ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Islington Associates: Travel Facts For Zurich Travelers
Total Articles: 3
There are plenty of reasons why travelers have to visit Switzerland. For adventure seekers, it should be one of the countries in your travel bucket list.
Get to experience astonishing and breathtaking views. Get to taste a great selection of cheese and indulge your sweet tooth with some Swiss chocolate products. Don’t forget to see the Alps up close. You don’t have to hesitate. You can start packing your bags and take that excitement to Zurich.
Take a trip to a happy land
Switzerland is one of the best places in the world to live and be happy. This is according to the consistently high rankings in global reports as the world’s happiest country in 2015. It went down to the second rank after Denmark in 2016. The Mercer’s Quality of Living Report ranked the capital Zurich as the second-best city to live in 2016.
Coffee in Zurich may be one of the most expensive in the world as it cost about 4 US dollars. However, even if the coffee is costly, it will surely be an experience for your taste buds. The instant coffee of the famous Nestlé Company began in the country. The Swiss businessman Henri Nestlé created Nescafe in 1938.
Travelers who also love to go on hiking should be delighted include the mountains in the country. The highest mountain is the Monte Rosa (Dufoursptiz) at 4,634 meters which is located at the Swiss/Italian border. There are 208 mountains that can be climbed by hikers. Some are over 3,000 meters high but 24 of them are over 4,000 meters. The country is an ideal country for those who like to do high-intensity training.
Good weather, good people
The climate in Switzerland is usually cold and snowy, especially during the winter time. Most high-altitude places generally have freezing temperatures with large snowfalls. The Alps acts as a climate barrier.
The northern part of the country tends to get colder due to the Atlantic winds, while the southern part has a milder climate from the Mediterranean winds. Tourists can enjoy the cold weather and select from many Swiss ski resorts. Summer is also another season that is being enjoyed in the country. During the hot summer, the temperature can reach high from 30 to 35 degrees Celsius in some areas.
Switzerland is one of the nations with the lowest crime rates even if they have liberal Swiss gun laws. In 2015, around 40 per year murders per 100,000 people in the country have been recorded. It is generally lower compared to the gun murders recorded in the United States. There are many positive reviews in the country which makes it an ideal place to visit.
Travel Articles1. Numerous Benefits Of Hiring Dfw Airport Taxi Or Shuttle Service In Texas!
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Guided Tours To The Magical Hobbiton From Tauranga
Author: Roger Simister
3. How To Enjoy Great Facilities With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
4. Stylish Rides And Low Prices With Limousine Washington Dc
Author: Stylish rides and low prices with Limousine Washin
5. Plan Your Vacation To Luton Airport- Hire Great Britain Cars
Author: jack pero
6. Rajasthan’s Top Tourist Attractions To Visit In Summer Season
Author: Swati Jain
7. Travel The Unforgettable Experience Of Africa’s Amazing Botswana And Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Author: Ombeni African Safari
8. Top Places That Compel A Solo Explorer To Travel In India
Author: Aura Voyages
9. Latin America Tourism Is Booming And Tour Operator Offers The Best Advice To Get The Most Of It!
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Book Your Hoi An Hotel From Us
Author: Ms. Emma Tran
11. Enjoy A Variety Of Benefits With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. 4 Things That You Can Only Buy In Turkey
13. Get Married In San Antonio With A Wedding Party Bus San Antonio
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
14. 3 Quirkiest Bars In Melbourne That Are Straight Out Of Your Dreams
15. Wedding Guest Transportation In Phoenix Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus