ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Akhilesh Srivastava- One Of The Finest Tech-architects Of Indian Highways
Total Articles: 8
With the technology unfolding its applications in various fields, governments of the day aren’t turning a blind eye towards the technology. E-governance has evolved as a separate discipline due to the advantages it carries. The Government of India has something special in this regard. It embraced many of the technological advancements for administrative purposes with open arms. It encouraged tech-savvy bureaucrats to come up with tech-based initiatives to tackle day to day problems. Mr Akhilesh Srivastava, who is CGM of IT and Highway Operations division in the National Highways Authority of India, is one of the most relied government bureaucrats.
Under the astute leadership of Mr Akhilesh Srivastava, the NHAI ran miles in its journey to adopt technology and has been making unprecedented moves. Some of the well-known projects that have taken a good shape under the guidance of Mr Srivastava are FASTag, RAMS,GPS based Tolling, and Incident Management System.
Mr Srivastava has been one of the key persons involved in this project from its inception. The main purpose behind launching this ambitious project is to provide seamless travel experience to highways’ commuters. The NHAI is planning to extend this project all over India within a year. The Government of India already made it mandatory for every new vehicle purchased after November 2017 and also asked the NHAI to develop at least one dedicated FASTag Lane on either side of all Toll Plazas.
This project would help the NHAI with important data pertaining to the traffic on national highways. The NHAI can make use of the data in the efficient execution of its future projects and the maintenance of the highways.
Advanced Traffic Incident Management System
To reduce the fatality rate in accidents, the NHAI’s operations division, which is under the leadership of Mr Akhilesh Srivastava, has come up with the Advanced Traffic Incident Management. Under this, the division will be powered with the necessary machinery like Ambulances, Patrolling vehicles, and other emergency-related equipment.
To leverage the data pertaining to the land abutting national highways of India, the NHAI has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). Under this MoU, the satellite data of national highways will be shared by the space agency to the NHAI. Using the data, the NHAI could develop future projects in a well-planned way.
The resources alongside national highways would be finely mapped and monetised by the NHAI with this RAMS project.
ICT in monitoring and executing projects
The Highway operations division of NHAI, which is guided by experienced and tech-savvy bureaucrat Mr Akhilesh Srivastava, has been implementing and executing the developing projects in a time-bound manner using Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
This sort of technologies can help the NHAI to deal with the abnormal delays while executing projects. And, also ICTs are paving for efficiency and transparency in the highway operation, thus reaffirming the NHAI’s commitment along with the accountability.
Under Mr Srivastava’s supervision, the NHAI has started a GPS-based tolling as a pilot project, which if proven successful would be implemented across India.
#AkhileshSrivastava #RAMS #GPSbasedTolling #FASTag
Travel Articles1. How Car Rental Services In Odisha Is Doing Decent Business
Author: Bhubaneswar Taxi Service
2. Choose Easy Trekking Tour In Nepal To Explore Beautiful Himalayan Peak
3. Kanchenjunga - Amazing Trekking Destination In Nepal
4. Top-level Transport For A Destination Wedding Including Family In Dc With A Charter Bus Dc
5. Quell Your Pre-wedding Jitters With Calming Wedding Limo Service Near Me
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
6. Book A Taxi Cab Online For Hassle Free Travel Experience
7. Amazing Wildlife Tours: The Rewards Of Bonding With Wildlife
8. Amazing Advantages Of Having A Good Time With Animals If You Are On Tour
9. Hire Cheap Taxi To Luton Airport From London
Author: jack pero
10. Cherish An Outstanding View Of Himalaya And Naini Lake Whilst Enjoying Other Facilities At Best Hote
11. 7 Not To Miss Travel Apps, But You Missed
Author: Amit Singh
12. Fully Participatory Destination Wedding Arrangements With A Party Or Charter Bus Phoenix
Author: John wick
13. Adventure & Exciting Andaman Tour Packages For You & Your Family
Author: Chalo Emerald
14. How Can The Best Andaman Tours & Travel Agency Make Your Holiday Of Dreams Come True?
Author: Chalo Emerald
15. Lake Norman Airport Transportation Offers A Dependable And Responsible Way To Airport
Author: Hussein Hegazy