ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Development Of Smart Highways For Smart Future By Akhilesh Srivastava
Total Articles: 8
National highways are the life-lines of our country’s transportation, trade, and travel. So the concept of “smart highways” and “smart roads” hold a lot of potential in India. In the recent era of digital innovation, it has become essential for the National Highways in India to cope up with the transformation. The “smart highways” sector will effectively use information technology, which is expected to be automated, and interactive.
Under the supervision of Mr. Akhilesh Srivastava, Chief General Manager (IT & Highway Operation), NHAI, has taken few initiatives to redesign the Indian Highways. The most significant improvement of the highway commute experience is the technological innovation and their effective implementation. The new initiatives introduced by Akhilesh Srivastava are:
• Incorporation of RFID-enabled Electronic Toll Collection system
• The pilot on GPS-enabled tolling system between the Delhi-Mumbai
• Implementation of Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) on
• Implementation of Advanced Emergency Incident Management System
• Wayside Amenities Mega-project
• Hi-tech monitoring/planning, operations, and maintenance of NHs
His effort for the modernising the transport industry is endorsed by the Indian Government. The Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC) has bestowed the Vishwakarma Award in “Public Officer” category to him. His efforts of modernising the Highway sector by integration of IT in Highway Projects to escalate speed & quality of construction is acclaimed.
He has implemented many other projects like Road Asset Management System (RAMS) and Incident Management System (IMS) FASTag, etc. FASTag provided a non-stop journey on the highways, travellers are happy with the services of the toll plaza operators. Radio Frequency Identification technology digitises the money transaction in the toll and reduced the woes of using cash. The entire nation is calibrating the same concept in all the National Highways and the head of the Highway Operations Division, Mr. Akhilesh Srivastava has been mobilizing the same ideas further.
For the efficient management of the existing facilities and highways assets, the NHAI has created a new division called the Highway Operation Division; it primarily focuses on all non-commercial operational activities. This Division is headed by the CGM (IT & Highway Operations) Shri Akhilesh Srivastava, who is the in-charge for the effective implementation of Electronic tolling, Wayside amenities, Road safety and security, Traffic management & other modern amenities like WiFi on the national highways.
Mr Akhilesh Srivastava also implemented ODR in the construction sector of India. He easily identifies the outstanding opportunity of ODR as a viable option in resolving construction disputes. With lots of disputes in the construction sector, modernisation is not possible in time, as resolving the disputes become costly and time-consuming. According to Mr Srivastava, the implementation of ORD will not only solve the issues easily but also creates job opportunities for a large number of software engineers and law practitioners.
The efforts of Mr Akhilesh Srivastava, Chief General Manager (IT &Operations), NHAI, of modernising the Highway sector by integration of IT in Highway Projects to escalate speed &quality of construction is acclaimed. The Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC) has bestowed the Vishwakarma Award in “Public Officer” category to him.
Travel Articles1. How Car Rental Services In Odisha Is Doing Decent Business
Author: Bhubaneswar Taxi Service
2. Choose Easy Trekking Tour In Nepal To Explore Beautiful Himalayan Peak
3. Kanchenjunga - Amazing Trekking Destination In Nepal
4. Top-level Transport For A Destination Wedding Including Family In Dc With A Charter Bus Dc
5. Quell Your Pre-wedding Jitters With Calming Wedding Limo Service Near Me
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
6. Book A Taxi Cab Online For Hassle Free Travel Experience
7. Amazing Wildlife Tours: The Rewards Of Bonding With Wildlife
8. Amazing Advantages Of Having A Good Time With Animals If You Are On Tour
9. Hire Cheap Taxi To Luton Airport From London
Author: jack pero
10. Cherish An Outstanding View Of Himalaya And Naini Lake Whilst Enjoying Other Facilities At Best Hote
11. 7 Not To Miss Travel Apps, But You Missed
Author: Amit Singh
12. Fully Participatory Destination Wedding Arrangements With A Party Or Charter Bus Phoenix
Author: John wick
13. Adventure & Exciting Andaman Tour Packages For You & Your Family
Author: Chalo Emerald
14. How Can The Best Andaman Tours & Travel Agency Make Your Holiday Of Dreams Come True?
Author: Chalo Emerald
15. Lake Norman Airport Transportation Offers A Dependable And Responsible Way To Airport
Author: Hussein Hegazy