ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
10 Steps To Repair A Water Damaged Iphone
Total Articles: 14
No matter how careful you are, sometimes fate happens, your hand slips and suddenly your iPhone is taking a bath. You may think your iPhone is now a goner, but there are tricks and tips you can try in an effort to revive your device.
Steps to Repair a Water Damaged iPhone
1. First things first, get the iPhone out of the water and dry it. Do not plug it in, if it was already plugged in when it took the dip, very carefully take it out. The iPhone will probably freeze and shut down, do not turn it on otherwise it might short circuit and cause irreparable damage to important components.
2. If in case the phone does not turn itself off and remains in the sleep mode. It is highly recommended that you leave it in sleep mode and hope that a nothing activates it for 48 hours because if it does, there is a high probability that it will short circuit. However, if you are a popular person, and your phone was not in the airplane mode, it is recommended that you take a chance and shut it down yourself.
3. Check for the water damage indicator. Each iPhone has a small indicator that tells repair technicians that the phone has received water damage. The indicator is a piece of plastic that turns red when it comes in contact with too much water. You can check this indicator yourself to see if your phone may be damaged. Use a flashlight to help you see inside the port. This indicator usually means that you likely won't qualify for a free repair, in which case you may want to consider fixing the phone yourself.
iPhone 5 and up - Look for a red indicator in the SIM tray port on the screen side of the phone.
iPhone 4S - Look for a red indicator in the charging port or in the headphone jack.
4. If the iPhone was in a case, remove it. Also, remove the sim card and leave the hatch open.
5. Wipe off the excess water on the iPhone and try shaking it as firmly, yet securely, as you can manage to aid the water that seeped into the device to drain out of the sim hatch.
6. Place the iPhone in a warm, dry location. The best way to get rid of the water inside of your iPhone is to simply let it air dry in a warm place for as long as possible.
Many guides will report that placing your iPhone in a bag of rice will help draw the water out. This has been proven false--simply letting your iPhone air dry is the most effective way to fix it.
Air drying will be more effective if you are able to remove the battery from the iPhone.
7. Do not use a hair dryer or other heat-based methods to dry off the device, because excessive heat will damage important parts. Use a fan or place it in front of a cooling vent, if available.
8. One of the most popular methods is submerging the iPhone into uncooked rice. Rice is super absorbent, which is why they will absorb any moisture in the device. Although, there is a drawback; submerging the iPhone in rice may result in dust or rice grains getting stuck in the ports.
9. A good alternative to rice is silica gel. Gather as many silica gel sachets as you can and surround your iPhone with them. Leave it for 48 hours and it will suck away the moisture from the device.
10. If you are one of those confident DIYers you can buy a third-party water damage repair kit and use it to dismantle the iPhone and dry it from the inside. However, dismantling will invalidate the phones warranty coverage.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Best Repair Service Provider For Your Motorola Phone Repairs
Author: UK Motorola Phone Repairs
2. The Role Of Ai In Improving Customer Experience
Author: Amit Tiwari
3. Erp Software
4. Situations When A Mobile Mechanic Can Be The Reason Of Your Headache
Author: Jason Bower
5. Global Video Management Software Market Size And Market Share
Author: Shivani Singh
6. Working Principle Of Car Jump Starter
7. Benefits Of Information Technology In Business
8. What You Can Assume From The Leaked New Lg Phone Model
Author: LG Repairer
9. Smart Wireless Sensors For Easy Monitoring
Author: Ubi Bot
10. Telstra 4gx Wifi Pro E5787 Vs Optus Modem Ac800s
11. Procedure To Create The Digital Marketing Campaign
Author: James Belly
12. Solar Energy Capacity Goes Up In India
Author: Abhishek Sawant
13. Global Automatic Identification And Data Capture Market Trend
14. Your Roadmap To An Honest Mobile Application Development Tactic
Author: Emma Watson
15. Gan Power Device Market Segmentation, Opportunities, Trends & Future Scope To 2025
Author: Rajani Bele