ALL >> Health >> View Article
Impact Of Air Conditioners On Health
Total Articles: 14
Today air conditioners are widely used in houses, offices, restaurants, hospitals, etc. The use of air conditioners is becoming very common. It makes the environment comfortable. But, it has to be taken proper care, otherwise it can be harmful to you and your family’s health. Let’s take a look at the positive and negative impact of air conditioners on your health.
There are many benefits of air conditioners. A pleasant atmosphere is created inside the house regardless how uncomfortable is the temperature outside. Some of the positive impacts are:
• It comforts us during work and leisure time.
• There is an increase in physical activities.
• Insects and parasites present in air are reduced with low temperature.
• As the air conditioner filters air, it improves the quality of indoor air.
• If the temperature is low, there is no sweating, thus there is less chances of getting dehydrated.
• It is helpful for people who have dust allergy.
• Installing best kind of air conditioners will enable the employees to give out best performance.
• Excess heat from outside can cause health problems and effect physical activities.
As there are many befits from ACs, they can also be problematic. Some of the negative impacts are:
• Indoor air humidity is removed by AC. It normally pulls away humidity from indoor and blows cool air which is actually gas. Constant use of AC can make your skin dry and chapped.
• After sitting in air conditioned room for hours, when people move out in hot sun it can be harmful for health. Skin and body is greatly stressed and effected because of this sudden change of climate.
• It can be problematic for people who suffer from sinus as it makes their heads feel heavy.
• There is an increased risk of respiratory disease. AC should be set at high temperature to avoid this problem.
• People often complain about running nose, sore throat, fever, etc. This is mainly because of regular use of AC.
• If filters of AC are not cleaned regularly or any negligence makes poor functioning of AC, it can circulate germs present in the air which can cause asthma and some infections in respiratory tract.
• As the temperature is lower, there is no chance of sweat. Even if hard work is done, calories are not burnt. People who spend long hours or whole day in air conditioners are more prone to weight gain.
• If the air conditioner in car has filters that are of cheap quality it may cause breathing problems.
Having known the pros and cons of air conditioners, ultimately the decision is yours regarding how and when to use the air conditioner.
News-developments.com is a website focused on providing news developments in various categories that is currently happening around us today. Major news events and developments are provided across different fields including business, home and living, society, science and technology, and entertainment. For more details on the categories, visit http://news-developments.com
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important