ALL >> Sports >> View Article
How To Choose The Ideal Shuttlecock On The Basis Of Speed?
Total Articles: 14
Do you think that choosing feather birdies over nylon shuttlecocks is the only decision that you have to make while playing badminton? Well, once you make a decision between duck feathers and goose feathers, there is one thing that demands your attention. The speed of shuttlecock is also an important factor that you need to consider as a professional-level badminton player.
Ideal Shuttlecock Speed - Making a Choice
Traditionally, manufacturers used the weight of the shuttlecock to categorize them. Most shuttlecock tubes were marked numbers from 48 to 52. So, if the shuttlecock is categorized as 50, it means its weight is 5.0 grams. But, it led to several inaccuracies.
Later, speed was used as a differentiating factor. The speed of the shuttlecock lets a player know how fast and far it will go. Just as colored labels are used to differentiate nylon shuttlecocks on the basis of speed, feather birdies come with numbers to help you identify its speed. Let’s learn what different numbers on the tube of feather shuttlecocks mean:
1. 75 – Slow Speed – It is ideal for use in highland
2. 76 – Medium Slow Speed – You can use the shuttlecock in hotter areas
3. 77 – Medium – Perfect for most sea-level areas
4. 78 – Medium Fast – You should use the shuttlecocks in cold areas
5. 79 – Fast – You can try it for cold areas, below sea level.
If you buy a shuttlecock with speed 77, it will land 30cm further than a feather birdie with speed 76. Every two shuttlecocks with consecutives speeds will have a difference of 30cm between them.
What Factors should you consider for making the Decision?
Now, that you know all about the different categories of feather shuttlecocks, let’s begin on making the choice. When it comes to selecting a shuttlecock speed, it all depends on the location. You may think that if you live in a hot climate of California, you need to opt for shuttlecocks with speed 76. However, you must remember that location is not always the major factor for making a decision.
1. Air Density
The speed of a shuttlecock is dependent on the air density in the area. If the total amount air is less in an area, it means it has lower air density. And, lower density means a shuttlecock will have no problem in travelling quickly. So, if you live in a mountainous region with low air density, choose a slow speed as it will be sufficient for you.
If the temperature rises in a region, the air density reduces making it easier for you to use a slow shuttlecock. It is for the same reason China uses 76-speed shuttlecock in summers but it opts for a slight faster 77-speed feather birdie in the winter months.
The Final Word
The game of badminton is all about power, speed and agility. And, by choosing the ideal feather shuttlecock, you can improve your game phenomenally. So, when you shop online for badminton shuttlecocks, consider the speed of the feather birdies.
Happy playing! Happy winning
Are you ready to buy badminton shuttlecocks online? Trust the reputed badminton store for the best deals on feather birdies and nylon shuttlecocks. Enjoy wholesale prices and free shipping on your order.
Turning passion into profession! Growing up, sports have always been a big part of my life. And, I feel grateful to be working with a world-class badminton equipment authorized distributor that is making sure that people are getting off the couch and on the court. At Victor Sport Online, we constantly strive to improve your game and take you to the next level with quality badminton equipment.
Sports Articles1. Non-powered Surface Water Sports
Author: Glynna Thomas
2. Duck Hunting Seadrift Texas-how To Teach Your Unfocused Dog To Concentrate On The Hunt?
Author: Andy Alagappan
3. 10 Reasons Why Trophies And Awards Play A Great Role In Appraising On An Occasion
Author: Heath Sinclair
4. Cycling Apparel Australia
Author: cycling apparel australia
5. Essential Accessories Required For Scuba Diving
Author: Chris Roy
6. Delhi Trophy Creates Nothing But Masterpieces
Author: ponting brown
7. How To Buy Reliable Tips For Soccer World Cup 2018?
8. Tips On Shoulder Injuries Of Bowhunters
Author: Joe Turner
9. Cool And Amazing Giant Bikes
Author: Mark Travers
10. Guide For Beginner Steroid Cycle
11. New Icc Rules To Handover More Power To Match Referees
12. Austria Vs Russia Prediction International Friendly
13. Follow These Tips To Increase Archery Shooting Speed And Accuracy
Author: joel turner
14. Latest News
Author: Latest news
15. Think To Consider While Purchasing A Bafang Mid Drive Motor Bike
Author: Larry Bushart