ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Total Articles: 5
Greenhouse gardening is an advanced form of gardening preferred mostly by people who love gardening. A green house garden is one where plants are allowed to grow under controlled climatic conditions. Various specific seasonal plants can be grown in a green house despite their seasonal occurrence.
Considerations for climate control in green house garden
• Good air circulation is extremely important for the plants to be healthy, which helps in strengthening the tissue in the stems and decreases the attack of the plants from fungi.
• Dense plant growth interferes with the air circulation and contributes to high humidity.
• Ensure to leave proper space between the plants such that the leaves of the adjacent plants don’t touch each other.
• In closed green houses, carbon dioxide depletes as it is the primary element that plants take for their metabolism. Therefore, proper ventilation has to be provided by changing the air supply at least once every morning.
• Temperature in the greenhouse can be controlled by installing heaters, fans and vents.
• Even though the green house are well designed with solar efficient generation the outside environment are cold and necessary heat is required for keeping the plants growing at an optimum rate.
• In case of attached units, the hot air can be directed inside the home while in free standing units the hot air present have to be exited allowing the cool air to enter.
• Automatic systems of ventilation are costly, but they help in saving time and reduce either excessive cooling or heating.
• Investigate the temperatures required for your plants to be grown in green house, and the heating system can be installed according to the requirement.
• Light levels in the green house garden have to be monitored by checking the shade patterns.
• Spring seedlings require flourescent lights during cloudy regions.
• Ornamental plants also be healthier and attractive by supplementation of light.
• Green houses don’t produce bulky plants as it is the case in rain forests.
• Relative humidity around 70-85 % should be maintained during high growing periods.
• Humidity level at 90-95 % weakens the plant growth and fungal attack occurs.
• Gardens present in arid climates can be sprayed with water on the floor to increase the humidity levels.
• Humidity levels can be decreased by exhausting or ventilating the humid air and watering regularly.
Soils and fertility
• Soil mixes for benches, containers and beds should be fertile and more lighter than the garden soils.
• Soil mixes that are good drain fast, hold up the moisture level and contain slow and balanced release of organic nutrients with being slightly acidic.
• A potting mix should contain two parts of compost, two parts of soil, one part of peat moss and one part of vermiculite.
• Fertilize very less in winter when soil has cool temperatures which allows the microorganism to inhibit.
It is essential to consider climate conditions when gardening in greenhouse offers major benefits and features for the success of green house gardening.
Opinion-corner.net is intended to help people in their daily living by providing updates and opinions on various topics. The website offers comprehensive collection of articles covering expertise information on different topics including categories like business, health, society, shopping, recreation and science. For more details on article categories, visit http://opinion-corner.net/
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Need To Have Removal Tree And Stump?
Author: Elly Knights
2. 4 Things To Consider For Finding The Right Upholstery Cleaning In London
Author: Nick Koych
3. Create A Great 1st Impression With Granite In Your Office Space
4. Common Residential Plumbing Issues
Author: Bob Sander
5. Warning Signs That You Need To Repaint Your Home
Author: Shane Habib
6. Take Stunning Pictures Of Your Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
7. Hiring Professionals To Install Window Film In Palm Beach Gardens
8. Tile Cleaning Melbourne Service: - Wipe Out Your Dirty Tiles
Author: Elly Smith
9. Turbo Cowl Prevents Rain Water, Entrance Of Wild Creatures And Down Draught In The Most Efficient Ma
Author: Jerry Baily
10. If Home Remedies Doesn’t Work To Stop Shower Leaking Call The Experts
Author: Jordan Curr
11. Things You Need To Be Careful Of Before Booking A Pest Control Service
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. The Landscape Constructing Has Been Beneficial To A Greater Extent
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
13. Exclusive Ideas To Decorate Your Roof In A Different Way
Author: Michael Gilmore
14. Things You Need To Be Aware Of The Gutters Of Your Roof
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
15. An Earlier Confirmation Of A Building's Framework Is Needful
Author: Adam Leworthy