ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Activated Alumina Fluoride Removal.
Total Articles: 1
Alsorb F a true grade of activated alumina has long been considered the best technology for fluoride removal from aqueous solutions.
It is currently used to treat potable water for municipal and household units as well as remediation of waste streams. The adsorptive process is simple requiring a flow rate across the media with a five minute empty bed contact time.
activated alumina fluoride removal:
Alsorb-F is an aluminum oxide that is highly porous and exhibits high surface area. The crystal structure if alumina contains cation lattice discontinuities giving rise to localized areas of positive charge, this makes alumina attractvarious anionic species. Our alumina balls have a high preference for fluoride compared to other anionic species, and hence is an attractive adsorbent. It also does not shrink, swell, soften nor disintegrate when immersed in water. The activated alumina was proposed for the first tune fir de fluoridation of water for domestic use in the 1930s. Then, the activated alumina has become popular de-fluoridation method. The minimum adsorption capacity of Alsorb-F for fluoride is found to be 20.85mg F/g of alumina. The activated alumina balls used as a fluoride filter, can be regenerated by a solution of sodium hydroxide(NaOH), hydrochloric acis (HCL), sulfuric acid (H2SO4), and alum(KAL(SO4).
Sorbead India conducted various experiments of grade of Alsorb-F by using various particles size for analysis, which was conducted by standard method of examination of water & waste water In the experimentations the use of activated alumina balls are used for fluoride removal; we placed 30grams of 40 meshes ina 35mm glass tube. This gave a contact bed 305mm deep. Fifty liters of test water containing 5.0ppm fluoride were passed through at a rate of 200 to 250ml per minute
activated alumina water treatment
Activated alumina is capable of removing a variety of substances including excessive fluoride, arsenic and selenium. The fluoride removal process is based on adsorption on the surface of the activated alumina. Before using the calcinatedactivated alumina for NMW treatment, an initialisation process is applied.
What is activated alumina used for?
The compound is used as a desiccant (to keep things dry by absorbing water from the air) and as a filter of fluoride, arsenic and selenium in drinking water. It is made of aluminium oxide (alumina; Al2O3), the same chemical substance as sapphire and ruby (but without the impurities that give those gems their color).
How do you get fluoride out of water.?
Water Filters: One way of avoiding the fluoride from tap water is to purchase awater filter. Not all water filters, however, remove fluoride. The three types of filters that can remove fluoride are reverse osmosis, deionizers (which use ion-exchange resins), and activated alumina.
Environment Articles1. A Brief Note On Importance Of Pest Control Services
Author: Angela William
2. Get Influential App Ad-free Vero App To Widen Your Social Circle
Author: Vero App
3. Strategies For Improving Indoor Air Quality
Author: David Bowie
4. The Alternative To Pollution - Sustainable Power
5. A Climate-friendly Promise By Sterlite
Author: Alanna Alberto
6. Summer Solstice : The Scientific Influence Of The Longest Day Of The Year
7. Healthy Environment For Self-confidence
8. Restop To Discuss Successful Innovations To Manage Human Waste At Sustainable Summits Conference
9. Essential Oil Uses That Helps To Cure Cold Relief
Author: vrinda organics
10. Use Peddle Bins For A Cleaner Environment
Author: Chetan Rathod
11. Restop To Present On Environmentally-friendly Outdoor Sanitation At Overland Expo West
12. Effects Of Harmonics In Power System:
Author: Omprakash M
13. Some Important Steps Taken By The Industries To Manage The Electronic Waste
Author: Pankaj Kumar
14. Brief Relief To Showcase Personal Lavatory Systems At Windpower Expo 2018
15. External And Internal Structure Of Earth
Author: Arun Mohan