ALL >> Family >> View Article
Full Time Employee, Entrepreneurand Father – The Highs And Lows
Total Articles: 1
WhenEmily and I started our business,I dreamt longingly about quitting my day job. Unfortunately, as is the case with many home businesses, this was not realistic. We needed to pay the mortgage and keep food on the table. Financial security comes first when you have a family to provide for. The sensible option was to tinker away, and maintain full time employment.
Establishing our business has been an immensely rewarding experience, particularly considering the product we developed made such a difference to my ownfamily’s quality of life. Following the birth of our first child, chronic sleep deprivation contributed to my wife developing post-natal depression. Our babies sleeping troubles had a profound impact on her mental and physical health. Together we developed a strategy to overcome our baby girls troublesome sleeping habits. The use of a sleep clock was avital component of that strategy.
As it turns out, developing a side business is a massive undertaking.It comprises the same challenges and issues of a full-time business, but with less hours in the day to oppress them. It’s fair to say there have been many ups and downs along the way.
Say goodbye to your weekends
I thought I was busy before we started to develop our Sleepy Starz Sleep Training Clock. I already had a fulltime job and two growing children. Truthfully, I hadn’t seen anything yet! The early stages were the most arduous. Afterbattling the traffic home following a long day’s work, I would walk in the door and assume my fatherly responsibilities. Feed, bath, book and bed, and then it was time to start work again! Balancing our new business venture alongside quality time with our kids became the sole focus of our weeknights and weekends. Personal relationships with friends and our extended family became extremely difficult.
Two demanding jobs
While the often-stated benefit of running your own business is flexibility, the archetypal enthusiasm I hadfor mypersonal business pursuit meantI spent as much time on it as humanly possible. This enthusiasm began to creating additional demands on my daytime occupation as I often became tired, distracted, and stressed after a series of late nights.
Keep paying the mortgage
Leaving full time employment to start your own business can be risky. Our approach provided us with a much-needed security blanket. Some will say we were hedging out bets… and perhaps we were, but guaranteed income as we developed our business was a god-send!
Think about it like a marriage
Someone once told me – try to start company with someone you know you are compatible with, preferably someone you have worked with before. The most pleasurable aspect of developing thisbusiness has been working with my wonderful wife Emily on our combined passion project. They say you should think about business as a marriage– well that is exactly what our business is!
Sleepy Starz Pty Ltd is an Australian owned company and is the leading provider of baby and toddler sleep solutions. Their latest innovation is the Sleepy Starz Sleep Training Clock which recently featured on Channel 7’s Today Tonight.The clock can be purchased through this website and will be in stores soon. The clock has been receiving remarkable feedback from very happy customers across Australia.
Family Articles1. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
2. What To Look In A Mail Order Brides Online? More Information For You To Find Out Here!
3. 7 Powerful Ways To Program Love To Children
4. All You Should Know About Making Donations To The Ngos In India
5. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Offer Quality Lifestyle For Your Elders
6. Relationship Therapy Nederland Can Help You Understand Your Loved Ones In A Better Way!
Author: Angelika Matthias
7. Avail 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Services To Look After Your Elders At Home
8. Top Tips To Help Seniors Have A Happy Holiday Season
Author: Sudhir Singh
9. Building A Circle Of Friends In Your Senior Years
Author: Sudhir Singh
10. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Is The Best Option For Elderly Care At Home
11. Know The Importance Of Maternity And Newborn Baby Photography
Author: Jennifer Gordon
12. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders At Home
13. How To Make The Most Of Your Used Car & Why Should You Upsell?
Author: Kaitlin Miller
14. Tips To Select The Best Car Seat For Infants And Newborns
15. The Older We Get, The Happier We Are: Here’s Why?
Author: Sudhir Singh