ALL >> Entertainment >> View Article
The Top 5 Dos And Don’ts Of Art Collection
Total Articles: 2
Over the years, art has gone tremendous change. It has made a significant impact on humans and as such we find many online art studios, art galleries, art exhibitions happening all over the world. Artists and art buyers also have grown in numbers.
What does Art Collection mean?
Art collection can be divided in two different types –
Public art collection such as art museums, art galleries, art exhibitions and online art studios
Private art collection where wealthy and famous people invest and collect art for monetary gains or individual pleasure which arises due to their love of art.
Different types of art collections
There are different types of art collections. These are
1. Digital Art Collections – Digital Art is the new form of art where technology and computer tools are used to create stunning art. Many online art galleries now house digital arts. Many artists are now creating more and more digital art.
2. Fine Art Collections – Fine art is collectible and most of the art museums, art galleries and exhibitions exhibit a vast range of fine art. Many private art collections have brilliant fine art masterpieces.
3. Museum Collections – Art museum’s collections have more legal connotations. Their art collections go through accessioning, conservation and de-accessioning which in layman terms means acquiring, conserving and selling off in auctions.
4. Books Collections or Libraries – One can find book collectors who buy books and create personal libraries. On the other hand, the libraries free for the public. Another type of book collections are the book stores like Barnes and Nobles and Amazon.
5. Sculpture Collections – There are various sculpture museums and online art galleries which have a large collection of sculptures ranging from antique sculptures to modern art sculptures and contemporary sculptures.
Different types of art collectors
These are the different types of art collectors –
1. The Bona Fide - care about is the quality of painting and the way it communicates with them. Some of these art lovers collect art to understand the tradition.
2. The Investor - sole purpose of collecting art is to make money out of the paintings.
3. The Bragger - these are art collectors who purchase paintings just to ‘show-off’. They believe it is a symbol of status and keep the paintings at their office or the living room.
4. The Ubiquitous - Some art collectors are obsessed with decorating their home with paintings.
Major trend of art collection trend in 2018
The major trend of art collection in 2018 focuses on visual appeal and aesthetics.
Dos and Don’ts of Art Collection
1. DO spend a bit of money on art. You will spend a lot on furniture and replace it many times over in your lifetime. Just buy something you love. Art is something you’ll keep forever.
2. DO be patient when it comes to buying art. Once you’ve chosen an artist that you’d like to collect, let their representing gallery know that you’d like to preview new work. It may take a while for it to become available, but it is worth the wait.
3. DO move art around. You should aim to re-hang each piece every couple of years. You’ll fall in love with old favorites again when you see them on a different wall. A new hang can almost feel like a new house!
1. DON'T assume you have to spend up big for great art. There are fantastic emerging artists whose work isn’t expensive, and you can watch their career develop over the years.
2. DON'T DIY! Get a professional picture hanger on board. They know the correct height for paintings and some can even help with placement.
What are your suggestions to new art collectors?
Are you an art collector? Let us know what other dos and don’ts one has to follow while developing their art collection.
If you are an artist; join ShowFlipper Inc. and showcase your creativity to the world!
Entertainment Articles1. Booking Best Seductive Exotic Chicago Strippers For Events
Author: Ashley Jennifer
2. Vortex Management Is A Sydney Based Commercial Modeling Agencies
Author: Vortex Management
3. How To Plan A Safe A Peaceful Party At Home
Author: Thomas Woaks
4. Most Searched Topics In The Latest Entertainment News Online
Author: Jill Clevenger
5. Why You Choose Destination Wedding?
6. 5 Key Benefits Of Photo Booth Rentals
Author: PhotoWorks Interactive
7. How To Advertise An Event In The Singapore
Author: miyara sisca
8. Lawn Care In Brandon
9. Make Your Weekends Sorted With Eventsfy!
10. Ganpati Full Screen Status Video - Latest Collection Of God Ganesh Full Hd Status
11. Go Crazy With The Use Of Black And Fluorescent Lights In The Fresh Uv Parties
Author: Thomas Woaks
12. How To Get Your Music On Itunes And Spotify
13. Gaur Gopal Das Speech Videos - Best Motivational Speeches On Life Story
14. Latest Collection Of Full Screen Video Status - All Types Of Video Status In Tamil
15. Things To Consider While Booking Wedding Dj Service
Author: Jamie Alberti