ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Modern Kitchen Ideas: Organising Your Kitchen If Space Is Limited
Total Articles: 19
Limited space in the kitchen doesn't have to mean limited options for organising this important part of your home. Most kitchens rely on cabinets for storage and organising utensils, cooking equipment, kitchen supplies and appliances. In a small kitchen, the number of cabinets available are limited or there could be none at all. Here are some modern kitchen ideas so that there is a place for everything, and everything would be in its place no matter the size of your kitchen.
Ideas for increasing cabinet capacity
With a spark of creativity, you can maximise the use of your existing cabinets with some add-ons that will increase cabinet capacity. Here are some household and office items that you may already have to organise your cabinets and increase their capacity:
Shelf risers - also called stackable shelves, these easily double the usable space inside a cabinet. They're simple to use, inexpensive, and use up very minimal space.
Tension rods - when placed towards the back on the top half of the cabinet, a tension rod serves as instant shelving for small spice bottles, reducing clutter inside.
Stackable containers - by using plastic containers with the same shapes and sizes you can neatly organise everything in the cabinet.
Magazine and file holders - magazine holders placed on their side can hold water bottles or even wine bottles, while file folders are great to store cutting boards, pans, and pan lids.
Hooks - attach these on the inner side of cabinet doors for hanging small utensils such as measuring spoons and vegetable peelers.
Store your stuff with space outside the (cabinet) box
Clever small kitchen ideas spring forth when you think outside the box: utilise the space above, below and on the sides of your cabinets!
The space above your cabinets have better potential than as a place for gathering dust, no matter how small. Use this space to store rarely used items, with smaller ones like tools and batteries placed inside covered containers to keep things neat and tidy.
With hooks, bars, wire baskets and more, cabinet bottoms can be where you hang some mugs, kitchen utensils, dish towels, and other not so heavy stuff.
Installing some hooks and bars work just as well on the sides of cabinets. You can use this additional storage space to hang towels, pots and pans, cutting boards, or with the addition of a big enough wire rack, some cooking books and magazines too.
Small kitchen spaces don't need to be a source of frustration. The possibilities for storing and organising your stuff are endless even when your kitchen is small. With the help of the above kitchen ideas, Perth homeowners or renters can easily and cheaply organise every kitchen item they have.
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden