ALL >> General >> View Article
Five Significant Developments Of Drdo In The Recent Time
Total Articles: 5
The economy and the defence system are like the backbone of any nation. This is the reason that developed countries focus remains mainly over these two sectors. And developing countries strives to become self-sufficient in both. India is a developing country and it is constantly evolving in the field of defence and boosting its economy.
The self-sufficiency in defence products give two advantage to India, first it strengthens the defence system of India, and second it boost country’s economy, as India does not have to spend on importing weaponry, on the other hand, it has come in the position of export.
DRDO Has Played A Major Role In Reinforcing India’s Defence Power
(DRDO) Defence Research and Development Organization is the in-charge of millitary’s research and development. The organization with its 52 laboratories all over India, work in close co-ordination with other departments as well as countries and develop innovative and advance equipment for three defence bodies of India. DRDO has been working on certain projects for years and have comp up with some significant output. Some of its contributions to Indian defence system are
Pinaka Multi-barrel Rocket System – The system is used by the Indian Army and it is the result of DRDO’s efforts. Pinaka has state-of-the-art technologies for giving the superior combat performance. The system was designed by DRDO to replace the BM-21 Grad multiple rocket launcher systems. The features of Pinaka Multi-barrel Rocket System are
• It is a multifaceted system and have high energy propulsion
• It has sub-munition warheads
• It has fire control computer and servo-controlled launcher configuration.
Rohini Radar - Rohini is a ground based mechanically scanning S-Band pulse Doppler radar developed indigenously by DRDO. The radar is used for detecting the air space surveillance and efficiently track the air targets with reliability. Rohini radar is successful even under the environment of hostile EW operational for the Indian Air Force.
This radar has scanning ability of air space 360 in Azimuth and 30 in elevation, which goes upto 18 km height.
Astra - Astra is the first air-to-air missile of India again developed by the team of DRDO. This is a beyond visual range missile and have an ultimate strike range of over 100km. The Astra has been test fired successfully and has had a checkered history.
Light Combat Aircraft Tejas – this is a single-engine fighter aircraft. It is light in weight yet extremely agile. It is also the product of DRDO and many world class features, such It has quadruplex digital fly-by-wire flight control system, it has autopilot mode with a glass cockpit. The whole world has a lot interest in Tejas.
Prithvi Missile – Prithvi missile has been indigenously developed by DRDO and it is a nuclear-capable missile. The missile has been successfully test fired and soon it will be the part of India’s defence body. The missile has the strike range of 350 km and all latest features to give a tough fight to India’s enemy during war.
General Articles1. Char Dham Yatra
Author: kuldeep dogra
2. How Businesses Can Champion Online Reviews
Author: Mr. Geoffrey James Day
3. Per Spostarsi Tra La Chiesa E Il Ricevimento Del Dulwich College
4. How To Charge Nintendo Switch When Not At Home
Author: Bradon Wilson
5. How To Set Internet Browser Tabs
Author: Edward Lewis
6. What Makes A Good Child Learning And Development Centre
Author: Nichola Moss
7. Amazon Has Announced Its Holiday Restrictions For Toys And Games
8. Successful Installation Of Foam Detector At Tata Chemicals
Author: Pune Techtrol
9. How To Buy Fiber Laser Equipment In The Sale?
10. Digital Marketing Agency In Bangalore
Author: webi7 media
11. Stay Safe And Lit With Ultra Bright Lights
Author: Justin Tomney
12. Trademark Registration In India
Author: Olive Credson
13. Best Cryptocurrency To Invest In
14. 8 Things Your Dog Needs To Boat Safely
Author: Games Willy
15. Filmywap Apk Download: Watch Movies, Tv Shows & Sports On Android Mobile
Author: Riya Sharma