ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Small Kitchen Renovations In Perth: How To Maximise Your Space
Total Articles: 22
Even if you only have a small space to work with for your upcoming kitchen renovations, there are clever ways you can maximise the space you have for a highly functional end result. If you’re worried about how your small kitchen renovations are going to turn out, we’re here to share some of our best design tips for your new space.
Let in the light
The darker the kitchen, the smaller it can seem so you want to let in as much light as possible if you’re working with limited room. This will open up the kitchen and give the illusion of space. Make sure you have sufficient lighting to brighten up the space in the evening and let in natural light by investing in a skylight, removing walls or widening entrances, or adding in a larger window.
Clever storage solutions
One of the biggest complaints for small kitchens is the lack of storage so make sure you integrate as much storage as possible into your design. Add in overhead cabinets and extend them to the ceiling for added cupboard room. Use as many drawers as possible in the place of standard lower cupboards so you have easy access to stacked items. You can also consider a pull out pantry as a compact solution to food storage.
Although that huge freestanding cooker or double door fridge may look impressive, they also take up a lot of room and can overwhelm a smaller space. Consider choosing appliances which are more suited to the compact size of your kitchen so you can maximise your storage space and so the final design looks proportionate.
You want to make navigating around your kitchen as easy as possible and in compact spaces, those fancy looking fittings that looked great in the store may actually get in the way. With that in mind, opt for fittings which are smaller and streamlined to add to the functionality of the space. You can even opt for handle-less cabinetry and remove the need for fittings altogether.
Downsize the sink
In a small space where bench space is at a premium, the sink can take up a lot of room. Instead of opting for a standard sink, there are a number of more compact options available which not only take up less room but add to the aesthetic of the final product.
At The Maker, our experienced designers can help you create the perfect kitchen no matter the size of your space. We lead the industry when it comes to innovative, luxury design and are with every step of the process. If you’re in need of extra inspiration, our showroom features a range of different kitchen styles for you to experience.
For small kitchen design ideas, speak with the experienced designers at The Maker on 1300 270 000 or make an appointment to visit our extensive showrooms.
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Need To Have Removal Tree And Stump?
Author: Elly Knights
2. 4 Things To Consider For Finding The Right Upholstery Cleaning In London
Author: Nick Koych
3. Create A Great 1st Impression With Granite In Your Office Space
4. Common Residential Plumbing Issues
Author: Bob Sander
5. Warning Signs That You Need To Repaint Your Home
Author: Shane Habib
6. Take Stunning Pictures Of Your Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
7. Hiring Professionals To Install Window Film In Palm Beach Gardens
8. Tile Cleaning Melbourne Service: - Wipe Out Your Dirty Tiles
Author: Elly Smith
9. Turbo Cowl Prevents Rain Water, Entrance Of Wild Creatures And Down Draught In The Most Efficient Ma
Author: Jerry Baily
10. If Home Remedies Doesn’t Work To Stop Shower Leaking Call The Experts
Author: Jordan Curr
11. Things You Need To Be Careful Of Before Booking A Pest Control Service
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. The Landscape Constructing Has Been Beneficial To A Greater Extent
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
13. Exclusive Ideas To Decorate Your Roof In A Different Way
Author: Michael Gilmore
14. Things You Need To Be Aware Of The Gutters Of Your Roof
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
15. An Earlier Confirmation Of A Building's Framework Is Needful
Author: Adam Leworthy