ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
All You Need To Know About The Hipaa Compliant Healthcare App Development Process
Total Articles: 1
If you are in healthcare app business, then this blog is very important for you to read. Healthcare apps contain confidential health-related information of the patients. Patients share this personal medical data with physicians and other entities. This sensitive medical details of patients come under Protected Health Information (PHI).
In order to ensure safe exchange of this sensitive health-related data it is significant to make your health app HIPAA compliant.
What Is The Privacy Rule Of HIPAA?
HIPAA stands for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. This organization is responsible for data privacy and security provisions for protecting confidential medical information of the patients. The HIPAA privacy rule was issued by the US Department of Health and Human Services. This rule provides individuals with the right to control how their personal health data are being used. This rule has also set regulations for the use and disclosure of personal health-related information by covered entities.
In case of any mishandling of the personal health information or violation of HIPAA an individual can lodge a complaint to the Office of Civil Rights. If the violation found to be true, then there will be civil penalties.
What Are The Rules For Developing A HIPAA Compliant Healthcare App?
• Your health app should contain features to ensure the safety of patients' confidential medical data.
• Your app must have specific features required to have a control over who can access the sensitive clinical information of the patients.
• Your health app should restrict the use and exchange of protected health information to a basic level.
• Your app should have an agreement between business associates and healthcare service providers regarding the use of personal health information of customers.
Is there a Certificate for HIPAA Compliance?
There is no one who can certify that a particular health app is HIPAA compliant yet. The organization who is offering a healthcare app development takes the responsibility, about being HIPAA compliant or not.
What Are The Main Requirements For HIPAA Compliance?
• Training To The Admin Department: This law is connected to the management of staff handling the Protected Health Information (PHI). The medical staff needs to be trained about the rules of HIPAA and they should know how to keep PHI secured.
• Physical Security: This rule is related to the to the security of data. This law also set the regulations for include data failure and redundancy.
• Technical Security: This regulation is concerned with the encoding, decoding and safety of the technical data. It also mentions the procedures of emergency access and audit controls.
In order to develop a secured health app you should always make your app HIPAA compliant. Consider above points and understand what all is there in the process of developing a HIPAA compliant health app.
Hardware/Software Articles1. Stella Microsoft Ost To Pst Converter & Recovery Software
Author: Stella Data Recovery
2. What Is Crm ..?
Author: Brilliant Infosys
3. How To Do Basic Network Management With Snmp
Author: Gambit Communications
4. Help Desk Solutions Software Company In Inida
5. Top 4 Reasons To Hire Software Development Company In Singapore
6. Fear Of Digital Transformation?
Author: Deepak Malhan
7. How Can Enterprise Applications Deliver Value Through Agile Testing In 2019
Author: Diya Jones
8. Top 5 Ways Crm Mobile Apps Are Changing The Crm Industry
Author: Maulik Shah
9. Why Inventory Control Management Is A Necessity
Author: Mirnah Tech
10. Opera Powered Dapps To Htc Blockchain
Author: Manoj Varma
11. Features Of Norton Security For Windows And Mac
Author: Lillian Sonson
12. Why Should Brands Ensure Software Reliability To Remain In Competition?
Author: Diya Jones
13. Why Software Testing Is Important For Effective Qa Strategy?
Author: Diya Jones
14. The Biometric Advantage In Attendance Systems
Author: Robert James
15. Benefits Of Outsourcing To Smaller Companies More Management Time Generally It Is Seen That In A Sm
Author: Sujoy Roy