ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
What Is Certificate Transparency?
Total Articles: 22
Certificate Transparency is an open source that aims to strengthen SSL/TLS certificate system, that is the principal cryptographic system that lies under all HTTPS secure connections. It is an extra certificate tier of Certificate security that forms a Security Triad to ensure clients surfing the internet are safe and secure in terms of security.
What is Certificate Transparency (CT)?
As the name implies, Certificate Transparency is a mechanism used to publicly log SSL Certificate, that helps website owners detect mis-issuance.
Off all the threats facing the SSL industry, mis-issuance is among the most dangerous. A mis-issuance happens when Certificate Authority issue an improperly SSL Certificate. This could account of incorrect information in the CSR, the certificate being issued to the wrong person.
Certificate Transparency is a 3rd party auditing log required log required by web browser to display certificate ownership information. Once the Certificate Transparency is enable, the information of certificate ownership will be publicly display such as: -
• Common Name
• Subject Alternative Name (SAN)
• Organization Name
• CA Name
• Validity period
• Certificate Chain
The Security Triad
All the web browser has been implementing security notifications regarding the safety of website. These notifications will typically show green address bar or padlock is website secure and safe. Red strikes appear if the web browser deems something that is considered unsafe for users. These notifications will vary from browser to browser, but at the end these are all just notifications to inform to the web user on the safety of website.
Anything can contribute to these browser notifications including outdated server software configuration and mixed content.
Security is not just limited to the Certificate Authority and Client browser like is used to be. Here what’s going on now:
• CT is middle logging system that hold a time stamp of logs of the certificate that have been issued by the various CA’s.
• The CA informs the Log server of all the certificate that get issued.
• The Client browser auditor verifies that the log is behaving properly and informs clients of anything suspicious that has happened regarding certificate authority.
The CT logs are fully searchable, you should be able to find your own SSL Certificate in it. Overall this is good for the entire SSL ecosystem because, as the name suggest it provides a great degree of transparency in to what that Certificate Authorities are doing regarding validation and issuance.
About Author: -
TheSSLstore.in provides all SSL options, such as the Wildcard Certificate, at discounts through its Platinum Partnerships with VeriSign, GeoTrust, Thawte, and RapidSSL, offering SSL certificates at steeply discounted rates, 24/7 support, and a 30-day money back guarantee. The SSL Store™ India is one of the largest and most trusted SSL certificate providers globally, with clients ranging from NASA and IBM to thousands of small businesses. https://www.thesslstore.in/.
TheSSLstore.in provides all SSL options, such as the Wildcard Certificate, at discounts through its Platinum Partnerships with VeriSign, GeoTrust, Thawte, and RapidSSL, offering SSL certificates at steeply discounted rates, 24/7 support, and a 30-day money back guarantee. The SSL Store™ India is one of the largest and most trusted SSL certificate providers globally. https://www.thesslstore.in/.
The SSL Store™ India is one of the largest SSL Certificates providers in India now offering SSL/TLS Certificates at ? 80/month with dedicated 24*7 Live Support.
Web Hosting Articles1. Top 5 Reasons Why Choose C# Development Services?
Author: Techno Softwares
2. Orpov Technologies
3. Web Hosting: A Guide For Beginners
Author: Gary Martin
4. Demand Of Ssl Certificates In Today Era
Author: Gaurav Maniar
5. Register Your Domain Name In Dubai ?
6. Get Top Web Hosting Co. In Dubai ?
7. Few Reasons Why Https Should Be Enabled On Your Website?
8. How Cheap Vps Hosting Services In India Are Benefitting The Small Businesses?
9. Business Validation Ssl: Make Your Organization’s Presence Felt
Author: Gaurav Maniar
10. Risks Involved If Ssl Certificate Is Not Installed On Your Website
Author: Jitendra Raulo
11. Understanding Ssl Certificate Authentication
Author: Gaurav Maniar
12. 4 Simple Reasons Why You Should Use Wordpress For Your Site
Author: Andrew Stevenson
13. Website Monitoring - Additional Features Provided By Good Service Providers
14. Using Web Monitoring Service To Track Downtime And Improve Site Speed
15. Why You Should Use Real User Monitoring