4. Rework the Hardware:
A forlorn wooden cabinet with drawers can be revived into a dresser with a little updating. Just rework the hardware, change the rusty handles and apply a fresh coat of varnish to enhance the lovely grain pattern of the wood. And voila! you have an accent piece to add a lovely vintage charm to your bedroom.
5. Chair into Fun Swing:
Imagine converting an old wooden dining chair with broken legs into a stunning, fun swing for your balcony. Yes, it’s possible and oh so simple! All you need is a sturdy rope to attach the chair to the ceiling. And yes, don’t forget to add a vibrant cushion for a splash of colour!
6. Enliven a Boring Bookcase:
A little re-designing can revive a shabby vertical bookcase into a spectacular showpiece. Retain the top three shelves for displaying objects and install a drop-down panel with hinges and a decorative knob to create a storage unit at the bottom. Just sand and prime the scruffs and follow it up with high-gloss paint.
7. Vintage trunk as a Coffee Table:
Don’t get rid of the vintage trunk just because it is displaying signs of wear and tear. Little carpentry repairs to the wooden panels, plus some sanding and a coat of dark paint can turn the dreary old piece into a chic coffee table. What’s more? it can also be used to stow away clutter.
So the next time you see old or damaged furniture that has become an eyesore, don’t toss it out! Engage the services of a skilled carpenter from a reliable source like Housejoy to give it a quick makeover. Then wait for envious looks and gushing compliments!
Home Based Business Articles1. Remodeling Your Kitchen On A Budget With Mini Makeovers
Author: siddharth Dedhia
2. Hire A Bathroom Remodel Contractor In El Dorado County And Get It Done The Right Way!
Author: The author is a creative writer and this article.
3. Top Real Estate Companies In Calgary
Author: Joe Badin
4. Best Carpet Cleaner For Pets
Author: Alam Hasu
5. Some Hygiene Tips To Keep Your Kitchen Scrupulously Clean
Author: Michael Brightmore
6. Best Maternity Photoshoot & Photography Ideas Images
Author: Weddings Photo
7. Best Living Rооm Dесоrаtiоn And Design Idеаѕ By Rebel Designs
Author: Harsh Gandhi
8. 5 Reasons Why A Clean Workplace Is Good For Business -professional Cleaning Services In Toronto
Author: Ian Pearson
9. Important Things To Remember While Building A Backyard Deck
Author: Liam Well
10. Opt For The Ultimate Window Cleaning Services San Francisco
Author: Greenforce Windowpro
11. Be Familiar With The Common Air Conditioner Problems!
Author: An air conditioner keeps your room cooler by drawi
12. How To Bring Best Out Of Your Feature Wall?
Author: David Smith
13. The Reasons For Having Best Apartment Cleaning Services In Clermont Fl
Author: Rudy Szanto
14. Hire Qualified Contractor That Formulate Water Damage Restoration Effectively As Per Standards
Author: Dominick Manieri
15. Long Term Rentals In Marbella
Author: Long Term Rentals Marbella