ALL >> Education >> View Article
Welcome To Bangladesh Medical College
Total Articles: 1
The College and the attached Hospital in Dhanmondi Campus are accommodated in two 6 storied buildings with arrangements for 500 inpatients. The new building of the Hospital, called the Community Welfare and Health Care Centre (CWHCC), is built to international standards. It has an excellent Outpatient Department in addition to Inpatient facilities. The College also has a modern Accident and Emergency Department. The College has recently acquired a large and modern mobile hospital with a fully air conditioned operation theatre, patient examination and treatment arrangements.
There are 5 large fully air conditioned class rooms with closed circuit televisions for lectures. In addition, there are departmental tutorial rooms attached with the respective departments. The Anatomy Dissection Hall is fully air conditioned. The laboratories of various departments like Pathology, Biochemistry, etc are well equipped with instruments.
Each class is provided with overhead projector, slide projector and microphone system. In addition, multimedia projectors and computers are also available for teaching.
The College has a modern fully air conditioned library located on the first floor. The library has a collection of over 6674 books including expensive latest monographs. It subscribes 16 international medical journals on an annual basis. The library has accommodation for seating 100 students and 15 teachers at any given time. The Medical Education Unit (MEU) is attached to the library. MEU has 5 computers for use by students and faculty members. Fax, Internet and E-mail facilities are freely available and are widely used. MEDLINE database (1966 to current) is available on CD Roms and online through the Internet. Teaching materials are also available on CD Rom and videocassettes.
The objectives of the Institute are
1. To promote and provide studies in medical science leading to recognized graduate and postgraduate degrees.
2. To conduct research work on the diseases prevalent in the country
3. To conduct research on medical education with the aim of raising the standard of medical education in the country
4. To provide skilled manpower in the medical, nursing and paramedical fields
5. To provide quality medical care and health services to people at reasonable cost
The establishment of a medical college imparting medical education leading to recognized medical degree was taken as the first and foremost aim of the Institute. Through the tireless efforts of the Founder Members the dream was realized against much opposition when permission was accorded by the Government of Bangladesh for the creation of the College on 13 April 1986.
The College has been enlisted in the World Directory of Medical Schools effective 1986 published by the World Health Organization which entitles the graduates of BMC recognition all over the world. Graduates of BMC are eligible for limited registration with the General Medical Council of United Kingdom. They are also eligible to take the United States Medical License Examination (USMLE). Now the college has a new 6 storied academic building with adequate parking facilities. It has now been possible to accommodate most of the departments in more spacious place.
The attached Hospital is a tertiary care referral medical facility and provides excellent training to students and junior doctors. The Hospital has arrangements for 500 inpatients. It is well equipped and provides quality health care to the public at reasonable cost. The entire hospital staff is dedicated to excellence and service.
Education Articles1. Guide For Final Year Engineering Student
Author: Ravi Gupta
2. Node Js Learning Institute In Delhi
Author: Dixit Mishra
3. Accredited And Recognized Management Institute
4. The Most Effective Method To Turn Students Into Responsible Digital Leaders
Author: Manish Ranjan
5. 4 Hidden Features In Java 9
6. Job Interview Tips: Interview Style Tips For Men And Women
7. Extremely Useful Php Tools
8. Guide To Select The Right It Training Institute For Career
Author: Smita Patel
9. What Are The Advantages Of Enrolling In A Hr Management Courses
10. Why Should Your Child Attend A Preschool In Albuquerque?
Author: Shirley Padilla
11. Java Gets Free Intellij Idea Licenses
12. How Devops Certification Is Important For Your Career
13. How Important It Is For Everyone To Enrol Into A Pte Institute
Author: Mia Seal
14. Why Should You Send Your Kid To The Child Care In Erskine Park?
Author: Katherine Harris
15. Buying Dashboard Cam Guide
Author: toni allen