ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
Fuelling Up: What To Eat Before Boxing Classes
Total Articles: 19
If you’ve ever experienced a boxing class, you’ll understand the importance of giving your body the right fuel before you go along – boxing is a full body workout and you need to be able to keep up!
Rather than reaching for a sugary snack, there are easy and healthy options which will give the energy you need. Today, we’ll be sharing our top suggestions for food options which will fuel you up before you face your boxing class.
Why do I need to eat before boxing?
We’re certainly not saying that you need to sit down for a full on meal immediately before you head off to boxing class. In fact, this wouldn’t be the best idea as you’ll likely be left feeling sluggish and uncomfortable. However, you do need to make sure you give your body enough fuel to get through the workout – boxing is a high intensity workout which burns a lot of energy and going along hungry
can lead to muscle loss. With that in mind, make sure you snack right before you don the gloves.
What should I eat?
When choosing a snack to have before boxing, opt for something that contains complex carbohydrates and protein and aim to eat around an hour before you head off. Some great options include bananas, yoghurt, egg, oatmeal, nuts or whole wheat crackers. For some snack inspiration, here are some combinations to try out:Whole wheat crackers with hummus or cottage cheese Apple slices topped with peanut butter A healthy fruit and yoghurt smoothie Oatmeal and banana
To stop you reaching for something unhealthy as you race out the door, plan ahead what snack you’ll have before your workout and have it ready to go.
What about afterwards?
It’s important that you give your body fuel in the form of carbs and protein before your boxing class to get you through but you also need to look after your body afterwards. To help your body recover
and repair, aim for a high protein meal half an hour to an hour after the workout. Meals such asbrown rice with salmon and vegetables, chicken stir fry, or eggs on whole wheat toast are all great
options. If you’re not ready for a meal after class, you could also go for a simple protein shake.
Whether you’re a pro or a beginner, boxing classes at KĀYA Health Clubs are perfect for you. Our fast and furious workouts will have you walking out feeling invigorated and you can expect to feel it the
next day! Our experienced instructors have extensive backgrounds in boxing and martial arts and will teach you the correct technique for maximum impact. If you’ve never given boxing classes a go,
now’s the time to give it a try!
For boxing classes Melbourne, contact KĀYA on (03) 9090 1000 and you can get started today.
Fitness Articles1. Remedial Massage And The Way You Can Treat Muscle Injury At Home
Author: Holly Coane
2. Use Chinese Herbs If You Want To Try Out Alternate Medicine To Cure Yourself
Author: Seth Aslatt
3. How Can You Get That Toned And Curvy Body Like The Models You Always Wished For?
Author: Spencer Holden
4. Why Massage Is Known As A Powerful Therapy Since Ancient Days
Author: Leona Miller
5. Does Yoga Result In Possession?
Author: Louise Franklin
6. Tips For More Effective Cardio Workouts
7. Three Day Military Diet Menu Chart
8. Yoga Teacher Training Can Change Your Thinking Towards Leading Life
Author: Dave Woods
9. Why You Should Spare A Thought And Devote Your Life To Yin Yoga Ttc
Author: Dave Woods
10. Tips For Oily Skin Care
Author: Tejaswini D
11. Are You A Victim Of Sedentary Lifestyle? Here Is How To Stay Fit
Author: Steffen Lang
12. Buy Fit Body With Doctor Approved Weight Loss Supplements
Author: Weight Loss Supplements
13. The Secrets Of Bruhana Nasyam Therapy In India
Author: Dr nitesh khonde
14. Know Effective Ways To Reduce Weight The Healthy Way
Author: Owen Jones
15. Let Herbs Cure Your Soul And Body From The Core, Stay Safe And Healthy
Author: Seth Aslatt