ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
5 Linkedin Marketing Tips For Begginers?
Total Articles: 8
LINKEDIN TIP #1: COMPLETE YOUR LINKEDIN PROFILE
It doesn't matter if you are just starting out on LinkedIn, or you have been around the block for years, make sure you go through each step and complete your profile at least to the standards of LinkedIn by:
• Adding your picture (make it a clean and professional please.
• Add a compelling summary
• Give and receive a few recommendations
• Update your current and past work experiences (this will be a HUGE factor in a future tip)
• Add your Hobbies
• Add your Interests
• And so on...
Completing your profile makes you seem more consistent in your actions.
LINKEDIN TIP #2: WRITE ABOUT YOURSELF AND WHAT YOU DO:
One of the first things people look at when they see your profile is your headline, so it's important that you make sure you tell the viewer two things:
1. Who You Serve
2. How You Serve Them
This quicker you can get to giving people exactly what they need in the least amount of time, the more results you will receive. Here is a good example for your reference that I use in all my social media sites profiles:
"I Help Entrepreneurs Save Time, Energy, and Money by Providing a Cost-Effective Web Strategy and Online Marketing Plan"
Just be brief and to the point. The more specific you can be, the more of a targeted audience that will reach out to connect with you and ask you to help them (meaning pay you!). It's pretty amazing how YOUR profile can be the first result for words like "advertising" "sales coach" "social media" "product developer" and so on.
LINKEDIN TIP #3: SUMMARIZE YOUR LINKEDIN PROFILE
Your LinkedIn summary is the part that tells YOUR story (i.e. your skill set, what you have to offer, how people can work with you, etc.)
If you really want to see results using LinkedIn, make sure you put some energy into playing to your highest potential.
This is what I want you to do when it comes to completing your summary:
• Start with your intro paragraph stating who you are, your passions and your goals. This doesn't have to be long, but get people interested in you as an individual (remember, we do business with those we feel we know, Like, and Trust).
• Create a new paragraph and tell people exactly who you help.
• Create a new paragraph and tell people exactly how you help them.
• Create a new paragraph and tell people how to contact you.
Remember to keep it simple, personal (yes personal, this is not a resume... it is a SOCIAL networking site so make it social!).
If you do this you will be achieving your goals in no time my friend!
LINKED TIP #4:CUSTOMIZE YOUR PROFILE:
It bugs me when people do not customize their website links on LinkedIn. Why? Because it just doesn't look right and you are not giving yourself the best chance to achieve your goals.
When you first create a profile it will read something like this:
Make sure you change it to read something more like this:
Learn about my projects
Follow My Tweets
Get Free Articles
Having more of a "Call to Action" will drive more people to your websites, and ultimately drive traffic and bring you quality leads for your business.
To customize your websites just click on "edit" next to "your website", then on the drop down tab click on "other" and add what you want it to read.
LINKEDIN TIP #5: GET CONNECTED!
Sometimes the biggest opportunities I receive are from people I don't even know, but who have heard about me from someone else. Has this ever happened to you?
It happens to me all of the time on LinkedIn. Random people contact me and ask me what my bank account detail is so they can send me money for my services. Would you like to receive random emails like that? If you said "YES" then read on.
Here is what I want you to do:
1. Import all of your contacts into LinkedIn:
Import from Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail, and gather up all of your excel spreadsheets and add them to your personal network on LinkedIn.
2. Send a mass personalized message:
This message lets them know you are updating your LinkedIn profile and that you would love to connect with them. By increasing your 1st-degree connections you are actually expanding your 2nd and 3rd-degree network... i.e. bringing you more opportunities for people who don't know you, to pay you MONEY! Therefore, add your current contacts to your LinkedIn profile, and start enjoying when people contact you out of thin air and help you build your business.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Law Firm Marketing Tips To Increase Your Client Base
Author: Shubham Yadav
2. Building E-commerce Website On Wordpress – A Great Choice For Entrepreneurs
Author: Zentryx Tech
3. How To Post Ads For Small Business On Internet?
Author: Barry Elvis
4. What Are The Considered Factors While Choosing A Marketing Agency?
Author: James Belly
5. What Are The Differences Between Wifi And Broadband?
Author: Barry Kinson
7. Pros And Cons Of Internet Marketing For Better Promotions
Author: Ryan Shaw
8. Affordable Seo Services India – Best Way To Gain Online Presence
Author: Rishabh Singh
10. Cloudstar Technologies
12. What Is Block Chain Technology
Author: Chaithanya Rvs
13. Can You Expand Your Company With The Help Of Philippines Toll-free Number?
Author: Lee Wood
14. What Are The Best Broadband Plans In Adelaide?
Author: Barry Kinson
15. What Is The Difference Between Hosted Pbx And Sip Trunking?
Author: Lee Wood