ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Akhilesh Srivastava Is One Of The Key Persons Involved In The Wayside Amenities Project
Total Articles: 8
The infrastructure growth in India is signaling a positive trend. Every sector is experiencing the same and Highways sector isn’t an exception. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has embarked on a mission to facilitate commuters and traders with different facilities, which reflects its commitment to developing the commuter-centric infrastructure. Accordingly, the Highway operations division, which is headed by Mr Akhilesh Srivastava, was asked to execute the much-touted Wayside Amenities Project by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
Mr Akhilesh Srivastava, who is CGM of IT and Highway operations division of NHAI, has been known for his tech-savvy nature. Under his leadership, many of the prestigious projects like FASTag and RAMS have been successfully implemented by the Highway operations division. He has been active in executing the Wayside Amenities Project.
Wayside Amenities Project
This project is unfolded with different objectives. If executed according to the plan, this project would reap many benefits for commuters as well as traders. Under this project, the NHAI has come up with a plan of developing three amenity models/brands across the national highway network. This mega project has been implementing the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model, which is first of its kind in development of amenities. The proposed models/brands by the NHAI are Highway Nests, Highway Nests (Mini), and Highway Villages.
The Highway Nests would be providing the commuters with facilities such as Dhabas, Hotels, Parking spaces, Haats, and so forth. These facilities will be developed within 5 acres of land. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) asked farmers, whose lands are abutting national highways, to contribute their part by providing land to this project.
Except for the area of the land, the amenities that are to be developed under the brand name “Highway village” would be same as Highway Nests. Highway Villages will be developed in an area more than 5 acres of land.
Highway Nests (Mini)
These are kiosks that serve highways’ commuters with packaged food and water ATMs.
The farmers, who would be contributing their agricultural lands to this project, would be given preference in allocating franchise rights.
Objectives of this project
This project would be serving multiple objectives like:
• Generating employment
• As facilities like Hotels, Haats, and Repair shops are going
to be set up under this project, this project is expected to
provide employment opportunities to 2 Million people.
• Bring down the number of stress-induced accidents
According to NHAI, the Indian Highways have been witnessing a high number of accidents for many reasons. Stress is one of the reasons that are triggering accidents on the national highways. So, the facilities that are going to be developed under this project would be acting as stress-busters to commuters. The truckers will be provided with proper parking facilities and dormitories, where they can rest for some time and continue their journeys.
Increase the value of land abutting national highways
The farmers, whose land would be acquired for this project, will be getting their lands converted to commercial lands and getting good compensation.
Mr Akhilesh Srivastava has been involved in this prestigious project and also he recently received CIDC Vishwakarma Award for his contribution to the Highways sector infrastructure development in India.
#HighwaysNest #HighwayNestMini #HighwayVillage #AkhileshSrivastava
Travel Articles1. How Car Rental Services In Odisha Is Doing Decent Business
Author: Bhubaneswar Taxi Service
2. Choose Easy Trekking Tour In Nepal To Explore Beautiful Himalayan Peak
3. Kanchenjunga - Amazing Trekking Destination In Nepal
4. Top-level Transport For A Destination Wedding Including Family In Dc With A Charter Bus Dc
5. Quell Your Pre-wedding Jitters With Calming Wedding Limo Service Near Me
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
6. Book A Taxi Cab Online For Hassle Free Travel Experience
7. Amazing Wildlife Tours: The Rewards Of Bonding With Wildlife
8. Amazing Advantages Of Having A Good Time With Animals If You Are On Tour
9. Hire Cheap Taxi To Luton Airport From London
Author: jack pero
10. Cherish An Outstanding View Of Himalaya And Naini Lake Whilst Enjoying Other Facilities At Best Hote
11. 7 Not To Miss Travel Apps, But You Missed
Author: Amit Singh
12. Fully Participatory Destination Wedding Arrangements With A Party Or Charter Bus Phoenix
Author: John wick
13. Adventure & Exciting Andaman Tour Packages For You & Your Family
Author: Chalo Emerald
14. How Can The Best Andaman Tours & Travel Agency Make Your Holiday Of Dreams Come True?
Author: Chalo Emerald
15. Lake Norman Airport Transportation Offers A Dependable And Responsible Way To Airport
Author: Hussein Hegazy