ALL >> Health >> View Article
How To Keep Your Teeth Healthy As You Travel
Total Articles: 82
Vacations and holidays offer great opportunities for relaxing and sleeping. But for some people, these are great times for traveling. Whether you are heading out to exotic locations or just a simple road trip, it is important that you keep your gums and teeth healthy all throughout. Below are some ways that you can keep your mouth healthy and clean while traveling.
1. Ventilate your toothbrush. You might not be aware of it, but your toothbrush needs air. Toothbrush holders that do not have holes for ventilation lock moisture inside, causing bacteria to grow. Place your toothbrush in a big container where air can circulate.
2. Keep your toothbrush dry. If you only intend to stay in one place, take your toothbrush out of its case or your travel bag and leave it out to properly dry. This will prevent from turning it into a breeding ground for bacteria.
3. Opt for handy oral hygiene items. The more compact and handy they are, the more you will use them. Go with foldable toothbrushes, small toothpaste and mini bottles of mouthwash. If you will be on a long flight, place them in your purse so you can conveniently use them mid-flight.
4. Bring an extra toothbrush. Losing a toothbrush while on a trip is not exactly uncommon. While there are toothbrushes furnished in hotels, these are usually too firm for your guns. Pack an extra toothbrush just in case. Place one in your purse and the other one in your checked bag.
5. Use water that you will drink. If you are traveling somewhere where it is not advisable to drink their tap water, do not use it to brush your teeth as well.Opt for treated or bottled water for your oral hygiene in places with unsafe water.
6. Pack sugarless gum. During your travel, there might be times where you will have to wait longer than you like to brush your teeth. In such instances, keep your mouth as clean as you can with sugarless gum or xylitol mints. Green tea should also help.
7. Control your sugar intake. Treats with high amounts of sugar can be a danger to your teeth and gums. Even though you are on vacation, try to minimize your intake of sugary treats. Remember that these are top contributors to tooth decay.
It might seem like hard work, but remember that proper oral care can go a long way for healthy teeth and gums. Follow the tips above and you should be all set. Ask your dentist for more tips on how you can take care of your teeth while traveling.
You Can also read Our latest article here - Gum Disease Can Lead to Tooth Loss. Find Out How
Health Articles1. Best Enterprise Risk Management
2. What Is Cavity Filling?
Author: ponting brown
3. Dental Implants – A Great Alternative To Dentures
Author: Derek Levenstein
4. Some Of The Causes Of Dental Pain In Bristol
Author: Derek Levenstein
5. Looking For Best Plastic Surgeon New Jersey
6. Training Faculty
Author: Harry Campbell
7. How Does Valium Work In Adult During Depression?
Author: DIazepam Generic Online
8. How To Get Your Real Estate Information In Chilliwack
Author: Olivia William
9. The Best Time To Invest In Canadian Real Estate
Author: Jimmy Walid
10. Things To Avoid In The Case Of Tapentadol And Tramadol:
Author: Things to avoid in the case of Tapentadol and Tram
11. What Are Different Signs That Shows Your Dog May Have Worms?
Author: Jacob Kelly
12. Cosmetic Dentistry And Its Inclusions
Author: M B Dental Home
13. Healthcare Industry’s Increased Dependency On Hybrid Clouds. Results Will Be Unpredictable!
14. Elderly People Can Improve Their Sleep Problems With Zopiclone Pills
Author: Lewis Carroll
15. Cure Teeth Sensitivity With Rejove Clinique
Author: Pradeep Mishra