ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Total Articles: 6
Greenhouse gardening is an advanced form of gardening preferred mostly by people who love gardening. A green house garden is one where plants are allowed to grow under controlled climatic conditions. Various specific seasonal plants can be grown in a green house despite their seasonal occurrence.
Considerations for climate control in green house garden
• Good air circulation is extremely important for the plants to be healthy, which helps in strengthening the tissue in the stems and decreases the attack of the plants from fungi.
• Dense plant growth interferes with the air circulation and contributes to high humidity.
• Ensure to leave proper space between the plants such that the leaves of the adjacent plants don’t touch each other.
• In closed green houses, carbon dioxide depletes as it is the primary element that plants take for their metabolism. Therefore, proper ventilation has to be provided by changing the air supply at least once every morning.
• Temperature in the greenhouse can be controlled by installing heaters, fans and vents.
• Even though the green house are well designed with solar efficient generation the outside environment are cold and necessary heat is required for keeping the plants growing at an optimum rate.
• In case of attached units, the hot air can be directed inside the home while in free standing units the hot air present have to be exited allowing the cool air to enter.
• Automatic systems of ventilation are costly, but they help in saving time and reduce either excessive cooling or heating.
• Investigate the temperatures required for your plants to be grown in green house, and the heating system can be installed according to the requirement.
• Light levels in the green house garden have to be monitored by checking the shade patterns.
• Spring seedlings require flourescent lights during cloudy regions.
• Ornamental plants also be healthier and attractive by supplementation of light.
• Green houses don’t produce bulky plants as it is the case in rain forests.
• Relative humidity around 70-85 % should be maintained during high growing periods.
• Humidity level at 90-95 % weakens the plant growth and fungal attack occurs.
• Gardens present in arid climates can be sprayed with water on the floor to increase the humidity levels.
• Humidity levels can be decreased by exhausting or ventilating the humid air and watering regularly.
Soils and fertility
• Soil mixes for benches, containers and beds should be fertile and more lighter than the garden soils.
• Soil mixes that are good drain fast, hold up the moisture level and contain slow and balanced release of organic nutrients with being slightly acidic.
• A potting mix should contain two parts of compost, two parts of soil, one part of peat moss and one part of vermiculite.
• Fertilize very less in winter when soil has cool temperatures which allows the microorganism to inhibit.
It is essential to consider climate conditions when gardening in greenhouse offers major benefits and features for the success of green house gardening.
Opinion-corner.net is intended to help people in their daily living by providing updates and opinions on various topics. The website offers comprehensive collection of articles covering expertise information on different topics including categories like business, health, society, shopping, recreation and science. For more details on article categories, visit http://opinion-corner.net/
Home and Garden Articles1. Salient Information For Hiring Home Design Service
Author: Rick Lopez
2. Easy Tips To Maintain Your Artificial Lawn
Author: Tim Kennedy
3. Reasons You Require Emergency Garage Door Service In Washington Dc
4. Glass Replacement Sydney Made Easy
Author: Sarah Addyson
5. Emergency Glass Repair For Any Application
Author: Sarah Addyson
6. Get Back The Sparkle Of Your Sofa By Hiring Professional Sofa Cleaning Services
Author: Nikolay Milchev
7. What Are The Tips That A Homeowner Should Consider While They Are Installing A Wooden Fence?
Author: Blake Luby
8. Remodelling Your Living Room? Get The Tips On Selection Of The Colour Combinations Of Paints
Author: Shane Habib
9. What Is Commercial Cabinetry And Why Is It Necessary
Author: FL Moving
10. Decorate Your Home With Custom Woodcarving Doors!
Author: Glen Burrese
11. Why We Need High-quality Cannabis Seeds?
Author: Simon Gluck
12. 5 House Cleaning Tips To Follow In Salinas Ca
Author: Terra Cleaning Services
13. How Online Directory Helps You To Find The Right Service Providers Under A Single Roof?
Author: Cleo Davies
14. How Come Upholstery Cleaning Must Certainly Not Be Overlooked
15. Upholstery Cleaning - Enhancing Your Wellness