ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Small Kitchen Renovations In Perth: How To Maximise Your Space
Total Articles: 19
Even if you only have a small space to work with for your upcoming kitchen renovations, there are clever ways you can maximise the space you have for a highly functional end result. If you’re worried about how your small kitchen renovations are going to turn out, we’re here to share some of our best design tips for your new space.
Let in the light
The darker the kitchen, the smaller it can seem so you want to let in as much light as possible if you’re working with limited room. This will open up the kitchen and give the illusion of space. Make sure you have sufficient lighting to brighten up the space in the evening and let in natural light by investing in a skylight, removing walls or widening entrances, or adding in a larger window.
Clever storage solutions
One of the biggest complaints for small kitchens is the lack of storage so make sure you integrate as much storage as possible into your design. Add in overhead cabinets and extend them to the ceiling for added cupboard room. Use as many drawers as possible in the place of standard lower cupboards so you have easy access to stacked items. You can also consider a pull out pantry as a compact solution to food storage.
Although that huge freestanding cooker or double door fridge may look impressive, they also take up a lot of room and can overwhelm a smaller space. Consider choosing appliances which are more suited to the compact size of your kitchen so you can maximise your storage space and so the final design looks proportionate.
You want to make navigating around your kitchen as easy as possible and in compact spaces, those fancy looking fittings that looked great in the store may actually get in the way. With that in mind, opt for fittings which are smaller and streamlined to add to the functionality of the space. You can even opt for handle-less cabinetry and remove the need for fittings altogether.
Downsize the sink
In a small space where bench space is at a premium, the sink can take up a lot of room. Instead of opting for a standard sink, there are a number of more compact options available which not only take up less room but add to the aesthetic of the final product.
At The Maker, our experienced designers can help you create the perfect kitchen no matter the size of your space. We lead the industry when it comes to innovative, luxury design and are with every step of the process. If you’re in need of extra inspiration, our showroom features a range of different kitchen styles for you to experience.
For small kitchen design ideas, speak with the experienced designers at The Maker on 1300 270 000 or make an appointment to visit our extensive showrooms.
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden