ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
What Wildcard Ssl Certificate Helps You?
Total Articles: 22
If you are with security industry or ecommerce business, you aware that Certificate Provider only allow on domain to install SSL Certificate. In the sense if you buy SSL Certificate for domain name xyz.com you can’t use it for abc.com domain name. Most of website owner have one domain name but what about that have more than one domain name. If website owner had more than one domain for the different types of business or have different domain and sub domain for different purpose?
Here how wildcard certificate helps you.
When you think to buy SSL certificate for each domain name than problems come when you must maintain separately and renew all other problem. But in wildcard SSL Certificate you can install it on main server when your website is hosted. Its secure all your so Wildcard SSL Certificate is good to secure unlimited sub domain as you want.
We should first understand what wildcard means before going any further with wildcard certificates. A wildcard certificate is usually represented by sign asterisk (*). *.example.com is used to represent all sub-domains of example.com: mail.example dot com, user.example dot com, news.example dot com, shop.example dot com etc.
The “Common Name” field in an SSL Certificate indicates the domain in which the certificate is will be used. Wildcard Certificate are basically certificate with wildcards in the Common Name, like *. Big business dot com. If in the future name you choose to get a wildcard certificate, you will be asked supply by common name.
Wildcard SSL Certificate, like other SSL Technology offer standard 128 or 256-bit encryption on your website. This helps keep private information private, as SSL protects data in transit, meaning your online customer will feel safe and secure while submitting any form of online payment, logging in to account with username and password.
Benefits to Wildcard Certificate
The benefit to using wildcard certificates is to slash in costs. Typical SSL Certificate at $150 each may fine for people who need SSL on only for few sub-domains, but what about five domains that’s $750 right. Wildcard certificates costs about $600 and if you run a big website with ten sub domains, you will save about $900. The websites with big companies will need SSL on over 10 sub domains.
Wildcard Certificate are popular for another reason – manageability. It’s a difficult task to purchase, set up, and annually renew a dozen of SSL Certificate. It’s an especially difficult task to the person managing SSL Certificate and error may easily abound. Fixing error may cost you time and with website, downtime cost lot of money. Compare all the hassle to have worry about just one wildcard certificate. Managing one certificate is just simple task. Error can easily have minimized.
Why should you consider a wildcard?
• Save Money over individual certificate purchases
• You only have one certificate to manage instead of many
• Google now rank https pages higher in search result
• Take advantages of this by expanding https to all pages on your sub domain.
About Author: -
The SSL Store™ India is one of the largest SSL Certificates providers now offering SSL/TLS Certificates at ₹ 1/Day with dedicated 24*7 Live Support.
The SSL Store™ India is one of the largest SSL Certificates providers in India now offering SSL/TLS Certificates at ? 80/month with dedicated 24*7 Live Support.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. At&t Unite Pro Vs Mifi Liberate
2. Affordable Adelaide Cabling Solutions Available By Licensed Electrician
Author: Brown Ross
3. Importance Of Iot Security Compliance
4. Has Your Mobile App Passed All Tests Before Launching?
Author: Hvantage Technologies
5. Integration Testing Is An Important Step In Development Process
Author: Hvantage Technologies
6. How To Choose The Best Projectors For Your School
Author: Vivency Global
7. Is Rfid Really The Future Of Event Identification?
Author: Roland Ted
8. The Top Five Things You Need To Know In Hotel Digital Marketing
Author: Deepak Chauhan
9. How Do You Fix An Itunes Sync Error On Wi-fi?
10. The Most Effective Method To Find App Developers With The Perfect Skill Set For Your Project
11. A Virtual Number For Maintaining Your Solitude
Author: muhammad AK
12. 2 Major Types Of Computer Recycling
Author: Kelly Sanchez
13. Machine Learning With Golang
14. How To Cancel Amazon Prime Membership
Author: Aida Martin
15. 6 Major Tools For Android Developers
Author: Daniel Carl