ALL >> Business >> View Article
Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass Part - Iii
Total Articles: 24
Welcome to our patient education video library! Our video animations provide information about various medical conditions including anatomy, symptoms, and treatment procedures in presentations that are simple and easy for patients to understand. We are happy to discuss your condition and treatment options in greater detail and answer any questions you may have. Please call our office at (916) 932-0314 to make an appointment.
Disclaimer: All information presented on this page is intended for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of rendering medical advice. The information contained herein is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass
In Gastric Bypass procedure, a small stomach pouch is created to restrict food intake. Next, a Y-shaped section of the small intestine is attached to the pouch to allow food to bypass the lower stomach, the duodenum (the first segment of the small intestine), and the first portion of the jejunum (the second segment of the small intestine). This bypass reduces the absorption of nutrients and thereby reduces the calorie intake.
LAPAROSCOPIC SLEEVE GASTRECTOMY
Sleeve Gastrectomy (Tube Gastrectomy) procedure involves removing the lateral 2/3rds of the stomach with a stapling device. It can be done laparoscopically ( keyhole surgery) but is not reversible. It basically leaves a stomach tube instead of a stomach sack.
BODY MASS INDEX
Body Mass Index (BMI) is measure of body fat based on height and weight that applies to both adult men and women. BMI does not differentiate between body fat and muscle mass. Therefore, body builders and people who have a lot of muscle bulk will have a high BMI but are not overweight or obese.
BMI is usually a good indicator of body fat for most people. Although it doesn’t directly measure body fat, it closely correlates to direct measures of body fat, such as underwater weighing. BMI is also an inexpensive and easy-to-perform method that can help determine if a person’s current weight could potentially lead to health problems.
It’s important to note that BMI is not a diagnostic tool. Whether a person has a high BMI or low BMI, an individual’s personal measurement should be left to a reputable doctor to determine if excess weight is a health risk. Further assessments may need to be completed including:
• Family history
• Evaluations of diet and physical activity
• Skinfold thickness measurement
For more details on our products and services, please feel free to visit us at Sleeve gastrectomy California, Weight loss surgery California, Obesity California, Gastric banding California & Weight loss California
Business Articles1. Converter Transformer Market Is Projected To Reach $2,316.1 Million By 2020, At A Cagr Of 18.2%
2. The Value Of Solid Representation For Auto Accident Victims
3. The Auto Accident Lawyer That Can Save Your Valuable Life
4. Lexington Ky Car Accidents Lawyer - Obtain The Reasonable Settlement
5. Must I Hire A Car Accident Lawyer For A Commercial Automobile?
6. Obtaining A Car Accident Attorney To Help You After An Auto Accident
7. How To Approach Your Insurance Provider Following A Car Accident
8. Opportunities For Carbon Fiber In The Global Automotive Market Is Expected To Grow At A Cagr Of 7.9%
9. Bleacher Rental Seating
Author: Unknown Member
10. Maximize Your App With These Latest Social Media Marketing Tactics
Author: Anshul Sharma
11. Opportunities For The Global Door And Window Market To Reach $259.8 Billion By 2023
12. How Makeup Artist Can Help You Achieve The Perfect Look For Your Wedding
13. Importance Of Weighing Scales!
14. Daycare In Edison Nj
15. Global Wheel Loader Market Forecast 2018-2023