ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Akhilesh Srivastava Is One Of The Key Persons Involved In The Wayside Amenities Project
Total Articles: 8
The infrastructure growth in India is signaling a positive trend. Every sector is experiencing the same and Highways sector isn’t an exception. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has embarked on a mission to facilitate commuters and traders with different facilities, which reflects its commitment to developing the commuter-centric infrastructure. Accordingly, the Highway operations division, which is headed by Mr Akhilesh Srivastava, was asked to execute the much-touted Wayside Amenities Project by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
Mr Akhilesh Srivastava, who is CGM of IT and Highway operations division of NHAI, has been known for his tech-savvy nature. Under his leadership, many of the prestigious projects like FASTag and RAMS have been successfully implemented by the Highway operations division. He has been active in executing the Wayside Amenities Project.
Wayside Amenities Project
This project is unfolded with different objectives. If executed according to the plan, this project would reap many benefits for commuters as well as traders. Under this project, the NHAI has come up with a plan of developing three amenity models/brands across the national highway network. This mega project has been implementing the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model, which is first of its kind in development of amenities. The proposed models/brands by the NHAI are Highway Nests, Highway Nests (Mini), and Highway Villages.
The Highway Nests would be providing the commuters with facilities such as Dhabas, Hotels, Parking spaces, Haats, and so forth. These facilities will be developed within 5 acres of land. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) asked farmers, whose lands are abutting national highways, to contribute their part by providing land to this project.
Except for the area of the land, the amenities that are to be developed under the brand name “Highway village” would be same as Highway Nests. Highway Villages will be developed in an area more than 5 acres of land.
Highway Nests (Mini)
These are kiosks that serve highways’ commuters with packaged food and water ATMs.
The farmers, who would be contributing their agricultural lands to this project, would be given preference in allocating franchise rights.
Objectives of this project
This project would be serving multiple objectives like:
• Generating employment
• As facilities like Hotels, Haats, and Repair shops are going
to be set up under this project, this project is expected to
provide employment opportunities to 2 Million people.
• Bring down the number of stress-induced accidents
According to NHAI, the Indian Highways have been witnessing a high number of accidents for many reasons. Stress is one of the reasons that are triggering accidents on the national highways. So, the facilities that are going to be developed under this project would be acting as stress-busters to commuters. The truckers will be provided with proper parking facilities and dormitories, where they can rest for some time and continue their journeys.
Increase the value of land abutting national highways
The farmers, whose land would be acquired for this project, will be getting their lands converted to commercial lands and getting good compensation.
Mr Akhilesh Srivastava has been involved in this prestigious project and also he recently received CIDC Vishwakarma Award for his contribution to the Highways sector infrastructure development in India.
#HighwaysNest #HighwayNestMini #HighwayVillage #AkhileshSrivastava
Travel Articles1. La Ciudad De Marrakech
2. Secure A Deluxe Limo And Feel Like A Star On Your Wedding Day
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Buffalo River Float Trips – Go River Rafting To Enjoy With Your Family
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Bachelorette Party - A Crazy And Classy Night Out With Pittsburgh Limousine Service
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
5. Enjoying The Glamour And The Luxury Of Dc Limo
Author: Enjoying the Glamour and the Luxury of DC Limo
6. Limo Hire - Limo Hire London | Party Bus Hire London
7. Jeju Island And Busan Tour
Author: Tommy Na
8. Event Photographer In Argentina Can Capture Those Precious Touring Moments In The Camera!
Author: Cogert Ayala
9. Know How Owning A Shipping Container Will Benefit You
Author: Catherine Jade
10. Enjoy The Best Of Fujairah City Tours
11. Explore The Paradise By Luxurious Tour Packages
Author: Ankit Patel
12. Have An Exceptional Super Jeep Iceland Ride
Author: Ice Rovers
13. Cape Town Offers A Plethora Of Thrilling Mtb Cycling Routes That Make Each Tour Exciting
Author: Mark Robert Lawson
14. Clearly Honor Your Vows With Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
15. Get Pleasure From A Budget Tour In Kenya - A Leading Holiday Destination In Africa
Author: Nadzua Matara