ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
Get A Sports Injury Attended To By A Specialist From An Injury Clinic
Total Articles: 11
If you are an athlete, it is most likely that you have incurred injuries to different parts of your body during the involvement. You cannot expect to attain an edge in the sport without hurting yourself. Since, a majority of sports involve a lot of physical and emotional exercise it is most common for the player to incur an injury, be it small or significant. Such kind of damage can occur because of the following:
Lack of training
Lack of warming up before starting to play a game may increase the risk of injury. The different injuries that happen during the activity may include:
Breakage of bones
A lot of times, problems arise with the muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and sometimes the bursae. Among others, an athlete may get affected with Traumatic Brain Injury.
The common injuries that can compel a sportsperson to visit an injury clinic in Bristol have been mentioned below.
Pulled muscle: muscle strain commonly occurs among athletes. This tends to happen when a particular muscle has been stretched for long and in the process incurs a tear. The various symptoms of muscle sprain can include:
Inability to move
A majority of times, people who suffer from the problem are unable to proceed with a particular body part, because of the muscle that has become strained due to excessive workout. Sometimes the problem can be cured. However serious issues will demand intervention of a specialist.
Proper evaluation is required for healing of a pulled muscle.
Torn ACL: The ACL which is known as the Anterior Cruciate Ligament holds your knee joint and supports it. However an ACL can get torn during a sports activity where the athlete lands the wrong way or suddenly changes his direction or comes to a halt all of a sudden. The situation can make it difficult for the sportsman to move since his mobility will be completely impaired because of the knee that has incurred a massive injury. Loss of motion, pain and swelling are common symptoms that can be felt during an ACL. The level of recovery mainly depends upon the age of the sportsperson. Physical therapy may come to the rescue of people facing the ligament damage.
Torn MCL: The Medial Collateral Ligament or the MCL connects the femur to the Tibia. It is located at the interior part of the knee. This can occur when the knee joint is forcefully pushed side-wards during a wrong move. Swelling and instability are common under such circumstances. Physiotherapy can come to the rescue of people who suffer from such injuries.
About the Author: To know more about injury clinic Bristol read the article by Ben Nixon. A fitness trainer himself and knows about the various techniques of keeping well.
Fitness Articles1. Xerosis
Author: Unknown Member
2. Break These Bad Gym Habits Immediately
3. 6 Mobility Exercises To Improve Shoulder Mobility
Author: Mack Taylor
4. Hoodies Are Popular Around The World: Know Why
Author: Julie Norady
5. Know About The Top Workout Apparel For Women
Author: Henry Vongxay
6. Fat Burners Supplements Are The Best Way To Reduce Unwanted Fat
Author: Rishabh Singh
7. Give Some Relaxation To Your Soft Tissues By Consulting Sports Massage Therapist
Author: Holly Coane
8. The Touch Of Ayurveda To Treat You And Help You To Recover From Health Problems
Author: Pog Radisson
9. The Various Aspects Of Chinese Medicine!
Author: Seth Aslatt
10. Tricks To Find Out Time For Regular Exercise
11. Are You Ready For Advanced Workouts?
12. Medical Standard Dentistry Dental Peek Milling Disc
Author: tony xu
13. Here Is How To Give A Long Life To Your Massage Therapy Career
Author: Gil Parquet
14. Anabolen Steroïden Te Koop @ Santa's Gift Op Deze Kerst
15. Things To Know About Adult Massage In Sydney
Author: Leona Miller