ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Spotlight On The Mazda 3 2018 - Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Total Articles: 12
The new Mazda 3 is packed with safety features, but one of the most innovative is the rear cross traffic alert. While many of the safety systems are designed to protect you in the event of an accident, the rear cross traffic alert is a driver aid to help avoid you backing blind. So, here we will explore this innovative feature and why it is such a fantastic aid for any driver.
The Rear Cross Traffic Alert Basics
This system is a very handy feature designed to assist drivers when reversing out of driveways or car parking spaces. The system is particularly useful if your vision is obscured by large vehicles or walls on either side of your Mazda 3. Mandurah drivers will be alerted to any potential collision, so you can avoid those low speed car park bumps.
This is part of the driver assistance technology package that is offered with blind spot monitoring. The two systems share radar based sensors and work in a similar way. When you select reverse, the system will monitor any traffic that is approaching from either side. If there is a possibility of a collision, you will hear an audible warning and see a visual cue to stop.
While reversing aids such as reverse cameras rear sensors and 360º surround view are becoming more common in modern cars, these systems only have a range of a couple of metres. Rear cross traffic alerts can detect vehicles up to 50 metres away to provide you with additional confidence when reversing out of tricky spots.
How It Works
This type of system uses similar technology to blind spot monitoring, with hardware shared between these systems. When the vehicle is in reverse, small radar sensors hidden in the rear bumper scan the area around the vehicle. The speed, direction, and distance of any vehicle within a 50 meter range are measured and calculated to determine collision risk.
If there is a risk of a collision, you’ll hear an audible warning with a visual alert shown on the reverse camera monitor. While this isn’t a replacement for driver awareness, it can be invaluable when you are trying to reverse out of a tricky parking spot with larger vehicles on either side. It can also be handy if you’re backing out of a driveway and need an extra set of eyes.
If you would like to learn more about the safety features available on the Mazda 3 2018 range, you should visit us. We are an authorised Mazda dealership with the best selection of models in Mandurah. Mazda 3 information is readily available, and our sales staff is on hand to answer any queries about the new Mazda 3, discuss your finance options or arrange your test drive.
Automobiles Articles1. What Is True Value Maruti?
2. Wanting To Buy A Maruti? Here’s Where You Can Go!
3. Selling Your Car? Check Out Maruti True Value In Delhi
4. Are You Worried About Fuel Prices? Switch To Cng!
5. New Premium Product Range Developed For Heavy Commercial Vehicles.
Author: Accurub Technologies
6. What Does The Nissan Qashqai Airbag Warning Light Indicate?
Author: Andrew Rogers
7. Know How You Can Improve The Overall Appearance Of Your Harley Davidson
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Reasons Why You Can Rely On A Taxi Service Completely In All Situations
Author: Max Brier
9. Can You Still Buy A Subaru Forester Diesel From Car Dealers? Perth Expert Advice
Author: Ben Sporn
10. Types Of Automotive Radiators
Author: Aarush Khatri
11. How Does The Used Toyota Highlander Stack Up?
Author: East Coast Toyota
12. A Quick Skoda Octavia Sport 110 Tsi Catch Up Review
13. The New Mx-5 Carbon Hardtop Revealed: Mazda Dealers Perth News
Author: Mandurah mazda
14. Motor Scooters–inexpensive, Eco-friendly And Easy To Park Riding Partner
Author: Lowest Price ATV
15. Guide To Finding The Best Bike Gear