ALL >> Family >> View Article
Top Tips To Help Seniors Have A Happy Holiday Season
Total Articles: 11
Year after year, the holiday season ushers in cheer, celebration, happiness, sharing, and joy. It is the season to be merry! A wonderful opportunity to spend time with family and loved ones. But, sadly many seniors find this time of year to be hectic, confusing and at times depressing. Make this holiday season special for the entire family by using these tips to add more joy for the senior in your life:
1. Revisit Memories: Seniors love to share happy and light hearted memories. It can also be a wonderful way for them to connect with the younger ones in the family. Indeed stories like “what it was like when they were my age” are interesting to hear. Spend time with your senior loved ones, through stories of their times, to engage and involve them in the celebrations. While holidays are the time to be surrounded by family, in situations where getting together with family is not possible, due to distance or cost, you can still connect with loved ones during the holidays with a click of a button. Modern technologies, such as Skype or FaceTime, allow you to instantly feel closer to your family during the holiday season. Most luxury senior living communities expose residents to the joys of the holidays through events, holiday activities and celebrations in the company of peers in a similar age group which helps to avoid loneliness during the holiday season.
2. Involve Them: Most seniors may have physical restrictions, but that doesn’t mean that they can’t help with the holiday preparations. Include them in simple tasks such as simple decoration and wrapping gifts. This is a great way for them to feel connected and have a sense of purpose. You can also take their experienced suggestions to prepare typical seasonal recipes. Motivate them to participate in neighborhood events and celebrations. Many active senior living communities conduct age specific volunteering events to actively involve its residents and promote a sense of participation.
3. Help Then Create New Memories: Help your loved ones create new holiday memories by encouraging them to participate in community holiday events. Help them send cards to their friends, relatives, grandchildren. Take your loved one to his or her favorite restaurant or revisit an old friend. Take them on a ride of the neighborhood so they can enjoy all the holiday lights and decorations; help them click pictures and preserve the memories. If the seniors in your life stays at a senior living community, rest assured the holidays tend to be the busiest time of the year here. Communities host holiday-themed activities that might include holiday movie nights, group gift-wrapping sessions, shopping trips, holiday light tours in nearby neighborhoods and a slew of holiday entertainment.
4. Monitor Health and Medication: During the hectic holiday season, it can be easy for the aged to forget to take their medications or to become wrapped up in the festivities and mess up with their diet. Make sure they stay on schedule with taking their prescribed medicines and pay attention to how much food and alcohol they consume at parties. Most self-sustained luxury senior living communities, like Antara Dehradun, provide on-site life-care facilities like preventative health check-ups before holidays and on-call doctors and nurses to ensure their residents are always attended to when they need it the most.
The holiday season can get busy, hectic and overwhelming for all of us; but it’s important to remember that it is a time for family and friends to come together and serve each other. It’s a time to be thankful for what you have and to be selfless in giving. Who more than the ageing seniors in our lives need us the most. Spend some time with them to help them have a happy holiday.
Family Articles1. Professional Dog Groomers Are Going To Arrive With The Mobile Grooming Parlour!
Author: Michelle Smith
2. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
3. The Online Project Management Tools Can Help The Project Manager In Successfully Handling The Projec
4. What' Do We Need To Know About Alzheimer's Disease?
Author: kankei Care
5. Common Skin Problems And Newborn Skin Care Tips
6. Take A Break From Your Responsibilities By Availing Respite Care Sunshine Coast Services
7. Why Do Seniors Injure Themselves More As They Age?
Author: David DuPont
8. How Can A Ca Live-in Care Agency Help?
Author: Gabriel Fulton
9. The Home Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Services For The Elders To Lead A Quality Lifestyle
10. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
11. What To Look In A Mail Order Brides Online? More Information For You To Find Out Here!
12. 7 Powerful Ways To Program Love To Children
13. All You Should Know About Making Donations To The Ngos In India
14. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Offer Quality Lifestyle For Your Elders
15. Relationship Therapy Nederland Can Help You Understand Your Loved Ones In A Better Way!
Author: Angelika Matthias