ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Development Of Smart Highways For Smart Future By Akhilesh Srivastava
Total Articles: 8
National highways are the life-lines of our country’s transportation, trade, and travel. So the concept of “smart highways” and “smart roads” hold a lot of potential in India. In the recent era of digital innovation, it has become essential for the National Highways in India to cope up with the transformation. The “smart highways” sector will effectively use information technology, which is expected to be automated, and interactive.
Under the supervision of Mr. Akhilesh Srivastava, Chief General Manager (IT & Highway Operation), NHAI, has taken few initiatives to redesign the Indian Highways. The most significant improvement of the highway commute experience is the technological innovation and their effective implementation. The new initiatives introduced by Akhilesh Srivastava are:
• Incorporation of RFID-enabled Electronic Toll Collection system
• The pilot on GPS-enabled tolling system between the Delhi-Mumbai
• Implementation of Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) on
• Implementation of Advanced Emergency Incident Management System
• Wayside Amenities Mega-project
• Hi-tech monitoring/planning, operations, and maintenance of NHs
His effort for the modernising the transport industry is endorsed by the Indian Government. The Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC) has bestowed the Vishwakarma Award in “Public Officer” category to him. His efforts of modernising the Highway sector by integration of IT in Highway Projects to escalate speed & quality of construction is acclaimed.
He has implemented many other projects like Road Asset Management System (RAMS) and Incident Management System (IMS) FASTag, etc. FASTag provided a non-stop journey on the highways, travellers are happy with the services of the toll plaza operators. Radio Frequency Identification technology digitises the money transaction in the toll and reduced the woes of using cash. The entire nation is calibrating the same concept in all the National Highways and the head of the Highway Operations Division, Mr. Akhilesh Srivastava has been mobilizing the same ideas further.
For the efficient management of the existing facilities and highways assets, the NHAI has created a new division called the Highway Operation Division; it primarily focuses on all non-commercial operational activities. This Division is headed by the CGM (IT & Highway Operations) Shri Akhilesh Srivastava, who is the in-charge for the effective implementation of Electronic tolling, Wayside amenities, Road safety and security, Traffic management & other modern amenities like WiFi on the national highways.
Mr Akhilesh Srivastava also implemented ODR in the construction sector of India. He easily identifies the outstanding opportunity of ODR as a viable option in resolving construction disputes. With lots of disputes in the construction sector, modernisation is not possible in time, as resolving the disputes become costly and time-consuming. According to Mr Srivastava, the implementation of ORD will not only solve the issues easily but also creates job opportunities for a large number of software engineers and law practitioners.
The efforts of Mr Akhilesh Srivastava, Chief General Manager (IT &Operations), NHAI, of modernising the Highway sector by integration of IT in Highway Projects to escalate speed &quality of construction is acclaimed. The Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC) has bestowed the Vishwakarma Award in “Public Officer” category to him.
Travel Articles1. Choosing A Good Accommodation In Monte Vista
Author: Mike Suthar
2. What Are The Best Seasons To Trek Nepal?
Author: Sandip Sharma
3. Bring Home Memories Worth A Lifetime From Thailand
Author: Touris Thai
4. E-visa Sri Lanka: Say Goodbye To Your Sri Lankan E-visa Worries
Author: E-Visa Sri Lanka
5. Plan Your Bike Ride To Get Ready To Conquer The Terrains Of Leh Ladakh
Author: Komal Ranaa
6. Same Day Agra Tour With Fatehpur
Author: Carrie Asby
7. Quick Guide To Know How To Get Pr In Australia.
Author: Jason Briggs
8. Manali Honeymoon Tour Packages
Author: kuldeep dogra
9. Car Rental Bangalore
10. Find Reliable Taxi Cab To Airport Services For Best Travel Experience
11. Reap The Benefits Of Cheap Twin Centre Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. Explore Interesting Attractions With Your Dubai Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
13. For Those Special Events In Life, Phoenix Executive Car Services Could Be Either The Best Asset
Author: Unknown Member
14. 4 Majestic Places To Enjoy Your Honeymoon Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
15. We’ll Cover Your Wedding Travel Needs With Limousine Service In Dc
Author: We’ll Cover Your Wedding Travel Needs with Limousi