ALL >> Home-Based-Business >> View Article
Sixexpensive Things That Could Be Wrong With Your New Home
Total Articles: 1
When shopping for your home, there are certain things you should know before purchasing. Here is a list of six things that could be wrong with your new home, and how to avoid them.
Plumbing problems are fairly common, especially in older homes. If you are viewing homes and you cannot see any water damage, that doesn’t mean there isn’t any. Even a damaged seal on a toilet can end up costing thousands of dollars in repairs from water damage to ceilings, floors and sub floors. Plus, it makes your house stinky. Gross.
Generally, you don’t think that an electrical wire is going to get “old” and stop working like an old battery. Well, that’s true wiring doesn’t “run out” like a battery, but electrical wiring can overheat over time and melt the protective covering surrounding it, or it can be damaged by rodents chewing it up!
Aside from your HVAC system, what do you think directly affects the cost of your utilities? Most people now know that whether or not your windows seal well, and what quality and efficiency they are, directly affects your energy bill. Windows that collect condensation in between panesor are painted shut, cracked, or don’t seal well can all affect your monthly costs.
“I enjoy absurdly hot and cold temperatures” said no one ever! The heating, ventilation and air conditioning system in your home is big area of concern. Nobody wants to find themselves sitting in a 40 degree house, or a 120 degree house! Older HVAC systems are less energy efficient, and they may have leaks and cracks in the system.
This is one that most people don’t think about. Some older homes have only been wired for two prong outlets, but home owners aren’t aware there is a difference and will incorrectly “update” their outlets with newer three prong outlets. This creates the potential for safety issues, like a fire hazard. Yikes!
Problems with the foundation of your home are a huge problem. Sagging floors and warped ceilings are fairly noticeable, but exterior cracks and soil shifting are more challenging to peg, and also can cost thousands of dollars and create safety issues with the home.
How do I avoid all these problems?
Do you want the easy answer? Get a home professional home inspection in Orange County. As a buyer, a home inspection really is a “must have” when purchasing a home, especially a used home. If you weigh the benefits of obtaining a professional home inspection against the cost of not getting one, you’ll find that it’s a wise investment. Home inspection prices in Orange County generally vary between about $300.00 and $500.00 bucks, which will equate to approximately 0.1% of the total cost of your home. Yes, I said a teens point one percent! That’s like, what you paid for your computer. Or your gaming console. Or those red high heeled boots you saw last week at the mall… You get the idea.
Home Based Business Articles1. Remodeling Your Kitchen On A Budget With Mini Makeovers
Author: siddharth Dedhia
2. Hire A Bathroom Remodel Contractor In El Dorado County And Get It Done The Right Way!
Author: The author is a creative writer and this article.
3. Top Real Estate Companies In Calgary
Author: Joe Badin
4. Best Carpet Cleaner For Pets
Author: Alam Hasu
5. Some Hygiene Tips To Keep Your Kitchen Scrupulously Clean
Author: Michael Brightmore
6. Best Maternity Photoshoot & Photography Ideas Images
Author: Weddings Photo
7. Best Living Rооm Dесоrаtiоn And Design Idеаѕ By Rebel Designs
Author: Harsh Gandhi
8. 5 Reasons Why A Clean Workplace Is Good For Business -professional Cleaning Services In Toronto
Author: Ian Pearson
9. Important Things To Remember While Building A Backyard Deck
Author: Liam Well
10. Opt For The Ultimate Window Cleaning Services San Francisco
Author: Greenforce Windowpro
11. Be Familiar With The Common Air Conditioner Problems!
Author: An air conditioner keeps your room cooler by drawi
12. How To Bring Best Out Of Your Feature Wall?
Author: David Smith
13. The Reasons For Having Best Apartment Cleaning Services In Clermont Fl
Author: Rudy Szanto
14. Hire Qualified Contractor That Formulate Water Damage Restoration Effectively As Per Standards
Author: Dominick Manieri
15. Long Term Rentals In Marbella
Author: Long Term Rentals Marbella