ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Spotlight On The Mazda 3 2018 - Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Total Articles: 13
The new Mazda 3 is packed with safety features, but one of the most innovative is the rear cross traffic alert. While many of the safety systems are designed to protect you in the event of an accident, the rear cross traffic alert is a driver aid to help avoid you backing blind. So, here we will explore this innovative feature and why it is such a fantastic aid for any driver.
The Rear Cross Traffic Alert Basics
This system is a very handy feature designed to assist drivers when reversing out of driveways or car parking spaces. The system is particularly useful if your vision is obscured by large vehicles or walls on either side of your Mazda 3. Mandurah drivers will be alerted to any potential collision, so you can avoid those low speed car park bumps.
This is part of the driver assistance technology package that is offered with blind spot monitoring. The two systems share radar based sensors and work in a similar way. When you select reverse, the system will monitor any traffic that is approaching from either side. If there is a possibility of a collision, you will hear an audible warning and see a visual cue to stop.
While reversing aids such as reverse cameras rear sensors and 360º surround view are becoming more common in modern cars, these systems only have a range of a couple of metres. Rear cross traffic alerts can detect vehicles up to 50 metres away to provide you with additional confidence when reversing out of tricky spots.
How It Works
This type of system uses similar technology to blind spot monitoring, with hardware shared between these systems. When the vehicle is in reverse, small radar sensors hidden in the rear bumper scan the area around the vehicle. The speed, direction, and distance of any vehicle within a 50 meter range are measured and calculated to determine collision risk.
If there is a risk of a collision, you’ll hear an audible warning with a visual alert shown on the reverse camera monitor. While this isn’t a replacement for driver awareness, it can be invaluable when you are trying to reverse out of a tricky parking spot with larger vehicles on either side. It can also be handy if you’re backing out of a driveway and need an extra set of eyes.
If you would like to learn more about the safety features available on the Mazda 3 2018 range, you should visit us. We are an authorised Mazda dealership with the best selection of models in Mandurah. Mazda 3 information is readily available, and our sales staff is on hand to answer any queries about the new Mazda 3, discuss your finance options or arrange your test drive.
Automobiles Articles1. Increasingly Stringent Fuel Efficiency Norms To Drive The Demand For Electronically Assisted Steeri
2. Advanced Technology And Growth Of The Automotive Industry Will Drive The Automotive Engine Market
3. How To Choose The Best Place To Undertake Your Car Repair?
Author: James Johnson
4. Air Pressure In Tyres-impact On Driving
Author: BK Vijay
5. Considerations To Keep In Mind Before Buying A Lube Truck For Your Business
Author: Scott Lee
6. Taking Advantage Of The Skoda Deals
Author: Daniel Skoda
7. Buying Bridgewater Cars On Sale - Bridgewater Car Sales
Author: Bridgewater Nissan
8. The Roller Conveyor Type Leads The Conveyor System Market In Food & Beverage Industry
9. Lighting To Be The Largest Application Segment Of The Glazing By Polycarbonate Material Market
10. Technological Advancements & The Growth Of The Automotive Industry Are Expected To Drive The Vehicl
11. Get An Airport Shuttle Service When You Are In A Hurry To Catch A Flight
Author: Max Brier
12. A Thin Thread Of Differentiation Between The Bobbers And Choppers
Author: Levi Fysh
13. How To Find Auto Repair Shop - It Is Very Important To Make The Right Choice
Author: Mark Josesh
14. Factors You Should Consider While Hiring A Lorry Anywhere In Bradford
Author: Emma Denton
15. Swipe & Buy: Is It Possible To Buy A Car With A Credit Card?
Author: Williams Orchard