ALL >> Education >> View Article
Top Three Design Schools In India You Should Know About
Total Articles: 178
Design is a broad field that deals with a lot of aspects and industries. People looking to study design need to pursue a design course from reputed colleges so as to get better opportunities in their careers. However, before you go looking for colleges, you should know the top institutions in India that provide the best courses in the field.
Here is a look at the best design schools in India , where you should seek admission if you want to pursue a career in design.
1. National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
Established in 1961, the NID is one of the most reputed institutions in India. It offers both graduate and post-graduate degrees to students. The bachelor’s course in design lasts for 4 years. Students can specialize in one of 8 disciplines. This includes Animation Film Design, Film and Video Communication, Graphic Design and Textile Design among others.
For people looking to pursue their post graduate studies here, the design school offers 2.5 year long programmes on 19 fields of design. Ph.D programmes are also available at the campus for students looking to get a doctorate on the subject. Not only is NID a top design school in India, it also ranks among the 50 top design schools in the world.
2. Industrial Design Centre, IIT Mumbai
Another Indian design school listed in the top 50 institutions offering such courses in the world is IDC which was established in 1969. The campus offers Master’s degree and Ph.D on design courses. An entrance examination is also conducted for undergraduates and the test is known as UCEED. IDC students can also expect campus placements at multinational and well-reputed companies such as Microsoft and Tata Motors.
Students from the institution have achieved great success all over the world. For instance, Satyandre Pakhale, one of the designers that Vogue lists in its most influential creative people in the world, was a former alumnus of the college.
3. Indian School of Design and Innovation, Mumbai
The newest design school among those listed here, ISDI’s first batch of students were admitted back in 2013. However, in this very short span of time, the institution has managed to make quite a reputation for itself. A four year undergraduate program is present, but if students want to specialize on the subject, they can also opt for an additional 3 year master’s program on the design courses as well.
So, if you are looking to study design in India, the three institutions listed above may be the best option for you.
Author Bio:-Ritwik Kapoor is a lecturer in one of the top designing school in India. Through this write-up, he informs the readers about the best design schools in India. Being a lecturer, he is also a passionate blogger who keeps individuals updated with new designing courses. His other passion includes travelling and reading.
Education Articles1. Tpsc Previous Year Question Papers
Author: TPSC Previous Papers
2. Need To Know About Best B.tech College In Lucknow
3. Best Computer Science Books
Author: SUMIT SINGH
4. 5 Strategies For Improvement Of Writing Skills
5. Univariety | Student Career Guidance | Alumni System
6. Why Cable Avoidance Training Is Essential
Author: Peter Ashcroft
7. Assignment Writing Help Usa How To Get Online Assignment Help In Usa
Author: james smith
8. Microsoft 70-705 Practice Exam Questions
Author: Alexia Aaurora
9. Choose Independent College Counselor For Getting The Best College
Author: Alvina Joseph
10. Career Advice On How To Write A Resume Effectively For All Industries
11. Explore The Essential Benefits Of Bim For Mep Engineering
12. Top 4 Reasons Why Java Will Remain Important For Many Years To Come
Author: SCP Academy
13. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Python Language With Python Training Program
14. Best Php Training In Bhopal For You
Author: Sanjay Burman
15. A List Of Best Courses After 12th Science In Medical Field