ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
False Website Downtime Alerts Are More Than A Nuisance
Total Articles: 180
There are many advantages offered by using website monitoring service. One of the big advantages of a monitoring solution is that it helps in freeing up time of key people from regularly monitoring the status of the website manually. This time could be used by key people to perform higher value addition assignments. Not only that a good automated site monitoring service can do the job with better consistency and tirelessly 24/7 and 365 days of the year. That is something that human beings cannot match.
Many Issues with False Alerts from Website Monitoring Services
Despite its many advantages, there is one area that is problematic with site monitoring solutions. Poorly designed, programmed with inferior infrastructure send false website downtime alerts. There are many issues with false website downtime alerts sent to key personnel or online business owners.
• They cause website administrators to become lax about downtime alerts
• False alerts distract key people from other important work
• False alerts cause unnecessary anxiety.
• Creates a bad impression of the service provider
• Wastes human capital that is in short supply in good growing businesses
The issue with false alerts is significant and it cannot be ignored by any good business that is serious about the performance of their website.
Website Monitoring Should Avoid False Alerts
The benefit of the Website monitoring is that you get to know when your site is down. Due to the importance of downtime, you will stop doing other activities to attend to downtime. This disruption from other important work becomes a nuisance if false alerts are received. Superior website monitoring tools avoid false alerting by verifying first if multiple locations are reporting the problem. Reducing false alerts is a big benefit to you, but the provider needs to have a sophisticated and better solution to deliver this benefit. So evaluate the providers properly and choose a good solution that will avoid false alerts but warns you when any of the features of your site is actually not performing as expected.
The danger of using a low quality website monitoring tool, especially those that are free is that you could get a lot of false alerts. Responding to an alert requires you to stop doing an activity mid-way and look at the website issue immediately. Over a period of time, when you repeatedly get false alerts, you may start ignoring alerts as the previous warnings were false. However, such behavior becomes problematic when your site genuinely experiences downtime. At such times, you create a bad user and brand experience for your visitors for an extended period of time. Considering the importance of downtime to ensure the financial and marketing outcomes for your business, it is a no brainer to choose a high quality website monitoring provider.
Importance of Choosing a Good Website Monitoring Service
Many of the false alerts in website monitoring services are because of inferior functionality and infrastructure. This is many times caused by free providers who have no incentive to either increase the quality of their service or quality of the infrastructure. As the saying goes, you get what you paid for.
Paid services are far more serious about delivering superior outcome with comprehensive, well thought out solutions and use better infrastructure. All these efforts help in significantly in reducing false alerts.
Alertra is a leading provider of website monitoring and alerting services. We monitor the availability and performance of Internet-connected devices. As part of our website monitoring service, we provide timely alert notifications and access to detailed reporting. We offer monitoring service to all sizes of businesses right from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Visit us at https://www.alertra.com for detailed information on our web monitoring services.
Web Hosting Articles1. Top 5 Reasons Why Choose C# Development Services?
Author: Techno Softwares
2. Orpov Technologies
3. Web Hosting: A Guide For Beginners
Author: Gary Martin
4. Demand Of Ssl Certificates In Today Era
Author: Gaurav Maniar
5. Register Your Domain Name In Dubai ?
6. Get Top Web Hosting Co. In Dubai ?
7. Few Reasons Why Https Should Be Enabled On Your Website?
8. How Cheap Vps Hosting Services In India Are Benefitting The Small Businesses?
9. Business Validation Ssl: Make Your Organization’s Presence Felt
Author: Gaurav Maniar
10. Risks Involved If Ssl Certificate Is Not Installed On Your Website
Author: Jitendra Raulo
11. Understanding Ssl Certificate Authentication
Author: Gaurav Maniar
12. 4 Simple Reasons Why You Should Use Wordpress For Your Site
Author: Andrew Stevenson
13. Website Monitoring - Additional Features Provided By Good Service Providers
14. Using Web Monitoring Service To Track Downtime And Improve Site Speed
15. Why You Should Use Real User Monitoring