ALL >> Health >> View Article
Child Tooth Decay Is On The Rise - Here Is What You Need To Know To Prevent
Total Articles: 3
While watching TV, people often come across toothpaste ads where children play the role of the patient mostly. This is because kids are more prone to oral issues than an adult as they are incapable of taking care of their oral health. Still, most of the parents pay no heed to their child’s dental health. As a result of which, more number of children are facing tooth decay problems across various countries.
Moreover, parents think that their child need not require visiting a dentist before the age of three. They even pay no proper attention to the brushing habits of their child and their food intake. Their ignorance and lack of knowledge lead to pain and chronic infection in the oral region of the child. Furthermore, severe dental problems may impact development and growth along with causing diseases like diabetes, heart disease, and so.
For those who are still not sure about how to keep their children away from tooth decay, here is a guide on when to brush, what to eat, and when to visit the dentist.
Brushing Recommendations – when should the child brush?
Useful tips on when should your child brush and how frequently –
• In most of the houses, we see children brushing once a day which is better than not brushing at all. However, brushing the teeth twice a day for both the child and the adult is considered ideal.
• Prior the teeth of child erupt, dentists recommend parents to use a cloth to clean baby’s gum.
• Children from six years age can use toothpaste meant for adults.
• Most importantly, parents should look after children to ensure whether they are properly brushing their teeth or not.
If you stay in Chennai, then you can visit any dentist in Chennai who can give you detailed information on what causes tooth decay and how to prevent it.
Children’s Diet plan for a Healthy Smile
Sweetened drinks and aerated drinks are a big no for children. Even the bottle containing milk that you feed your child overnight is considered harmful. This is because exposure to sugar during sleep for a long time leads to tooth decay among children.
However, to avoid tooth decay, it is highly recommended that parents should limit the sugar intake of their children. The daily intake of added sugar for children should be around five teaspoons and not more than that.
For valuable insight about dental care of both adults and children, you can visit India Dental World website.
Right Time to Visit the Dentist
Parents should take their children for dental check-ups right from the early age. This will help keep teeth and gum healthy from the beginning. Moreover, children of two years age can even undergo treatment in hospital if needed relief from painful teeth or infected gum.
A timely visit to the dental clinic in Chennai or nearby your locality can help the children in the area prevent serious dental issues in the later years.
Dr. Sunitha Prasad is the Director of India Dental World, one of the leading dental service provider in India offers a common platform for dental practitioners as well as for dentists. A practicing dentist with close to 15 years of experience.
Health Articles1. Does It Help To Outsource Provider Credentialing Services?
2. Quickest Air Ambulance Service In Dibrugarh With Advanced Medical Equipments
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
3. Male Organ Function Tips For Weekend Sensual Warriors
Author: John Dugan
4. आयुर्वेद के माध्यम से पीठ दर्द और उनके घरेलू उपचार
Author: Dr Nitesh Khonde
5. Men Too Suffer From Hair Problems And This Is How To Solve Them
Author: Kabea Global
6. Global Surgical Equipment Market Trend
7. The Emergency Dental Care - Know When It's Urgent
Author: Raphael Leo
8. Appropriate Supplement For The Progression On Eye Disease
Author: Blake Andrus
9. Benefits Of Orthodontics In Phoenix
Author: John Marker
10. Impact Of Air Conditioners On Health
Author: Thomas Martinez
11. Herbal Pain Relief Gel Is The Best Solution For Your Sore Body
Author: Shashikant Shukla
12. Natural And Necessary Food For Heart Health
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
13. Benefits Of Pediatric Dentistry In Golden Valley
Author: Richard Brown
14. Top Dentistry Conferences | Emedevents
15. Upcoming Conferences For Cardiology In 2018