ALL >> Health >> View Article
All You Need To Know About Shirodhara
Total Articles: 1
Shirodhara massage is a classic Ayurvedic therapy in which a continuous stream of warm medicinal oil is poured on the forehead. This ayurvedic therapy is very effective in reducing stress and promoting sound sleep. Shirodhara is one of the treatments among the Bahiparimarjana chikitsa. The word Shirodhara is made up of two words ‘Shira’ which means head and ‘Dhara’ which means stream. This ayurvedic treatment has a very profound impact on the nervous system due to which it immediately calms, relaxes and has a cleansing effect on the mind and nerves. Shirodhara relaxes mind by reducing the level of stress hormones such as Adrenaline and Noradrenaline.
According to the ayurveda Shirodhara is beneficial for vata and pitta dosha. The application of the medicinal oil on the forehead, scalp and head soothes, nourishes and pacifies the dosha which cause anger, sadness and frustration.
There are three types of Shirodhara treatment:
Sneha Dhara- Herbal oil or medicated ghee is used for the treatment
Ksheer Dhara- Medicated milk infused with herbes is poured on the forehead from a specific height for a specific time.
Takra Dhara- Butter-milk infused with suitable medicated herbs is used in this treatment.
There are many benefits of Shirodhara some of them are mentioned below:
It can relax mind and body. The medicated oils remove harmful toxins accumulated in the body and help to relax body and mind.
The oil which is poured on the head flows to all the area of the body and makes people fitter and more active. It assist in increasing energy.
The nutrients from the oil freely flow to the brain, which assists in healing the body from deep within.
It treats Insomnia as the medicated oils stabilize the nervous system.
It is an effective treatment for hair loss. Regular use of oils can make hair follicles strong and may encourage the growth of new hair.
Shriya Ayu Clinic is one of the best Shirodhara Ayurvedic Treatment specialist in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important