ALL >> Health >> View Article
Smoking And Oral Health
Total Articles: 21
You must be aware of the fact that smoking causes lung cancer. But did you know that smoking is the major cause of tooth loss in adults. According to research, smoking has ill effects on oral health. It also has bad effects on appearance of your oral health.
In this article, we will discuss the ways that smoking ruins your oral health.
Smoking and tooth decay
Brushing, flossing and visiting the dentist regularly will help prevent cavities and maintain your oral health. But if you smoke, the aforesaid measures may not help. As smoking leads to decreased flow of saliva, there is an increase in plaque build up and tartar accumulation, which is hard to remove and eventually leads to tooth decay.Smoking and gum disease
For smokers, there are six times more risk of developing gum disease than a non-smoker. Use of tobacco reduces blood flow to gums that deprives them from getting oxygen and nutrients that keep them healthy. This makes gums more vulnerable to gum infections.
Smoking and bad breath
Smoking leads to a condition called halitosis – bad breath. Smoking not only leave your mouth dry but also the nicotine and the tar get settled in the oral cavity leading to the condition known as smokers breath.
Smoking and discolored teeth
One of the common effects of smoking is teeth staining. Teeth become discolored because of the causative factors – nicotine and tar in tobacco. These ingredients make teeth yellow. Chain smokers (those who smoke heavily) often have brown colored teeth. Vineers and teeth whitening procedures can help remove these stains. But for problem free mouth, it is better to avoid smoking.
Smoking and tooth loss
Smoking restricts blood normal supply to gums, and deprives them from getting oxygen and nutrients that are essential for bone and gum support for teeth. Lack of oxygen and nutrients, bone that surround teeth become loose eventually, which leads to tooth loss.
Smoking and oral cancer
About 90% of people diagnosed with oral and throat cancer are the smokers. Talk with your dentist about concerns you may have regarding use of tobacco People who smoke have higher risk of oral cancer.
Bestinfo-log.com is a website that provides tips and information on various categories including business, technology, health, society and living. These news updates and tips in bestinfo-log are intended to help people in daily living. For more details on article categories, visit http://bestinfo-log.com
Health Articles1. Does It Help To Outsource Provider Credentialing Services?
2. Quickest Air Ambulance Service In Dibrugarh With Advanced Medical Equipments
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
3. Male Organ Function Tips For Weekend Sensual Warriors
Author: John Dugan
4. आयुर्वेद के माध्यम से पीठ दर्द और उनके घरेलू उपचार
Author: Dr Nitesh Khonde
5. Men Too Suffer From Hair Problems And This Is How To Solve Them
Author: Kabea Global
6. Global Surgical Equipment Market Trend
7. The Emergency Dental Care - Know When It's Urgent
Author: Raphael Leo
8. Appropriate Supplement For The Progression On Eye Disease
Author: Blake Andrus
9. Benefits Of Orthodontics In Phoenix
Author: John Marker
10. Impact Of Air Conditioners On Health
Author: Thomas Martinez
11. Herbal Pain Relief Gel Is The Best Solution For Your Sore Body
Author: Shashikant Shukla
12. Natural And Necessary Food For Heart Health
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
13. Benefits Of Pediatric Dentistry In Golden Valley
Author: Richard Brown
14. Top Dentistry Conferences | Emedevents
15. Upcoming Conferences For Cardiology In 2018