ALL >> Health >> View Article
The Top 5 Things You Need To Know About Laser Skin Resurfacing
Total Articles: 39
So you are contemplating a laser skin resurfacing session in Bangalore and you are about to start your journey down the rabbit hole called Google but before you do so here is a closer look at some of the key things that you should know about laser skin resurfacing.
First things first – Laser skin resurfacing is a proven method to get rid of wrinkles, acne scars, age spots, other blemishes and also tighten the skin and balance tone. But the common dilemma that faces one is because lasers tend to do a lot it is very easy to lose sight of your original goals and succumb to marketing pressures of things that you don’t even really need. Instead, focus on your goals – what are the skin problems you want to address and what results are you hoping for? Don’t get caught up in different brand names and competing devices and methods.
1. The time of laser resurfacing makes a difference
Did you know that autumn is considered “laser season”? Because laser-treated skin is hypersensitive to sun exposure for up to a year after undergoing certain procedures, many cosmetic surgeons recommend undergoing laser resurfacing during fall or winter months when daytime hours are shorter and most of the time is spent indoors.
Irrespective of the time you do the resurfacing, wear a broad-spectrum SPF 30 or higher sunscreen daily and reapply as needed. This not only helps to keep your results looking their best, it also provides protection against skin cancer and helps prevent additional premature aging.
2. Treatment may hurt – or it may not
How does laser resurfacing feel like? It depends on the laser, the area and depth of treatment, and an individual’s tolerance for pain.
Depending on the procedure, if some layers of skin are removed, those laser treatments may require local anesthetic injections or intravenous sedation to keep a patient comfortable.
On the other hand, there are some other laser treatments that pass through the skin without removing layers and cause little or no pain. A topical numbing cream is enough in these cases. Following the procedure, some areas remain tender for some time.
3. Having dark skin does not mean no laser resurfacing
A common misconception is that laser resurfacing is only safe for light skin types. Some lasers do pose a higher risk for cell damage or discoloration in the darker skin but there are other resurfacing options. For lighter-toned African American, Hispanic or Asian skin tones, Erbium lasers can sometimes be a good option posing less risk for discoloration. Radio frequency treatments or micro needling can be skin resurfacing options for patients with darker brown or black skin.
Consulting a laser resurfacing treatment provider with extensive knowledge and experience of working with darker skinned patients will ensure safe and effective treatment for you.
4. The person doing the laser resurfacing procedure matters
You can dramatically improve your skin’s appearance provided laser skin resurfacing is done by a highly knowledgeable, trained and experienced professional. In the hands of a poorly trained individual, lasers can be ineffective and even dangerous. Be sure to find out about the credentials of the doctor performing the laser surgery. Don’t go by brand names or offers.
5. Some medicines or conditions are not good for laser treatment
Before starting any treatment, you need to be honest with your plastic surgeon in Bangalore about your medical history and medications. For example, people who use medicines for acne can suffer from poor healing or scarring from laser resurfacing while people who use aspirin are at increased risk of post-procedure bleeding.
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat