ALL >> Service >> View Article
How To Reduce Generation Gap
Total Articles: 1
The generation gap is a commonly known phenomenon where youngsters feel misunderstood by their parents & elders because of the difference in age group. Generation gap concerns can be expressed in terms of differences in the responsibilities, opinions and beliefs between people who were born and raised in two different generation. Researcher Levenson observed how millennials are different from their predecessors in not only their stages of development and types of relationships but also there is a large difference in economic opportunities, global competition and education. As they explore the future they strive to cope with this generation gap. It is the difference in social, emotional and cultural beliefs and practices that naturally occurs between two or more subsequent generations. This gap often tends to further create drifts between older parents and their teenage children. Millennials are the generation of youth today who are discovering the challenges of adulthood and are caught in the constant struggle to strike a balance between the ideologies of the past and the technologies of the future. There might be a difference of opinions & days where children feel that parents are not open minded or are too old-fashioned. "My parents do not understand me/my career choice/lifestyle" are few things that may concern a youngster. With the advent of new technology and social media exposure, there could come gaps in information and knowledge, when parents may face trouble in monitoring/controlling/balancing the same. Some changes required to resolve such issues include:
• Mutual respect
• Accept the Difference
• Seek to Understand
• Attempt to Accommodate rather than Change
• Prioritise the Relationship Between the Differences
The two generations have their own unique experiences and perspectives, they are bound to differ in opinions and point of views regarding various aspects of life such as lifestyle, career choices and much more. So, to accept that the differences are natural and that each has a right to their own belief can help in bridging the gap.
How to solve generation gap: Since generation gap exists throughout the globe, it is necessary to understand that the effects cannot be completely eradicated, but, minimised. Some ways where we can seek to minimise to this rising concern is as follows:
• Willingness to settle the issue: If one party unable to accept or negotiate with the change created, then, the issue can become more profound in nature.
• Understanding: This required to settle the concern. Both parties come to an understanding by viewing each concern in detail.
• Since our society consists of both old and new generation, both should equally contribute to maintaining the balance.
• Treat your parents, aunts or uncles as friends who are known to guide you, rather than keeping an ideation that they are “parents- having their own ways and philosophies”.
If you want to know more about I this article then you will go to this URL: https://www.betterlyf.com/teens-and-young-adults/generation-gap.php
Service Articles1. Tips For Maintaining Your Home Foundation.
2. Move Safely And Smoothly: Look For The Best Packers And Movers In Delhi
Author: Ritesh Kumar
3. Cbd Movers – Established Movers Sunshine
Author: Stella Williams
4. Naturally Economical Air Cooling
Author: Tina Singh
5. How To Fix Mcafee Antivirus Error Code 12152?
Author: Aida Martin
6. 4 Decoration Ideas Using Rose Petals
Author: Whole Blossoms
7. Why Led Lights Are Most Ideal Choice For Commercial Use?
Author: PARAM LED LLP
8. Apply These 9 Secret Techniques To Improve Hvac System Efficiency!
9. Contact Hp Technical Support Number When You Facing Hp Issues
Author: Mack Manuel
10. Organize Your Business Processes With Effective Wifi Networking Systems
11. Get Professional Pest Control Noida Service At Best Price
12. Top 10 Bim Future Trends- Significantly Growing In 2018
13. Why Rely On A Commercial Locksmith To Create A Secure Space For Your Business?
Author: Benjamin Kessell
14. The Ultimate Guide On Carpet Cleaning Drying Time
Author: Rod Lee
15. Keep Your Indoor Cool And Electricity Bill Low With Professional Air Conditioning Repair Services
Author: Cool Times