ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
What Is Certificate Transparency?
Total Articles: 15
Certificate Transparency is an open source that aims to strengthen SSL/TLS certificate system, that is the principal cryptographic system that lies under all HTTPS secure connections. It is an extra certificate tier of Certificate security that forms a Security Triad to ensure clients surfing the internet are safe and secure in terms of security.
What is Certificate Transparency (CT)?
As the name implies, Certificate Transparency is a mechanism used to publicly log SSL Certificate, that helps website owners detect mis-issuance.
Off all the threats facing the SSL industry, mis-issuance is among the most dangerous. A mis-issuance happens when Certificate Authority issue an improperly SSL Certificate. This could account of incorrect information in the CSR, the certificate being issued to the wrong person.
Certificate Transparency is a 3rd party auditing log required log required by web browser to display certificate ownership information. Once the Certificate Transparency is enable, the information of certificate ownership will be publicly display such as: -
• Common Name
• Subject Alternative Name (SAN)
• Organization Name
• CA Name
• Validity period
• Certificate Chain
The Security Triad
All the web browser has been implementing security notifications regarding the safety of website. These notifications will typically show green address bar or padlock is website secure and safe. Red strikes appear if the web browser deems something that is considered unsafe for users. These notifications will vary from browser to browser, but at the end these are all just notifications to inform to the web user on the safety of website.
Anything can contribute to these browser notifications including outdated server software configuration and mixed content.
Security is not just limited to the Certificate Authority and Client browser like is used to be. Here what’s going on now:
• CT is middle logging system that hold a time stamp of logs of the certificate that have been issued by the various CA’s.
• The CA informs the Log server of all the certificate that get issued.
• The Client browser auditor verifies that the log is behaving properly and informs clients of anything suspicious that has happened regarding certificate authority.
The CT logs are fully searchable, you should be able to find your own SSL Certificate in it. Overall this is good for the entire SSL ecosystem because, as the name suggest it provides a great degree of transparency in to what that Certificate Authorities are doing regarding validation and issuance.
About Author: -
TheSSLstore.in provides all SSL options, such as the Wildcard Certificate, at discounts through its Platinum Partnerships with VeriSign, GeoTrust, Thawte, and RapidSSL, offering SSL certificates at steeply discounted rates, 24/7 support, and a 30-day money back guarantee. The SSL Store™ India is one of the largest and most trusted SSL certificate providers globally, with clients ranging from NASA and IBM to thousands of small businesses. https://www.thesslstore.in/.
TheSSLstore.in provides all SSL options, such as the Wildcard Certificate, at discounts through its Platinum Partnerships with VeriSign, GeoTrust, Thawte, and RapidSSL, offering SSL certificates at steeply discounted rates, 24/7 support, and a 30-day money back guarantee. The SSL Store™ India is one of the largest and most trusted SSL certificate providers globally. https://www.thesslstore.in/.
The SSL Store™ India is one of the largest SSL Certificates providers in India now offering SSL/TLS Certificates at ? 80/month with dedicated 24*7 Live Support.
Web Hosting Articles1. Everything You Need To Know About Vps Web Hosting In India
2. 3 Key Dimensions For Evaluating Website Hosting Providers
3. Best Type Of Web Hosting In 2018
4. How Reseller Hosting Is The Key To The Future Of Online Business?
5. Finding A Quality Of Dedicated Server Provider For Your Business
Author: Upasana Raghuwanshi
6. Free Vs Paid Website Monitoring Service - What Startups Need?
7. 4 Critical Cloud Computing Security Features All Businesses Must Have
Author: Andrew Stevenson
8. Why Shared Hosting Is A Preferred Choice Today?
9. Facts And Importance To Know About Ssl Certificate And Its Authorities
Author: Maria Dicousta
10. Overview Of The Concept Of Hosting
11. Benefits Of Virtual Private Hosting - Private Hosting
Author: Jerry Peres
12. What Are The Benefits Of Upgrading To Vps Hosting?
13. Orpov Technologies
14. Demand Of Ssl Certificates In Today Era
Author: Gaurav Maniar
15. Register Your Domain Name In Dubai ?