ALL >> Education >> View Article
How Community-centered Experiential Learning Is Used In Mba
Total Articles: 8
Community-centered experiential learning also known as community engagement or service learning is pedagogy of teaching that meaningfully brings together learning goals and community service in a manner that enhances both the growth of a student as well as common welfare of a society. This teaching practice enriches the learning experience and builds stronger bonds within communities.
According to cognitive research, community-centered learning is among the top four aspects that make for the best learning environment, the other three being: learner-centered learning, knowledge-centered learning and assessment centered learning.
Krupanidhi School Of Management(KSM), amongst the best MBA colleges in Bangalore uses all the above four independent aspects of learning into their teaching pedagogy for management students.
At KSM, there is emphasis on community-centered experiential learning as it fosters norms for peer learning, which promotes ongoing learning and feedback for improvement. In a community, students are encouraged to be involved and active participants, and contribute constructively. As the environment is highly supportive, students don’t fear making mistakes and are able to learn better from the mistakes they make.
Community-centered learning is incorporated into a course in the form of a project that has learning as well as community oriented action goals. Such projects give management students a chance to apply the content of their courses to community based activities. This provides them with the opportunity to learn in the context of the real world while developing community engagement skills. It is indeed a significant teaching methodology.
KSM is one of the few institutes who offer MBA courses in Bangalore, with such a unique learning method. Community-centered experiential learning has benefits that apply to personal, social and career development of management students.
The learning outcomes it provides are positively affecting student’s academic learning, improving abilities of students to apply what they have learnt in the real world and develop understanding of problem-analysis, problem-solving, critical thinking and cognitive development. With respect to personal aspects, the benefits of this method of learning are the increased levels of efficacy, personal identity and greater interpersonal development that comes with the ability to work with others. On the career front, students get the chance to make connections with professionals and community members for learning and get access to better career opportunities.
Education Articles1. Interior Design Course In Chennai
2. Software Testing Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
3. I Owe My Success To The Top Engineering College; Jmit
Author: ponting brown
4. Pass Microsoft Dynamics 365 Mb6-895 Exam In First Attempt With Valid Mb6-895 Exam Questions
Author: Bella Henry
5. Study Mbbs In Ukraine- One-stop-place To Study Mbbs
Author: kamal sharma
6. Why 2013 Is The Year Of Php
7. Best Web Designing Tools (2018)
8. Take The Help Of College Counseling For Getting Admission Abroad
Author: Michelle andre
9. Aspiring To Study Abroad? Take Up The Pte First Before Applying For Student Visa
Author: Mia Seal
10. Engineering In Artificial Intelligence
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
11. How Pmp Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career?
12. Best Digital Marketing Course In Hyderabad
Author: sai bhargav
13. How Nbfc Companies In Mumbai Is Changing Things For Student Loan:
Author: Eduvanz provides low cost, smart loans to finance
14. Common Mistakes A Graphic Designer Must Always Avoid...
Author: pankaj singh
15. Career Scope In Animation
Author: Visual Media