ALL >> Education >> View Article
Which Are The Best Applications And Areas Of Photogrammetry
Total Articles: 115
Photogrammetry and its history:
Photogrammetry is a technique that works on photographs for making maps and surveying. This technology came into existence in 1851 by the French inventor Aimé Laussedat. He took notice that the recent cameras have the possibilities to map, but the successful application of the technique was after 50 years! In the earlier decade before the World War I, only terrestrial photogrammetry was known.
Later, during the war aerial photogrammetry came into existence. Although, aerial photogrammetry’s primary use was for military purposes until the end of World War II. Further, its standard and industrial uses extended widely.
It is today the principal method of creating maps, especially of challenging areas. Also, its heavy use is in ecological studies and forestry, besides other applications.
Improvements in Photogrammetry
Special cameras take the photographs of the large areas quickly. The blind areas, which stay covered from the sight of terrestrial cameras, are reduced.
Further, each picture gets scaled, using known and marked ground source points; thus, a collection forms that consists thousands of photos.
They use plotting devices and computers to overcome complications.
Instruments which we use in photogrammetry have emerged and became very sophisticated.
Additionally, the developments in the 20th century's second half include satellite photography, large-scale photos, high-quality color photographs, automatic visual scanning. Also, analytical photogrammetry and the use of films sensitive to transmissions beyond the visible spectrum are some of the methods.
The photographic analysis is regarding the study of photographs to recognize objects and is an indispensable part of air survey.
There are numerous uses of photogrammetry which help us in many ways. The areas of applications vary due to the need of several industries.
Photography dates back to 1839.
Photogrammetry helps in preparing topographic maps.
The advantages include-
• The pace to cover an area
• The cost is relatively low
• Ease of obtaining topographic details
• Reduce the likelihood of omitting date due to the enormous volume of data which is displayed in photographs.
It has used in land surveying to measure coordinates of body corner, section corner or points of sign that help to locate these corners.
Photogrammetry is also in use to make shoreline in hydrographic surveying.
Its purpose is to direct ground co-ordinates or points in survey controlling method.
For producing maps and cross-section route (road or railways), plus doing their survey also uses photogrammetry.
Applications in Non-Engineering Areas
Photogrammetry has its successful uses in many non-engineering fields as well, for example, archeology, geology, agriculture, forestry, military intelligence, conservation, accident investigation, traffic management.
It is especially suitable for non-accessible regions, restricted properties (restricted arrears), etc.
The further film industry also has many implementations like, while making 3D computer-imagery scenes with live actions. ‘The Matrix’ is a great and most known example of the use of photogrammetry in movies. Photogrammetry has an extensive use to create photorealistic environmental assets for the video game. For example, the ‘Vanishing of Ethan Carter’ as well as ‘Star Wars Battlefront’ is popular games.
So, as you can see there is the number of uses/applications of photogrammetry in various industries. Therefore, this field has a huge scope now as well as in coming times!
What do you think?
Education Articles1. Qtp Training
Author: SVR TECHNOLOGIES
2. Educating Your Children In The Right Process With An Effective Preschool Education
Author: Lyn Connolly
3. Oracle Fusion Financials Overview – All Need To Know!
4. Top 5 Advantages Of Distance Mba Learning
5. How To Choose The Best Computer Programming Training Course For You
6. Software Training Institutes In Bangalore
Author: first enquiry
7. Welcome To Bangladesh Medical College
Author: Jeson Roy
8. What Is Java And Why To Learn Java?
9. Why Should You Hire Us To Complete Your Online Assignments
Author: Mark Giaccone
10. Benefits Of Aws Certification
Author: Amit Novelvista
11. Digital Marketing Course Training Center In Hyderabad With Google Cert
Author: NIDM Hyderabad
12. Swift: A New Programming Language Developed By Apple
13. How To Stay Committed In An Online Course
Author: Tom Greenfield
14. Top 4 Reasons To Choose Data Science Training
15. Enhance The Possibility Of Reaching Wide Group Of Audience
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni