ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Avoid Plagiarism While Referring Other Peoples Work
Total Articles: 24
A dissertation is a very important part of every student’s academic life. The students need to do a lot of research while working on a dissertation. During the process of writing the dissertation, not all the ideas in the dissertation belong to the writer. Some of the ideas might be taken as an inspiration from other writers. However, from an academic point of view, it is unethical to use the ideas of other writers and submitting it as an own study. However, there is a solution to such problem. The answer to such a problem is “referencing”
Referencing? What is that?
The process of acknowledging the idea or content of other writers used in your essay or work is called referencing. Through referencing, the readers can quickly and easily access the source from which you have referred the data. Moreover, readers can also use the reference to validate the data you have entered in your document. The sources can be referred in two possible ways: in-text citation and bibliography.
1. In-text Citation: The in-text citation is used to refer the inspired content within the body of the assignment. For instance, you have mentioned about a fact in one of your paragraphs. In such case, you must cite the fact at the end of the sentence so that the readers know the valid source of the fact and can trace back the fact.
2. Reference List: The reference list is a list which contains the details of all the references used in the in-text.
Referencing can be a difficult task. Therefore, you can get help with dissertation proposal from dissertation proposal services. With the dissertation proposal help, you can submit a well-referenced paper, free of plagiarism.
Benefits of Referencing
Adding references to your content adds value to your arguments. It displays that you have gained a wide knowledge from various writings and experts. A good reference also helps you score good grades. Moreover, it also helps to avoid the accusation of plagiarism. You can also approach dissertation proposal writing service to get help with dissertation proposal.
Tips to Avoid Plagiarism
• Paraphrasing: When you paraphrase the text of an author, you should ensure that you make use of unique sentence structure and words.
• Quotes: Highlight the direct quotes that you use in your content. Later, provide an in-text citation to those quotes.
To avoid the burden, you can get dissertation proposal help from dissertation proposal services.
When To Cite
• Distinct Ideas: Cite the sources when the ideas and opinions belong to a particular source.
• Intellectual Structure: When the intellectual structure is adopted from any source you should cite it. For example, if you solve a problem using a specific way suggested by an author, then you need to cite it as it is an intellectual property of the author.
• Information: In case you use any information such as statistics, facts, diagram, etc. from any source, you should cite the work from where it is referred.
• Phrase: Any phrase or passage unique to the personal work of the author should be referenced.
• Non-Common Knowledge: Any information that is not common knowledge and is a part of some other person’s work should be referenced.
• Doubtful: Whenever you are in doubt, it is better to cite the source so that you can avoid any kind of plagiarism. However, note that you do not cite too much to impress your tutor.
How to Cite a Reference
There are many referencing styles that can be used to cite. Some of the most common referencing styles are
• American Psychology Association (APA)
• Modern Language Association (MLA)
Learning these referencing styles in a short time might be time-consuming. Students cannot learn these styles in a short time as they have other academic commitments. Therefore, they can get dissertation assignment help from dissertation proposal writing service. These services have experts who have a deep knowledge of these referencing styles.
After writing the content and referencing it, you should check your content for plagiarism. There are several tools that allow you to check your dissertation for plagiarism. For instance, Turnitin can help you identify the sentences that are plagiarised, both intentionally and unintentionally. If you find it difficult to write a plagiarism free content, you can get dissertation assignment help from Uniresearchers.
Article Source: https://plus.google.com/100537119519901574103/posts/9hokpJe8DvL
Education Articles1. Want To Improve Your Brand Visibility Buy Private School Data Lists From School Data Lists
2. Best Selenium Training, Online Institute In Hyderabad Bangalore
3. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Ameerpet
4. What Does Your Texas Or Pennsylvania Online Real Estate Course Need To Have?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
5. Why Are People Taking Their New York Or California Real Estate License Course Online?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
6. Rpa – What Do You Need To Know
7. 5 Countries Where You Can Earn A Living While Studying
Author: Pranati Roy
8. Which Are The Best Bba Colleges In India?
Author: ies online12
9. What Are The Top Engineering Colleges In Bangalore?
10. How Is Jain University, Bangalore? How Are The Faculty, Placements, The Campus And The Overall Facto
11. How To Prepare For Neet
Author: Kriti Chopra
12. How To Be A Better Learner
Author: Aadarsh Agarwal
13. How To Master The Art Of Assignment Writing In 5 Easy Steps
Author: Tiana Crush
14. Optimize Your Hospital’s - Digital Marketing Strategy 2018
Author: Ajay Kumar
15. Learn Cpr At Your Convenience With An Online Cpr Class
Author: Christopher Bayer