ALL >> General >> View Article
5 Effective Methods To View Security Cameras Over The Internet
Total Articles: 89
As we know, security systems are offering some new security devices with modern technology. With the help of the advanced technology, users can record security camera footage to a digital video recorder. Before that, people used the simple tape and viewed the footage via the Internet. You will get some networking knowledge to set up the DVR to be viewable online here. This is a useful and secure system security device. To do this, you need to know your router’s external internet protocol address for your router and the DVR attached to the router.
SOME METHODS TO VIEW SECURITY CAMERAS OVER THE INTERNET:
Open your network router with the help of a Cat-5 network cable then connect your security camera with it.
Then, DVR to your network router by using a Cat-5 network cable.
Log in to your router’s configuration utility.
Then enter the local IP address of your router in a Web browser’s address bar such as- “http://192.168.1.1.”
You can check your router address with your router manufacturer.
Enter your password for your router and then press the “Enter” button.
Open the Local Area Network settings on your router and create a private or static IP address on your LAN for your security DVR.
It will help you to set up the DVR to access with a specific address and block other devices to being assigned on the same IP address and causing conflicts later.
Please note the subnet mask number –for example- 255.255.255.0.
Forward the ports from the IP address of DVR.
The settings vary from router to router,
But normally you will add a port forward and specify the IP address.
Now enter your IP address which one you assigned to the DVR.
After that, set it to forward port 80.
Please Note- Depending on your DVR you may need to forward more than one port.
If you want, you can repeat this process for all the ports required by your DVR.
Turn on your DVR and the go to the network menu system.
Then move to the setup section for networking and select a static IP address setting.
Type your IP address which one you assigned in the router configuration.
Input the subnet mask number.
Suggestion- The default gateway is the same as the IP address you can use it to sign into the router, and the domain name server is the same as well.
After that, you need to make sure that the ports on the DVR match the ports that you forwarded through the router.
After completing this process, save your settings.
Type an external IP address on your router into a Web browser from outside your LAN.
Here you will get the message to install the ActiveX control for your DVR’s web server.
Then Install the control and then sig into your DVR remotely to view your security cameras over the internet.
Author of this article loves to write on Internet Security and related topics. His motive is to make the computer users more familiar with antivirus software like Webroot Support etc.
Source : https://webroot-support-number.net/blog/5-effective-methods-to-view-security-cameras-over-the-internet/
General Articles1. Why Eye Creams Are Important
2. Preparing For Usa Basketball Tours Understanding The Organisations And Categories
Author: Brett Rainbow
3. Ipad Vs Smartphone Who Will Win The Experience Battle?
Author: Patrik Murphy
4. Avail The Service Of Radius Moving For Best Moving Experience
5. Hermal Mass Flow Meters - Finding A Value In Many Industries
6. A New Example For Cyber Threat Hunting
Author: Bradon Wilson
7. What To Do If Windows Is Unable To Run The Software Protection Service On A Local Computer.
Author: Bradon Wilson
8. The Hidden, Emotional Effects Of Acne
Author: Rahul Sharma
9. Importance Of Prescribed Supplements For Your Healthy Growth
10. How Can I Invest In Cryptocurrency ?
11. Pharmasynth Offers Best Pcd Pharma Franchisee Opportunities For Business Partners
12. Ich Liebe Die Tatsache, Dass Es Zwei Kleider In Einem Geben Kann
13. Celebrate Your Partner’s Birthday By Sending A Stunning Flower Box
Author: Carl Glendon
14. What Happens During A Recession?
15. Important Gold Trading Tips For Beginners